Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

This signing is pointless if Bogans continues to start. Start Ronnie and bring Butler/Korver off the bench. But we all know how hard headed Thibs is so this probably won't happen 
30t6p3b.gif

that would be something if he did Pro, he'd be asking for trouble if he showed up in the Chicago 10s with it

in the end,I think it just gives us more depth. If we could throw him in there for 5 minutes to give Lu a breather and the defense doesn't drop off and he can hit an open three, it's worthwhile. Plus we are not giving up picks or prospects and it would only be for the remainder of the year

Question: Why does Popovich and Collins get more support for COTY than Thibs? He always seems to be an also-ran in everyone's discussions. I understand we got two months to go and all, but damn the man has transformed our team in conjunction with Rose's rise.

The Spurs are playing much better, but when was the last time they weren't in the playoffs?

Doug got Philly 1 game over .500,but they at the bottom of the playoff list (where we used to be).

I want the Larry O'Brien here more than anything, but it seems, like Rodney dangerfield, we get no respect.

The questions I have are:

Does Butler go in the starting lineup and just replace Bogans, who has been shooting better as of late?

If he allows Brewer to move into the starting lineup, what does the second unit look like with him in there instead of Ronnie?

I think I like the first situation better.

Correction: Butler plans to sign with us...it's not a given yet. But this is a good move. If Butler plays well we get to add another shooter to the rotation and if not, we don't have to play him.

NP, we can continue to do that when yall play MIA or BOS. All bets are off when we come back to the garden April 12th for that W.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

bulls lookin @ eddy curry
laugh.gif

i swear to god, if we do it, im quitting basketball forever
Just a feeling that Eddy probably don't want to come back here. Too much personal drama on the north shore going on for that man lol. Maybe for the minimum, maybe. Nah...Scals!

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

NP, we can continue to do that when yall play MIA or BOS. All bets are off when we come back to the garden April 12th for that W L.
Appreciate the optimism.

regarding eddo, just say hell no

I hate that he blew his opportunity. He could have been an all star with his scoring abilities, but the lack of rebounding and shot blocking just killed him.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

NP, we can continue to do that when yall play MIA or BOS. All bets are off when we come back to the garden April 12th for that W L.
Appreciate the optimism.

LOL...I just hope we're healthy when we meet up. I'm not gonna speak on it til that night.

regarding eddo, just say hell no

I hate that he blew his opportunity. He could have been an all star with his scoring abilities, but the lack of rebounding and shot blocking just killed him.

It'll be interesting to see how this experience with the knicks changes him. Everything I've heard about him behind the scenes makes it seem unlikely.

Talk about wasted talent. Whatever, though. He was rich for a lil bit.

miami schedule over the next 2 weeks is ridiculous ... gotta pass them now and hold on down the stretch for that 2 seed

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

miami schedule over the next 2 weeks is ridiculous ... gotta pass them now and hold on down the stretch for that 2 seed

Um, the 1 seed is entirely possible and I won't be surprised AT ALL if the team grabs it. I would've been shocked at the beginning of the season but now? Hell naw. 
Boston isn't exactly running through the NBA and Miami has been underachieving. 

Great point Crazy...their challenges give us a grand opportunity to steal that#2 spot from them...as we have seen, they will have a tight series with the Knicks, possibly losing

Great point Crazy...their challenges give us a grand opportunity to steal that#2 spot from them...as we have seen, they will have a tight series with the Knicks, possibly losing
we can't afford to drop any games on this road swing either.  We Have the Hawks like 3 times within the next moth. we got a prime opportunity to handle our biz

Beyond Assists: Why Derrick Rose Is A More Efficient Playmaker Than You Think
By Joey Whelan, on February 28th, 2011

Derrick Rose has been called a lot of things this season: MVP candidate, inefficient scorer, the most explosive point guard in the game, an elite floor general who isn’t an elite passer. So when his pass found teammate Luol Deng for the game winning three-pointer last Thursday against the Heat, some may have considered it an aberration. Despite ranking 10th in the NBA in assists per game, Rose’s distribution skills are generally not held in the same regard as the likes of Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul or Steve Nash. Upon closer inspection however, the 22-year-old is remarkably efficient with the assists he does dole out.

HoopData tabulates a statistic called Assist + which is simply assists per game with added weight for assists leading to three-pointers. Rose sees a 13.6% increase in his assist numbers when factoring in three’s, the third highest increase of any player ranking in the top ten in the NBA. Only Raymond Felton (14.4%) and Steve Nash (14.3%) see a greater increase when incorporating the perimeter shooting of teammates.  Yet Rose manages this degree of augmentation playing on a team that is only average when it comes to both three-point shooting efficiency and sheer volume of shots.

Chicago attempts 16.2 three-pointers per game, which puts them in the bottom half of the league at 18th. For perspective, New York (the team Felton has spent the majority of his season with) and Phoenix are among the most trigger-happy perimeter teams in the NBA, shooting 24.8 (2nd) and 22.9 (3rd) three’s per game respectively. Furthermore, the Bulls hit 36.3% of their total shot attempts from beyond the arc, which ranks 12th, while the Suns (37.8%) are 5th and the Knicks (36.4%) sit at 10th. As a whole, Rose ranks 7th in the NBA in three-pointers assisted per game despite running an offense that attempts a low number of perimeter shots and is only an average shooting team from this range. This is despite the fact that the Bulls lack three point shooters at either forward position don’t play a style that encourages a great deal of perimeter shooting. These numbers back up a simple truth that is palpable when watching Chicago play: Rose is one of the best when it comes to getting his teammates excellent looks from three.

With his explosiveness off the dribble, Rose has the ability to penetrate against nearly any defense. This routinely forces opposing defenses to collapse into the lane, but what gets lost in the catalog of floaters and tough lay ups is the excellent court vision he exhibits also in this setting, consistently finding open shooters once he has placed the defense in a position where players have to scramble on a kick out. It should also be noted that opposing defenses tend to collapse so aggressively because of his propensity to look for his shot in this setting. According to Synergy Sports Technology, Rose passes 25% of the time when he isolates with the basketball, which is not a particularly high mark, but consider that when including passes out of this setting as well he produces a scoring efficiency of 1.125 points per possession with an adjusted field goal percentage of 54.3. Not only do these mark rank higher than other elite point guards like Nash, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams and Chris Paul, but also well above other primary scorers including Kobe Bryant, Lebron James and Dirk Nowitzki.

This isn’t simply a matter of Rose capitalizing on his physical gifts though, he is showing the ability to create scoring opportunities without attacking off the dribble. Yes, he’s an excellent isolation scorer, but he is also making the kinds of passes that are vital to his team’s success. Chicago’s personnel doesn’t afford it the luxury of launching contested or even quick catch and shoot threes (save for Kyle Korver), so the Bulls rely on Rose to generate open looks from the perimeter. Regardless of the fact that he hardly fits the stereotype of a traditional pass first point guard, his effectiveness as a distributor is undeniable.

As long as Rose continues to carry Chicago’s offense to the ridiculous degree that he does – he ranks 4th in the NBA in usage – his scoring exploits are almost certain to overshadow his production as a playmaker. Even with that said, it’s easy to argue that Rose may in fact be an even better creator than his base numbers would lead us to believe.

http://hoopspeak.com/2011...laymaker-than-you-think/

There's talk of Corey Brewer getting bought out by the Knicks. I think the Bulls should definitely take a look at him if it happens.

Back
Top Bottom