Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Sucks that Booz got hurt but having aguy that is going to get 18/10 every night is going to help so much.

So pumped about the season.

Pooh should be prime to take a giant leap. Struggled early with a bad ankle but he turned it up last year. I expect another jump in play close to what he did last year.

Deng should get back to a 17/9 type player. I think he will become a very solid 3rd option. Don't really get the hate for him. VDN's offense was a joke and Deng got the ball 23 feet from the tin and had players staring at him to do something. What did you expect? Thibs has a better basketball mind than VDN and has been around much more talent in coaching circles. It will show with Deng.

The frontline with Boozer will be tough to get rebounds against. Asik and Crazy Kurt should give us 15 solid minutes and 12 fouls to beat up on other. Taj and JJ should be the energy guys up front.

Korver and his shooting is going to pay so much dividends. Watson is a scorer. Brewer and Bogans should be able to slow down wings.

I think this team is very good. I think it is 50-55 wins good. Health is the key as always and we need Boozer to have zero setbacks. The Central is so crappy is scary. There should be 12-14 wins just there. Stay around .500 after the Circus trip and with Boozer out and with breaking in 11 new guys and a new coach and I think we see a .650-.700 win team after that. Should be able to stop teams and Pooh getting to the rim is a damn lock if he wants to.

I expect Deng to have a good battle with KD tonight. KD is going to get his but I think this game is very winnable.

Lets get this and start the season strong
pimp.gif

As much optimism I have for the Bulls this season, one thing I've learned is that we are notorious for slow starts. Hopefully a W tonight will break that pattern. And Cake, I'd take that 5 hour drive down 94 if I had a whip with me here.

Originally Posted by windycity7

5 HOURS
sick.gif
the couch it is
same face i made we would have had to hit him with all the wings he can eat after that

he would have had to leave atleast a hr ago to make it for tip off
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

5 HOURS
sick.gif
the couch it is
same face i made we would have had to hit him with all the wings he can eat after that

he would have had to leave atleast a hr ago to make it for tip off
sick.gif
If I woulda came down I'd stay until Sunday. No way I'd head straight back 
laugh.gif

Pregame Article..  http://www.chicitysports....-reunion-with-kd-in-okc/

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK— Tonight, the Chicago Bullsopen their 2010-11 NBA season in Oklahoma City.  It has been a longwait for Chicago fans, who have been waiting to see just how good thesenew-look Bulls will play in a game that matters.  But the first testwill be a difficult challenge, on the road, without their newlyacquired power forward, against a Western Conference foe – whom manypeople anticipate have risen to be the second best team in thatconference.  Derrick Rose will face his F.I.B.A. teammates Jeff Green,Russell Westbrook, and fellow 21 year-old superstar, (thissummer’s World’s MVP) Kevin Durant.

This is not going to be an easy way to start the season. Fortunately, for Chicago, Rose and company won the game thatthey played in Oklahoma City last year, 96-86, as apart of anunprecedented 5-game road winning streak (the first time in NBA historythat a team won that many consecutive games against above-0.500 ballclubs).  The highlight of that game was a cross-over and reverselay-up Rose dished out upon, great defender and former Bull, ThaboSefolosha. 

However,this time may be different.  The Thunder were 24-21 at that point lastseason.  Since that loss, they have boasted a record of 26-11 – and,soon after, nearly forced a decisive Game 7 against would be 2-timerepeating Champion L.A. Lakers.

Tonight’s game largely depends on the status of young, Thunder F/C,Serge Ibaka, who seems primed to break out into one of the league’s toprebounders and shot-blockers in 2011.  Ibaka missed the Thunders’ finalpre-season game against the New Orleans Hornets with a sprained wrist. His presence would help the Thunders’ chances of beating the Bulls –who will have Taj Gibson starting in the place of, the disabled, Carlos Boozer.

The key for the Bulls is cutting off penetration in the lanes forthe young Thunder slashers.  Turnovers will be a huge key to pull offan upset victory, as well.  This will be the first regular season gamethat C.J. Watson, Kyle Korver, Omer Asik, Kurt Thomas, Keith Bogans, and Ronnie Brewer(who missed most pre-season action with a hamstring injury) will beplaying together as teammates.  Head coach, Tom Thibodeau, has saidthat one of his focal points is going to be keeping  turnoverdifferential as a strength for the Bulls.  The importance ofthis cannot be understated going up against a powerhouse team, on theroad.   If the Bulls can force OKC to choke up the ball, and even getsome long rebounds, that will spark the Bulls’ transition game -another one of Thibodeau’s keys for winning.  Getting easy bucketsshould come much easier this season now that Chicago has added RonnieBrewer and C.J. Watson to throw in alongside Derrick Rose.  Brewer andWatson are bound to cause deflections and havok in the Thunders’passing lanes.  Putting on a solid 3-2 zone defense could easily haultthe Thunder’s ball movement, and lead to steals and highlight finishesfrom Rose and Brewer in a flash.

Tonight’s game will be featured on ESPN at 7:00 CST.

I'm hoping this game is on ESPN3. I have a class but I'll have my laptop with me.. Can't miss this game lol.

wassup my peoples...im not leaving work til 6 leaving bolingbrook so i wont be there early to get a table..its on whoever get there first

cake and cas, good to hear yall women all good now, that workplace stress is a mofo

any of yall that cant watch the game should be able to listen in.on espn 1000...check link at espnchicago.com

i can hear red kerr now "Bulls win!bulls win!!" although we normally get off to slow starts, i am counting on mew coach and new players to forge a new culture round these parts...we are in good shape with all the home games prior to circus trip..we just gotta get it done thru travel and back to back games

ill try to make it early but i cant promise anything......whoever gets there first should just reserve a table for 8-12 i guess....watch it be just me,cas,ant & cake
roll.gif

ill try to make it early but i cant promise anything......whoever gets there first should just reserve a table for 8-12 i guess....watch it be just me,cas,ant & cake
roll.gif
that would be chill

i know one thing cake better bring some unreleased music from jewels 
laugh.gif

Gosh, I hate to flake, but i'm gonna have to stay late at work. Wont be able to make it guys. Hope ya'll have a great time. Go Bulls!!

We are going to need to have a bunch of meet ups this season. I want to attend one... I live in Rockford, so it's not that far.

Back
Top Bottom