Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

love the way we fought back tonight.
Rose and Noah were great
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i was very pleased with Asik and JJ
happy.gif

We needed this tonight.  Deng needs to step it up asap

Deng continues to prove to me that he is the most worthless 15+ ppg player in the league. He gets points that would probably be made by role players, not one but several. No wonder no one in the league will trade for him. He does nothing to earn those points; if that makes sense.

I had a good feeling about JJ once I saw how much weight he lost in the offseason. I'm gonna hold back after one game, but that was really nice to see. If he can get a basketball IQ in the double digits that kid can be really really good.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

We Brought Korver in for offense right?...3pts in 21 mins?!?!?

You're sounding like a Knicks fan... relax. It's the 2nd game of the season...
laugh.gif

I need to catch a replay of this. I instead was drinking my sorrows away watching an abysmal Penn State team beat Michigan.

So thats a good excuse for an offensive minded player to score 3pts in 21 mins?...

oh ok...

My notes from being live:

-First half one of the refs must have had money on the game. He was calling everything against the Bulls, and basically giving the Pistons the game. They built a nice lead (I think it was 20 or so points), and you could thank at least half of that on the refs.  I was sitting pretty close to the game, and couldn't believe how he saw anything different for most of the calls he made.

-James Johnson stepped up in those last few minutes. Much props to Thibs for leaving him in even after the couple mistakes he had early. It paid off. I really hope he gets more playing time. JJ gives us the athleticism that is lacking in Deng. As long as he knows his role and doesn't play like Jordan (a few of the plays he had left me pissed.) Also, this guy did a windmill during warm-ups like it was nothing. He has springs in his legs. It came out of nowhere and left me 
embarassed.gif

-Asik stepped up and took some GREAT charge calls. He also had some good boards. He also needs to be in the rotation. More Noah + Asik.

-Noah was Noah. He kept us in the game (if you can all it that) with the points scored and his rebounding. If Noah isn't there in the first half, we're down 30-40. Seriously - I know some of you are mad about his paycheck, but he's been earning every dollar of it. He also had a put back that sealed the game. This is my player of the game - easily. That dunk with all of Detroit around him was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

-Rose was unstoppable... at times in the 4th. Couple missed layups at the end, but Noah and Johnson had his back. He was also driving and dishing at the end, AND getting to the line. So happy to see him go into clutch mode. He's also crazy fast and awesome to see live.

Now for my pictures --- I'm not a professional at all and didn't have time to crop any heads out (i know a lot of the ruined the pictures). Borrowed a friends camera and didn't know how to use it for the life of me. Also didn't take any pictures of the second half (was pissed at that time and his camera wouldn't let you auto focus - was doing manual the whole first half and couldn't enjoy the game). Anyway - hope you enjoy the pics.

FCkRZ.jpg

6TSVU.jpg

a5pqj.jpg

RnN9h.jpg

f27CP.jpg

sBpSv.jpg

ph3LJ.jpg

sKYHM.jpg

iiY0g.jpg

LXCKS.jpg

HlQs7.jpg

h21hT.jpg

duZSD.jpg

PPhw5.jpg

Philly, your pics are killing mine..my only good one is of dat mass in front of me. I was on the opposite end several rows behind the basket.

My main note is just on the energy in the UC. The play had totally sucked the air out of the arena, but all the fans kept trying so hard to get back into it with every score. First half I did believe the refs were on the take. There were a lot of touch calls for the Pistons and BG was murking us.
I know he had been waiting a long time to serve us like that.

Even in the third quarter I could not get hype because we kept giving up points, especially the Villanueva three to end the qtr. I was drinking and eating to deal with the pain of being down 21 in our home opener to the freaking pistons.

I am so impressed with Rose's confidence in his shooting. He shot the three ball well and definitely took the clutch position over. Seeing how he is able to get 40 (shoulda been) all we need is Boozer back and everyone else to step it up. I see why he is now sweating other players coming here, he is our leader, our PTPer.

