Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

He froze Rondo with a crossover and zipped to his right, going hard at Nenad Krstic. Rose then split Krstic and Glen Davis for a nifty scoop off the glass.
That was just an appetizer.

With the Bulls up 35-33 midway through the second quarter, Rose got a screen from Boozer and turned the corner on Garnett, releasing a floating runner that banked high off the glass as his momentum carried him out of bounds. You've probably already seen it 100 times on the Internet. If you haven't, take a break and watch it now.

You know what? Just go watch it again anyway. Sometimes there aren't words.

What was he thinking when that shot went in? Was it an homage to Pippen, who got honored at halftime, like his Michael Jordan shrug earlier in the season against the Lakers?

"Luck," Rose said. "A lot of luck. No, I didn't call it. I was just thankful it went in, because Thibs would be highly upset if I didn't make it."

Originally Posted by sthebest

GREAT win tonight! It's a beautiful time to be a Bulls fan
pimp.gif

I swear D. Rose was cross Rondo over like MJ in '96. Dude was looking quite devestated after the game
laugh.gif
 This team is no joke. I really believe we can win it all this year
wink.gif
It is nice that a team that is not the celtics or heat finish first. I think you guys can win it all IF the lakers do not come out from the west.

from http://www.redsarmy.com/h...Voice+Of+Celtics+Fans%29

white mamba speaks

"We've only lost three games since Kendrick got traded. We feel like we have an unbelievable opportunity in front of us. We felt more confident that we have an opportunity."

Pretty amazing that a trade can have that kind of impact for other teams. Scal repeatedly points out how young the Bulls are, and how little playoff experience they have collectively. Seems like this kind of attitude adjustment could go either way -- giving them false confidence so that when the pressure's on, they don't know what to do, or, giving them the appropriate level of confidence to take down the giant.

"This league comes down to two things, offensively and defensively it comes down to pick and roll defense. In my opinion, Kevin and Kendrick were the two best defenders of the pick and roll in the NBA."

He says from watching Jermaine game film, he's a good pick and roll defender, but more importantly, I'm pretty surprised to see him boil success in the league down to a simple two-man game.

Derrick Rose was like "Man, this was big for me. I can get to the basket."

I hope somebody puts this up in KG's locker.

On Shaq: "He's a presence out there. He's size, he's length, he clogs the paint. Whatever Shaq can give them is gonna be big."

Please please please give us something big fella. The names Nenad Krstic and Troy Murphy didn't come up, and with good reason.

On big men: "Doc's gonna use them the right way. If Shaq gives them 15 minutes a game, those are valuable 15 minutes. Anytime you want to talk about minutes, just write the number 96 down, there's 96 minutes at the 4 and the 5 and you divide those up by 4 and go from there. KG can play 36, Baby can play 38, and just subtract from there and those guys can fill those roles. Those other guys just have to fill in the other minutes."

A very sensible point. For all our worrying, most of the minutes are eaten up by those two guys, and if we play a small unit with Green at the 4, that takes even more minutes up. I don't really agree with Scal about Baby being useful for quite that long. I like him better in a more limited role -- but obviously that might not be an option.

On the Celtics: "They're still to me the team that in the East is the most dangerous."

Duh.

On the Bulls: "Very few of our guys have made it out of the first round. Derrick Rose has to see what it's like to win a series. We're not the Celtics of last year where -- we're on every game. We're not turning it on, turning it off, keeping the game close and winning at the end. We're a much different team than that. Every possession is the biggest possession."

He did clarify that he doesn't think this is "lazy" basketball, but it sure sounds like a criticism. Any time you start saying "It's just not the way we do it here," it sure sounds like you think your way is the right way.

He's very complimentary of the Celtics for the most part, and does point out that by being a little inconsistent with the effort throughout the season, it allowed the guys to have more energy by the Finals. Still, kind of a jab, no?

On Doc and Danny: "The one thing you have to learn is just to trust Doc and Danny. They know what they're doing."

We now have three teams in this town that all analysis ends up like this.

On the Heat and Bosh: "He's just a bad fit. He's an isolation player and those two guys [LeBron and Wade] can only do pick and roll."

He went on to note that a guy like Amare Stoudemire or David Lee would have been a better fit because they are so good at rolling to the basket. But what a comment! To come out and say this guy isn't the right fit, when you could easily be meeting them in the playoffs. I know Scal is small potatoes as far as the Heat are concerned, but he's still a member of the Bulls, and they might have to answer for such a comment. If the Heat aren't too busy clubbing to read the papers.

great win last night

defense was great last night

rose can get to the hoop whenever he wants

where finnns @ ???? sayin we cant hang with boston

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

sick.gif
Chicago is no joke. Add a legit big men and this team can be a power house for a long time .
laugh.gif
Ray Allen head is as big as the basketball

what u mean add a legit big man?
indifferent.gif

we already have that

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

great win last night

defense was great last night

rose can get to the hoop whenever he wants

where finnns @ ???? sayin we cant hang with boston
Talk to me in the playoffs. Cavs had the #1 last season and this is like deja vu. But congrats on the W, kicked our !@#$
laugh.gif

^oh best believe we will meet in the playoffs

i wish we could face the knicks in the 1st round

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I told my fam it would be a 10+ killing...the torch has been passed as it was 20 years ago....

CAto312, do you know what the score of that game was?
Ant, I found it.  The Changing of the Guard game was on Feb. 26, 1991...at ol' Chicago Stadium...129 to 99...Bulls. 
Link: http://www.basketball-ref...scores/199102260CHI.html

We lost in 2OT later in the season at Boston, but the earlier game was the statement game.

Just watched the whole game..that 2nd half and Pooh/Deng/Booz/defense
pimp.gif
.  We punched the bully in the mouth last night.  I thought Rondo lost all confidence and Davis looked intimidated by KT.

Originally Posted by CAto312

We punched the bully in the mouth last night.  I thought Rondo lost all confidence and Davis looked intimidated by KT.

ronho looked like he wanted to cry on the bench i wish i had a pic or gif....he really looked like someone slapped him & he couldnt find where they went or a liscense plate #
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^oh best believe we will meet in the playoffs

i wish we could face the knicks in the 1st round

Why?  The Bulls would like for all of their series leading up to the ECF to be as easy as possible and this would NOT be an easy matchup at all for the Bulls.

It's not as bad as Magic's at Staples. At least Pip's resembles him.

The gold-!$$ tone makes it look weird though.

Skip Bayless just hates the Bulls. 

Says the Bulls did what they did last night cuz Celtics mailed it in and was waiting for the playoffs.  And that the Celtics just "let" Rose run a layup drill. 

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Skip Bayless just hates the Bulls. 

Says the Bulls did what they did last night cuz Celtics mailed it in and was waiting for the playoffs.  And that the Celtics just "let" Rose run a layup drill. 

indifferent.gif
Skip always says teams "mailed it in" ,etc when the Bulls whoop that #@#.  He's the polarizing commentator on that show, and his platform is to spew nonsense that sparks debate.  I pay him no mind, just like I do with Cowherd.

Back
Top Bottom