Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

What is the best/affordable amp I can get to power two alpine type rs 1243. I want some oooomp to my bass. But dont want the ignorant bass. Is hifonic any good?

Glad I found this thread 
happy.gif

Just sold a bunch of equipment to buy new digs for my brand new accord, pretty excited..

Trying to go more for SQ this time around rather than the SPL in my cutty sentra
laugh.gif

Only thing left that I'm hoping to get at this point is a deeper/smoother sub within 300-500WRMS. 

Nothing too punchy. Any recommendations would be great!

Setup:

DLS RS6 Comps up front

No rears (Pulled the stock speakers in the rear deck, allow more air to flow from trunk to cabin so my sub can breathe deep)

JL 12" W3 Dual 4 Ohms in a ~1.28 cubic sealed box

Front stage running off the HU amp for now, still deciding between decks

Subwoofer running bridged off of a late 1990's Nakamichi (ZED Audio) 2-Channel, throwing out a severely underrated 450W of clean clean power 
pimp.gif

Monster XLN interconnects throughout

KnuKoncepts power wire throughout

+ I've got ballistic sound deadening in the front doors, rear deck, and trunk (really prefer this stuff over dynamat tbh, I've used both and this stuff is much thicker and has some decent weight to it)

hey!! question, guys..

Im looking to update my system in an 08 Charger and was planning on putting

Rockford T1652-s in the FRONT doors (100w RMS)
Rockford T1692-s in the REAR decks (100w RMS)
hooked up to a Hifonics Series HFI100.4 amp (4 channels pushing 100w RMS per)

does this seem like a good idea? it looks like it on paper but, maybe some of you guys have had a these pieces before and have other ideas...

my other option was to go the ol' sleeper route..

Eminence pro 6" in the front w/ Audio Pipe tweeters... (100w RMS on the 6" & 50w RMS on the tweets)
and a Sound Stream SF-693T 6x9s in the rear (100w RMS)

the sub ill get to later as well as the HU... but i am reckless eyeballing a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT <<=== it has everything i want in it BUT im open to other suggestions on head units!!!

Originally Posted by PoLo Sport NYC

hey!! question, guys..

Im looking to update my system in an 08 Charger and was planning on putting

Rockford T1652-s in the FRONT doors (100w RMS)
Rockford T1692-s in the REAR decks (100w RMS)
hooked up to a Hifonics Series HFI100.4 amp (4 channels pushing 100w RMS per)

does this seem like a good idea? it looks like it on paper but, maybe some of you guys have had a these pieces before and have other ideas...

my other option was to go the ol' sleeper route..

Eminence pro 6" in the front w/ Audio Pipe tweeters... (100w RMS on the 6" & 50w RMS on the tweets)
and a Sound Stream SF-693T 6x9s in the rear (100w RMS)

the sub ill get to later as well as the HU... but i am reckless eyeballing a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT <<=== it has everything i want in it BUT im open to other suggestions on head units!!!
audio pipe 
sick.gif

what's your budget

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Glad I found this thread 
happy.gif

Just sold a bunch of equipment to buy new digs for my brand new accord, pretty excited..

Trying to go more for SQ this time around rather than the SPL in my cutty sentra 
laugh.gif

Only thing left that I'm hoping to get at this point is a deeper/smoother sub within 300-500WRMS. 

Nothing too punchy. Any recommendations would be great!

Setup:

DLS RS6 Comps up front

No rears (Pulled the stock speakers in the rear deck, allow more air to flow from trunk to cabin so my sub can breathe deep)

JL 12" W3 Dual 4 Ohms in a ~1.28 cubic sealed box

Front stage running off the HU amp for now, still deciding between decks

Subwoofer running bridged off of a late 1990's Nakamichi (ZED Audio) 2-Channel, throwing out a severely underrated 450W of clean clean power 
pimp.gif

Monster XLN interconnects throughout

KnuKoncepts power wire throughout

+ I've got ballistic sound deadening in the front doors, rear deck, and trunk (really prefer this stuff over dynamat tbh, I've used both and this stuff is much thicker and has some decent weight to it)
SSA Dcon 15 would love 300w 
Needs about 4 cubes sealed, though. 

mondaynightraw wrote:
audio pipe 
sick.gif

what's your budget

^^yeah i wanted to run them off the stock radio and 6.5 & rear 6x9s of 4-channel amp...

