Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I just bought a custom ported box from a guy for $50.

I didn't have it built, he did for his old setup.

He was running 2-12" Alpine Type-X in it.

The box is ported and tuned to 32 hz.

It's too wide for my trunk, but I'm still going to keep it and run it when I upgrade my car.

Beasty box, just too wide for my trunk.

so i got this amp. kicker ZX750.1
i wired it and it wouldn't power on/work. i wired it twice and made sure i did everything right, no luck.
all the fuses seem to be good, and the connections are proper. and still nothing.

so i wired back to my original fosgate amp, and it works perfectly.

now my question is, can a fuse be bad, even tho its not blown? i was thinkin, either the fuses are bad or the amp itself is just dead.?
there are 2 of these fuses on the side of the amp
http://www.radioshack.com...&CAWELAID=107593719#

but they look good. ? not blown..

then i hit the local beat shop but they were closing, so the guy didn't have time to answer my questions and thoroughly check out my stuff no ayo
but he got this lil tool thing and said something along these lines "there's no power going through the rca cable" (the skinny blue wire right?)

but yeah if all the wires/connection work with my other amp, what's the problem with the kicker amp? the fuses? or the amp itself just doesn't work?
how will i be able to tell?

MMN ?
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

oops i'm trippin i guess i meant the other one. watever the blue skinny wire is called.
i even asked him to be sure i said "the skinny blue wire?" and he said yeah lulz

so either way if those fuses on the side were good or bad, that wouldn't even matter for it to at least power on?
damnn fml

laugh.gif
at your avy this guy brought it back. k3llz. lulz

Yo I need an amp... where the hell you been at... mia and !*%+ still camping for the garbage foams?

Originally Posted by GFlower8

so i got this amp. kicker ZX750.1
i wired it and it wouldn't power on/work. i wired it twice and made sure i did everything right, no luck.
all the fuses seem to be good, and the connections are proper. and still nothing.

so i wired back to my original fosgate amp, and it works perfectly.

now my question is, can a fuse be bad, even tho its not blown? i was thinkin, either the fuses are bad or the amp itself is just dead.?
there are 2 of these fuses on the side of the amp
http://www.radioshack.com...&CAWELAID=107593719#

but they look good. ? not blown..

then i hit the local beat shop but they were closing, so the guy didn't have time to answer my questions and thoroughly check out my stuff no ayo
but he got this lil tool thing and said something along these lines "there's no power going through the rca cable" (the skinny blue wire right?)

but yeah if all the wires/connection work with my other amp, what's the problem with the kicker amp? the fuses? or the amp itself just doesn't work?
how will i be able to tell?

MMN ?
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
More than likely your amp power wire isn't connected 100% behind your headunit. Happened to me, I own the exact same amp and my power wire wasn't wired all the way.

Should solve your problem.

actually it was the 40A fuses. when i had checked them they were good, and at the time i guess i didn't connect something right so those fuses ended up blowing. but then later on i didn't bother checkin them back out.

replaced them and the amp works fine.
^what sub(s) u got the amp hooked to? and i kno this depends on your own system, but on your amp wat are your settings lookin like? hz gain bass boost ...

Originally Posted by GFlower8

^what sub(s) u got the amp hooked to? and i kno this depends on your own system, but on your amp wat are your settings lookin like? hz gain bass boost ...
I had 2-12" MA Audio subs; 300 rms, running @ 4-Ohms.

Hz - 60-80 to match my headunit.
Gain - 45%-50%
Bass Boost - 6db.

Had it hitting hard.

pimp.gif

I'm upgrading to 2-12"; Dual 2-Ohm Fi Q [custom ported box, tuned to 32hz] as soon as I save up enough.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Damn this thread is still going strong...I havent been here since May of last year but I see MR MONDAY is still holdin ++$@ down
pimp.gif
.  Heres some of my 2010 pick-ups going in the Tahoe for the new season:

Two JL 300/2s
-- one for the mids, one for the tweets. Im not particularly an JL fan because of pricing, but these were free and the filters are surprisingly much better than my previous Sundown 100.2s. Very very clean power output.
dzjxq8.jpg

Carrozzeria DEH-P01 (Pioneer) - straight from my Japanese connect. If you know of Carrozzeria decks then you already know what the deal is
pimp.gif
 The US version of this will be out later this year (DEX-P99rs)...but its internals are not as good as the Japanese version.
6f9khv.jpg

Hybrid Audio L6 mids and L1 pro tweeters...Im still waiting on my L8s
mij9jr.jpg

I'll still be running my Fi Q15s sealed off the Sundown amps...but thats all thats staying from my current setup.

Back
Top Bottom