Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

This is ridiculous, it's like being in class.

I'm looking at this topic from an electrical engineering point of view. I see the above video with dude using a multimeter, oscilloscope, etc. Do you guysactually use electrical instrumentation when you install your car audio systems? This seems like a good project for me.

On the theory side of this post I've seen

Gain
Bandpass
Capacitors
Amplifier

All good stuff.

I'm sitting here drawing the SPICE schematics in my head lol. Are any of you electrical engineers or majoring in the field by any chance? I was never bigon audio engineering, but with my background I'm able to pick up on what you guys are talking about on a purely technical level. Application wise, not somuch. Installing my own car audio system seems like a good summer project and something to help prepare me for Senior Design.

Mr. Monday Night you seem to know your +%#+. Is this what you do for a living?

FTL you mean, dudes gettin taxxed 2k for a midgrade system and a likely chance the shop shortcutted you

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

I'm looking at this topic from an electrical engineering point of view. I see the above video with dude using a multimeter, oscilloscope, etc. Do you guys actually use electrical instrumentation when you install your car audio systems? This seems like a good project for me.

On the theory side of this post I've seen

Gain
Bandpass
Capacitors
Amplifier

All good stuff.

I'm sitting here drawing the SPICE schematics in my head lol. Are any of you electrical engineers or majoring in the field by any chance? I was never big on audio engineering, but with my background I'm able to pick up on what you guys are talking about on a purely technical level. Application wise, not so much. Installing my own car audio system seems like a good summer project and something to help prepare me for Senior Design.

Mr. Monday Night you seem to know your +%#+. Is this what you do for a living?
Just a hobby. I actually don't know much to be honest. awash is the one that knows the in's and out's of car audio

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Car Toys doing this for me FTWL!!

I'm looking at this topic from an electrical engineering point of view. I see the above video with dude using a multimeter, oscilloscope, etc. Do you guys actually use electrical instrumentation when you install your car audio systems? This seems like a good project for me.

Using electrical instrumentation is the most accurate, and safest way to get all of your equipment dialed in. My dad was an electrician so I spent all of mysummers working with him and learn a @%%% ton about everything...eventually I started working with Car Audio when I was a teenager. To the people thinkingthat Car Toyz did it for you, its safe to say that they did not, it takes hours upon hours. System tuning is not a "set it and forget it" process. Ittook me a few weekends of tweaking and adjusting everything from settings to speaker placement to get my most recent system tuned so that everything soundedthe way it should. Is it necessary for everyone? Hell no, but if you buy high dollar equipment then you should get it installed the right way so that: a.) itdoesnt get damaged, and b.) so it performs the way its supposed to.
Its not really as complicated as it seems. You just need to read and then go out and start getting some hands on experience.

Originally Posted by awash242

Using electrical instrumentation is the most accurate, and safest way to get all of your equipment dialed in. My dad was an electrician so I spent all of my summers working with him and learn a @%%% ton about everything...eventually I started working with Car Audio when I was a teenager. To the people thinking that Car Toyz did it for you, its safe to say that they did not, it takes hours upon hours. System tuning is not a "set it and forget it" process. It took me a few weekends of tweaking and adjusting everything from settings to speaker placement to get my most recent system tuned so that everything sounded the way it should. Is it necessary for everyone? Hell no, but if you buy high dollar equipment then you should get it installed the right way so that: a.) it doesnt get damaged, and b.) so it performs the way its supposed to.
Its not really as complicated as it seems. You just need to read and then go out and start getting some hands on experience.
when it's all done
pimp.gif

It once got to the point where i would end up going to car to watch 24 & house since the surround in the house wasn't cutting it
laugh.gif

this is just
eek.gif

pimp.gif

JL Audio W7 or Kicker Solarbaric L5?

I need a sub for my car and I cant decide. Ive heard both are good. I also heard the Rockford Fosgate Power 2 subs are pretty good as well. Im looking foreither 13" or 15". Anybody have any knowledge or owns any of these?

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Setting the gains seems way complicated

Imma let the system rock just the way it is.
pimp.gif

that @*@+ is mad simple. amp could be clipping and you don't even know it

Originally Posted by cnballa7

Any recommendations on an amp to push two 12" kicker CVRs?

which ones

thats the only box that can fit in my mr2...

anyone got any suggestions for a box?

length has to be 20 inches and bottom depth has to be 7.5.

i gotta have a a truck styled box.

Hey I have a quick question fellas.

I what to get 2 FI.Q12 and I don't know what amp to match with it. So the question is what amp goes with those speakers? (FYI I like kicker amps)

Originally Posted by Miniojw

Hey I have a quick question fellas.

I what to get 2 FI.Q12 and I don't know what amp to match with it. So the question is what amp goes with those speakers? (FYI I like kicker amps)
Sundown 1500.1
Diablo Technologies 2500.1
Audioque 1500.1

Mr. Monday, I was always under the impression that prefab sealed boxes to the spec of your sub didn't suck

Back
Top Bottom