James Johnson was a central reason for us coming back in the game...the blocks the rebounds, hell he hit the three to tie it up at 86. I don't understand for th life of me why Thibs is so intent on keeping Bogans in there either. I would like to see a lineup and rotation change quick.

pics coming...all three of them

sitting on top for now...
[table][tr][td][table][/table][table][tr][td]2010-11 SCORING LEADERS :   Points Per Game  [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Displaying results 1-50 of 287 found

Results:   1-50  51-100  101-150  151-200  201-250  251-287   Next »

[/td][/tr][tr][td]PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME[/td][td]GP[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]PTS[/td][td]FGM-FGA[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3PM-3PA[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FTM-FTA[/td][td]FT%[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]
Derrick Rose , CHI
[/td][td]2[/td][td]34.7 [/td][td]33.5[/td][td]12.5-29.0 [/td][td].431 [/td][td]1.5-5.5 [/td][td].273 [/td][td]7.0-8.5 [/td][td].824 [/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]
Monta Ellis , GSW
[/td][td]2[/td][td]36.3 [/td][td]30.5[/td][td]12.0-18.0 [/td][td].667 [/td][td]2.0-3.0 [/td][td].667 [/td][td]4.5-6.0 [/td][td].750 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]
Kevin Durant , OKC
[/td][td]2[/td][td]41.1 [/td][td]30.0[/td][td]9.0-24.0 [/td][td].375 [/td][td]1.0-3.5 [/td][td].286 [/td][td]11.0-13.0 [/td][td].846 [/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]
Dirk Nowitzki , DAL
[/td][td]2[/td][td]37.1 [/td][td]27.5[/td][td]11.0-14.0 [/td][td].786 [/td][td].5-.5 [/td][td]1.000 [/td][td]5.0-6.0 [/td][td].833 [/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]
Luis Scola , HOU
[/td][td]3[/td][td]36.1 [/td][td]27.3[/td][td]11.0-19.3 [/td][td].569 [/td][td].0-.0 [/td][td].000 [/td][td]5.3-7.0 [/td][td].762 [/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]
Danny Granger , IND
[/td][td]3[/td][td]37.9 [/td][td]27.0[/td][td]10.0-19.3 [/td][td].517 [/td][td]3.7-8.0 [/td][td].458 [/td][td]3.3-4.7 [/td][td].714 [/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]
Brook Lopez , NJN
[/td][td]2[/td][td]36.5 [/td][td]27.0[/td][td]9.5-18.0 [/td][td].528 [/td][td].0-.0 [/td][td].000 [/td][td]8.0-9.5 [/td][td].842 [/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]
Kobe Bryant , LAL
[/td][td]2[/td][td]35.5 [/td][td]26.0[/td][td]8.5-19.5 [/td][td].436 [/td][td]1.0-4.0 [/td][td].250 [/td][td]8.0-8.5 [/td][td].941 [/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]
Pau Gasol , LAL
[/td][td]2[/td][td]39.8 [/td][td]25.0[/td][td]10.5-20.0 [/td][td].525 [/td][td].0-.0 [/td][td].000 [/td][td]4.0-5.5 [/td][td].727 [/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]
Kevin Martin , HOU
[/td][td]3[/td][td]33.6 [/td][td]25.0[/td][td]6.7-16.3 [/td][td].408 [/td][td]1.7-5.7 [/td][td].294 [/td][td]10.0-10.0 [/td][td]1.000[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-11 REBOUNDING LEADERS :  Rebounds Per Game  [/td][/tr][tr][td]
Displaying results 1-50 of 287 found

Results:   1-50  51-100  101-150  151-200  201-250  251-287   Next »