BUT is there a better choice?

Budget : I will spend for better clearer sounding stuff IF it also means its louder... i dont want crystal clear 60W speakers when i can pay for crystal clear 125W speakers for a couple of $$$ more..Names have no effect on me..

which brings me to this question...

Do I NEED rear speakers with a decent front stage and nice SUB??

I have to give props where they are due. Mondaynightraw has helped me tremendously throughout the whole process. His knowledge has been invaluable and he's responded to every single question I've asked. He's a stand up dude who knows his stuff and I recommend listening to him if you know next to nothing about car audio like I did when I first started. My car sounds great (subs are coming in this week) and I'm ecstatic. Hopefully I can gain more knowledge and spread it around to friends.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

No. Rears are useless.

I need a budget, though.

^^ sorry made a mistake... I meant $1600-$1700 is the budget. But now I've heard some different systems and I'm LOVING how "Beyma components sound some in looking at that but I really don't want to do anything bigger than a 10" sub.. I drive evrywhere with the whip and wifey is NOT having me take away from her trunk room... BTW I have a '08 dodge charger...

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

No. Rears are useless.

I need a budget, though.

^^ sorry made a mistake... I meant $1600-$1700 is the budget. But now I've heard some different systems and I'm LOVING how "Beyma components sound some in looking at that but I really don't want to do anything bigger than a 10" sub.. I drive evrywhere with the whip and wifey is NOT having me take away from her trunk room... BTW I have a '08 dodge charger...
so u like bright sounding speakers?

@ mondaynightraw, if you say "bright sounding" meaning clear then yes! I LOVE highs and vocals mixed with a nice bass that accompanies that front stage NOT something I feel before I see the vechicle ...My cousin has Beyma and I absolutely love how clear and crisp the sound is.... Made me change my whole set up plans..But I trust your opinion on this matter too... What's your thoughts?

Some beyma speakers are cool.

But every setup sounds different in every car

What sounds good in one won't sound the same in another.

so, lets say Beyma isnt a better choice for good clean, clear sound in a system...barring grossly over priced components, whats your thoughts on a direction to head in?
my first idea (and still second contender) is to do a full Rockford Fosgate speaker set up thru out the whip...

because while brand name means nothing to me, having a uniformed set up is appealing however..

as far as a HU, i HATE the way single dins looks in a Charger... HATE HATE HATE.. but i refuse to spend $600-$1200 for a good double Din just for Navi... i have a excellent phone for that... TYVM!

i did  find the AVH-P4300DVD attractive... but im still on the fence with that...

With your budget, sticking to 1 brand isn't an option. If i had to stick to 1 brand, i'd prolly go alpine or jbl.

You'll find better deals piecing together things from different brands.

Instead of a 10, ever considered a couple 8's? 2 or 3 sealed would be cool.

I was actually thinking about doing a single 10" ported thru the rear deck because I room for my kicks and bags as well as my wife and her stuff when we go on vacay....Sounds crazy but we take a lot of kicks and clothes when we full out...But if a dual 8" removalable box set up would still sound nice then I'd look it to it...I just don't want any Damn rattling when the music is rocking.... Bass I'm lost on because for some reason no one can give me a actual number of how much watts their subs are pushing.... Everyone just dropped their stuff off at a shop and said " here take my bread and do whatever!! Ilk be back in 2 days." Everyone gives me a BS peak watt amount.... It's hella frustrating dealing with flatbush cats..

I was actually thinking about doing a single 10" ported thru the rear deck because I room for my kicks and bags as well as my wife and her stuff when we go on vacay....Sounds crazy but we take a lot of kicks and clothes when we full out...But if a dual 8" removalable box set up would still sound nice then I'd look it to it...I just don't want any Damn rattling when the music is rocking.... Bass I'm lost on because for some reason no one can give me a actual number of how much watts their subs are pushing.... Everyone just dropped their stuff off at a shop and said " here take my bread and do whatever!! Ilk be back in 2 days." Everyone gives me a BS peak watt amount.... It's hella frustrating dealing with flatbush cats..
Regardless of where the port goes, the trunk will still vibrate. That's inevitable. 
2-3 8's would be a much better choice imo. Box size will be in the same ball park for 1 10 ported and you'll have more cone area 

Back
Top Bottom