Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

KIV-BT900_Angled_610x257.jpg
(Credit:Kenwood)

LAS VEGAS--Yet anothercar audio manufacturer is testing out the CD-less lifestyle, as Kenwood announces its KIV-BT900 digital car audio receiver. Apparently, people don't just don't use discs anymore.

The KIV-BT900 drops its CD drive like a hot potato, instead focusing its attention on handling digital audio and video from USB-connected portable media players. Named among the supported devices are theiPod,iPhone, iPod Touch, and Zune. USB mass storage devices are also supported for a variety of audio (MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV), picture (JPEG and BMP), and video (MPEG4, WMV and H.264) formats.

When the vehicle is parked, the KIV-BT900 displays its menus, song data, album artwork, and video content on a 3-inch color TFT display. The KIV can also play back video while the vehicle is in motion, but only to an external monitor through its rear video output. Speaking of expandability, a trio of 4-volt preamp outputs allows for the addition of external amplification.

The BT in KIV-BT900 stands for Bluetooth, as the KIV-BT900 features Bluetooth wireless connectivity powered by Parrot. Users who don't want hands-free calling can opt for the less expensive KIV-700, which features all of the functionality of the KIV-BT900 with the exception of Bluetooth.

The Kenwood KIV-BT900 and KIV-700 will retail for $500 and $450, respectively, when they become available in April. KIV-700 users who decide that they want Bluetooth after the fact can add the KCA-BT300 hideaway Bluetooth module for $180, but trust us, the KIV-BT900 is a much better deal.

pimp.gif

Ayo mmn, yet another n00b question

my d6.700 4 channel is like u said

115 at 4 by 4ohms
175 at 4 by 2ohms
and
350 at 2 by 4or2 ohms

I've looked up wiring my speakers Parallel

my amp is 2ohms compatible so dat wouldn't be a problem

my speaker set is

Alpine spr-69c pair in the rear and spx-17 pros in the front

they are currently wired at the standard 4ohms, so their very underpowered

if I wire the set of spr's parallel to one channel (bridged) and the spx's to the remaining channel (bridged)

would the speakers be power at 175 watts since it's one 350 watt channel divided by 2 sets of speakers?

Is this even durable?

As u can tell I'm just trying to take avantage of the extra power availble rather then wiring normal at 115 watts.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

getting that installed isn't gonna make the system sound better...

Yeah its not about the sound.. the disc changer keeps breaking down and cds keep getting stuck, plus I wanted to replace the stock unit..

Maybe I meant distort

so let me clarify so dat I can put my questioning to rest,

I know ur a big fan of having no rear speakers, but I usually have people in the backseat

there's no wiring schematic to have all 4 channel run at 175 watts with the speakers I have?

No

2 ohms is a bad idea anyway...lower the ohm=more distortion in the signal + the amp has to work twice as hard

You get distortion too when bridging but its not as bad.

Aight thank you, so I guess my next question is

can u recommend me a 4 channel for my speakers

Rated at around 140-185 watts per channel at 4 ohms

I'm just throwing out random numbers so sorry if I sound stupid

anywhere inbetween 225-350 $$$

there aren't any 4 channels that do big power like that...most i've seen is 150

u only get power like that when u bridge.

Ooo okay and then stuff gets really complicated cause I'd have 3 amps then

exactly what I'm trying to avoid

thanks man ur knowledge is much appreciated

no ayo

1 mono

+

I wantted to power all the speakers inside at around 2-250 watts

so if I cop a pdx f6 (alpine) it pushes 150 watts at 4 ohms per 4 channels

an den bi amp the second amp

but who knows

I might be satisfied when I purchase the pdx??? Maybe

[size=-2]WRMS Power (1 ohm) to 13.8 V: 16,500 Watts
WRMS Power (2 ohms) to 13.8 V: 11,100 Watts
WRMS power (4 ohms) to 13.8 V: 6,200 Watts
WRMS Power (1 ohm) to 12.6 V: 14,200 Watts
WRMS Power (2 ohms) to 12.6 V: 9,500 Watts
WRMS power (4 ohms) to 12.6 V: 5,200 Watts

sick.gif

[/size]

god that thing looks beastly..love to have 2 18's up to that for a quick meter run lol.. btw monday u seen those new amps called cresendo... filthy.. puts out 4,200 at 1 ohm. 560 shipped.. new brand comming out, youll thank me for the heads up.. no subs yet, but soon.. real similiar to Sundown- same mother board for the amps

btw that building video is sick.. but obv the richocet of sound off the building helps.. plus the thin tin roof.. still nonetheless dope

Back
Top Bottom