[/td][/tr][tr][td]PLAYER NAME,TEAM NAME[/td][td]GP[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]OFF[/td][td]ORPG[/td][td]DEF[/td][td]DRPG[/td][td]REB[/td][td]RPG[/td][td]RP40[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]
Joakim Noah , CHI
[/td][td]2[/td][td]39.2 [/td][td]15 [/td][td]7.5 [/td][td]21 [/td][td]10.5 [/td][td]36 [/td][td]18.0 [/td][td]22.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]
Reggie Evans , TOR
[/td][td]2[/td][td]30.2 [/td][td]9 [/td][td]4.5 [/td][td]21 [/td][td]10.5 [/td][td]30 [/td][td]15.0 [/td][td]23.8 [/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]
Luis Scola , HOU
[/td][td]3[/td][td]36.1 [/td][td]12 [/td][td]4.0 [/td][td]30 [/td][td]10.0 [/td][td]42 [/td][td]14.0 [/td][td]18.6 [/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]
David Lee , GSW
[/td][td]2[/td][td]35.1 [/td][td]4 [/td][td]2.0 [/td][td]23 [/td][td]11.5 [/td][td]27 [/td][td]13.5 [/td][td]18.4 [/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]
Lamar Odom , LAL
[/td][td]2[/td][td]36.6 [/td][td]4 [/td][td]2.0 [/td][td]23 [/td][td]11.5 [/td][td]27 [/td][td]13.5 [/td][td]17.7 [/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]
Kevin Love , MIN
[/td][td]3[/td][td]25.1 [/td][td]14 [/td][td]4.7 [/td][td]25 [/td][td]8.3 [/td][td]39 [/td][td]13.0 [/td][td]24.9 [/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]
Shelden Williams , DEN
[/td][td]3[/td][td]28.1 [/td][td]13 [/td][td]4.3 [/td][td]24 [/td][td]8.0 [/td][td]37 [/td][td]12.3 [/td][td]21.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]
* Blake Griffin , LAC
[/td][td]2[/td][td]33.9 [/td][td]15 [/td][td]7.5 [/td][td]9 [/td][td]4.5 [/td][td]24 [/td][td]12.0 [/td][td]17.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Does Deng have an injury we don't know about? he's seriously playing that badly.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

We Brought Korver in for offense right?...3pts in 21 mins?!?!??

Once Boozer come back that should make him better, since he'll have 2 legit offensive players to play off of.

Originally Posted by Lavious

Does Deng have an injury we don't know about? he's seriously playing that badly.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

We Brought Korver in for offense right?...3pts in 21 mins?!?!??
Once Boozer come back that should make him better, since he'll have 2 legit offensive players to play off of.

he better have something wrong with his weak *@+..............& booz will help korver get open more he will space things out better

Korver gotta step it up ... Rose
pimp.gif
... dude gets to the rack so easily ... gotta get the jumper consistent ... dude is a problem

So thats a good excuse for an offensive minded player to score 3pts in 21 mins?...

oh ok...
you have to understand he is the type of shooter that needs the ball at a set time coming off the screen and in a set area if both of them isnt spot on not only will his timing be off but the man guardin him may be back in his face give them some time

oh ok...
Thibb's plays call for the 3 and 2 to do a lot of cutting and moving, and they usually get the ball not at the 3 pt line but closer to the basket.

In Jerry Sloan's offense the offense centers around the pick and roll between the 1 and 4 and then the 2 and 3 spot up at the 3 pt line. 

Korver is being used differently so he needs time to adjust. 

To be fair, Korver is good at making those sharp backcuts (the same thing Rose does) except Korver can't finish at the rim.  He did it twice but couldn't convert because finishing in traffic is not in his skillset.

It was good heart shown coming back, but we must do better...teams like detroit are not supposed to beat us...for us to take the next step, we gotta win those games without all the fanfare, especially this year when we have the most back-to-backs,can't be using all that energy up coming back from the dead against inferior teams...I am looking forward to seeing where we are on Christmas vs the Knicks, by then the team should have been at full strength for close to a month

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

It was good heart shown coming back, but we must do better...teams like detroit are not supposed to beat us...for us to take the next step, we gotta win those games without all the fanfare, especially this year when we have the most back-to-backs,can't be using all that energy up coming back from the dead against inferior teams...I am looking forward to seeing where we are on Christmas vs the Knicks, by then the team should have been at full strength for close to a month

we should be damn near in full stride by that time when we beat the knicks for a 2nd time

i wont get our game vs portland on tv

hopefully someone here will post the stream

Rose is a playmaker at the core blacktop...he been that way since his days at Beasley elementary...the shot is coming along and I am excited by his confidence in pulling it. If we make some noise in the playoffs and he stays consistent, he will be in that top pg discussion.

Rose is a playmaker at the core blacktop...he been that way since his days at Beasley elementary...the shot is coming along and I am excited by his confidence in pulling it. If we make some noise in the playoffs and he stays consistent, he will be in that top pg discussion.

Bogans has to do a decent job on B. Roy tonight or we are in trouble. Rose should light Miller up tonight. Hopefully Deng will wake up

Back
Top Bottom