Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

hell no. not powerful enough...

you wanna give those subs around 350-400 each.

this would work
http://www.onlinecarstere...ail.aspx?ProductID=18434

but that price
eek.gif

i was reading and it says my subs can only handle 200w each... so with 3 subs wouldnt that be 600w?

Originally Posted by ienycepnoyi

what do you guys think of getting a box off ebay that was made for a specific subwoofer? im looking at getting a type r and saw theres a seller selling a box specifically tuned for a type r. going for about 80 bucks. is it worth it? how much would a mom and pop car stereo place charge usually for a 12" box?

so i found a box for 2 of the 8 inch and a sperate 8 inch box for $70... HELL NO.... for the price i paid for the speakers and if i get the boxes.... im jsutgonna go get a different set up.... thats almost $200... for a $225 i can get 2 10w6 v2 ( the newer ones ) in a box... so i already sold 1 speaker for $40...now i just have to sell 2 more...
laugh.gif
what a headache

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

so i found a box for 2 of the 8 inch and a sperate 8 inch box for $70... HELL NO.... for the price i paid for the speakers and if i get the boxes.... im jsut gonna go get a different set up.... thats almost $200... for a $225 i can get 2 10w6 v2 ( the newer ones ) in a box... so i already sold 1 speaker for $40... now i just have to sell 2 more...
laugh.gif
what a headache
what are you doing
smh.gif

custom boxes are not cheap.

what do you guys think of getting a box off ebay that was made for a specific subwoofer? im looking at getting a type r and saw theres a seller selling a box specifically tuned for a type r. going for about 80 bucks. is it worth it? how much would a mom and pop car stereo place charge usually for a 12" box?

get the specs

^^^ you think that the 3 8inch would be better then the 2 10w6? i mean... for almost the same price i can get newer speakers in a box with less hassels oflooking for a amp...

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

get the specs
all it says in the auction as far as specs are

• Built specifically for one 12" Alpine Type R Subwoofer
  • CNC cut(computor guided router)
  • Glued
  • Screwed
  • Sealed
  • Black Carpet (charcoal grey is optional)
  • Box external dimensions.... Width 15.25" - Depth 12.50" - Height 13.50"
  • Gold Terminal located on the back of the box
  • Made with Grade 'A' 0.75" MDF

• Built to last!
and the type r

• Power Handling:
    • Peak: 1500 watts
    • RMS: 500 watts
  • Impedance: Dual 4 ohms
  • Parabolic Kevlar pulp fiber cone woofer
  • High amplitude multi-roll
  • Santoprene surround
  • Cast aluminum perimeter vented frame
  • Compound Radius Curve (CRC)
  • Radial Vented VC Heat sink
  • Airflow Management System
  • Mirrored progressive Nomex Spiders
  • Concealed mount gasket system
  • One-sided terminal layout
  • Sensitivity 85 dB
  • Frequency Response 23-500 Hz

I have road noise coming through my right rear speaker (Pioneer)

My amp power cable is running on my driver's side and the RCA's are on the passenger side.

My speaker wire (to rear Pioneers) is running under my carpet.

Are my RCA's too close to the speaker wire, even though it's running under my carpet?

What could be the problem?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

get the specs
all it says in the auction as far as specs are
it's a sealed box..i'd get a ported box to be honest

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

yeah they are dual 4.. so it should be easier to find a amp right? here is the link....
http://portland.craigslis.../mlt/ele/1154225947.html
dude is kind of out the way.... but im willing to drive a little.. plus i need to get my pistol permit in oregon too
take that!

Does the box really make a big diff?? Right now i have 2 12inch type R DVC 4ohm subs in a ported box from best buy with a RF power 1000-1bd running at 1 ohm.Previously I had a kenwood kac9102 mono amp with the subs and it kinda did sound louder and better. But this RF amp has more power so i dont understand whythis would sound worse. Also, Mr Monday Night you think you could tell me da specs on a box for 2 12inch type Rs? Thanks for any info

what car

btw, 2 dual 4 ohm sub presents a 2 ohm load not 1. and according to the specs on that amp, you are underpowering those subs

Oh hi.

Stereo (all done at The Sound Choice in Portland):
Alpine IVA-D300 motorized touch screen
Crossfire speakers
Crossfire Amps (1000w and 400w)
2 15" Earthquake subwoofers
1 15" Storm subwoofer
Kinetic "Cap Killer" 1800 battery (it has a cap too... so much for a $370 "cap killer" battery)
6 CD Changer
iPod hookup
PS3

Untitled1_4.jpg

Untitled2_5.jpg

i have a 95 acura legend. Also, the subs are 500 watts rms and the amp is 1000 watts at 1 ohm... so its 500 to each right?? also i looked at this web page wheni was wiring my subs... http://www.the12volt.com/...figurations.asp?Q=2&I=42 and according to thatdiagram it comes out to 1 ohm... but it might be wrong but thats how i wired it so i thought its 1 ohmm...

Originally Posted by Khlav Kalash

Oh hi.

Stereo (all done at The Sound Choice in Portland):
Alpine IVA-D300 motorized touch screen
Crossfire speakers
Crossfire Amps (1000w and 400w)
2 15" Earthquake subwoofers
1 15" Storm subwoofer
Kinetic "Cap Killer" 1800 battery (it has a cap too... so much for a $370 "cap killer" battery)
6 CD Changer
iPod hookup
PS3

Untitled1_4.jpg

Untitled2_5.jpg
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by vikdakid23

i have a 95 acura legend. Also, the subs are 500 watts rms and the amp is 1000 watts at 1 ohm... so its 500 to each right?? also i looked at this web page when i was wiring my subs... http://www.the12volt.com/...figurations.asp?Q=2&I=42 and according to that diagram it comes out to 1 ohm... but it might be wrong but thats how i wired it so i thought its 1 ohmm...

you can't wire 2 dual 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm

Are you sure? im not saying you dont know what your talking bout, but for some reason every website i go to says you cant wire 2 dvc 4 ohm subs to 2 ohms for amono amp... all of them say you can wire them to either 1 ohm or 4 ohms... but how would u recomend i run these subs to that amp and at what ohm? i had thesesubs for a minute and everywhere i go everyone says you can only run it at 1 ohm and not 2

*EDIT* I just went to like a good 10 other websites and they say the same thing about how you cant run the subs to 2 ohm... im gettin confused !
ohwell.gif

My amp power cable is running on my driver's side and the RCA's are on the passenger side.

Are my RCA's too close to the speaker wire, even though it's running under my carpet?

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Make sure you have good connections at the head unit, the amps and check ALL of the ground wires in your system.

Originally Posted by vikdakid23

Are you sure? im not saying you dont know what your talking bout, but for some reason every website i go to says you cant wire 2 dvc 4 ohm subs to 2 ohms for a mono amp... all of them say you can wire them to either 1 ohm or 4 ohms... but how would u recomend i run these subs to that amp and at what ohm? i had these subs for a minute and everywhere i go everyone says you can only run it at 1 ohm and not 2

*EDIT* I just went to like a good 10 other websites and they say the same thing about how you cant run the subs to 2 ohm... im gettin confused !
ohwell.gif
What sites?

Back
Top Bottom