Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Ca might want to edit that man but I agree with you our O was stinking tonight.
Good look Pete...I was surprised it went through.
laugh.gif

Yep...Sunday or Tuesday...gotta win one of the games in MIA.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Did we really shoot 34%??

I actually thought it was lower
laugh.gif

That's what I'm worried about. No one outside of Rose is hitting their shots consistently. They can double and triple Rose because everyone else is basura. We don't need a lights out performance like Game 1 but it would definitely help if we didn't shoot 34%.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Did we really shoot 34%??

I actually thought it was lower
laugh.gif

That's what I'm worried about. No one outside of Rose is hitting their shots consistently. They can double and triple Rose because everyone else is basura. We don't need a lights out performance like Game 1 but it would definitely help if we didn't shoot 34%.
I agree.  Deng and Korver missed a bunch of OPEN...let me re-emphasize...OPEN 3's.  If they hit even half of those then this game could've ended differently. 

Oh, and Rose couldn't hit anything either. 

These two games have been a case of two extremes.  Game 1 we shot lights out from 3 and won...and this game we couldn't hit the side of Navy Pier.  As long as the defense holds up and keeps us in games, we can still take this series.  I really don't think we can shoot worse than tonight....right?
eyes.gif

It's going back to Chicago tied 2-2. Bulls will not shoot that low 2 games in a row. Interesting fact though....Bulls never lost back to back games, and the Heat are undefeated at home so far. Something's gonna give....

We just shot poorly and gave up our advantage on the boards. Mike Miller was big on the boards with 7 off the bench too. We are sure to see a lot of Haslem now. Let's see how Bosh handles the reduced role. He went from 30 to 10 points scored.

Good thing is that after game 3 we will be playing every other again. However, the good thing about this extended break is that it gives the coaching crew time to make adjustments to the gameplan. I hope that we can win game 3...I had earlier anticipated us going down there up 2 and losing G3.

Anyone think we might finally see the lineup with Asik at C and Noah at PF this series? It was so odd seeing them dominate the boards likeso.

The layoff might be a good thing just b/c of Thibs. Still, limiting Miami to 85 and losing by 10?! Damn. What a waste of a great defensive performance. It's not like LeBron was making easy shots either.

Damn.

Ca might want to edit that man but I agree with you our O was stinking tonight.
Good look Pete...I was surprised it went through.
laugh.gif

Yep...Sunday or Tuesday...gotta win one of the games in MIA.

It went through cause you didn't spell it normally lol. I would like to win both down in Mia but I'll take one. I really would like to believe we not going to shoot 34% consistently in this series and stink from the line like that.

We played good defense in spurts. Once again, we reduced them to less in the second half. However, we only won the first quarter. We didn't capitalize when we tied the game up. It couldn't be fatigue seeing how we had two days off in between the games. Whatever it was that led to this poor shooting and that defensive lapse in the fourth, I expect a solution to it by Sunday. Game 3 is much more important now.

Let's go Bullies!

LOL, I was gonna ask you...well now you can join back with the crew. I know you had to be getting tired of Wennington.

Rose is gonna be much better in three and the rest of the team will follow.

The bulls defense was great for most of the game. Those Rose drives and misses led to like 10 consecutive fast break points for the heat. If Rose misses at the rim there is no transition defense.

Too many easy transition buckets for the heat and way too many free throws. Bulls need to stop biting on every pump fake
30t6p3b.gif

But even if the bulls improve in those areas you can bet the refs will control EVERY quarter in favor of the heat just like they did in the second quarter today.

Someone other than deng needs to start hitting those perimeter shots at some point. Korver
eyes.gif

I am confident that Thibs will have this team ready game 3. Made way to many mistakes on offense and shooting 34% from the field is ridiculous. The heat showed up today but i am confident that the bulls will bounce back from this game

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

I am confident that Thibs will have this team ready game 3. Made way to many mistakes on offense and shooting 34% from the field is ridiculous. The heat showed up today but i am confident that the bulls will bounce back from this game

I also agree. Initially I was doubtful that we were gonna win Game 3 but I definitely think we'll end up taking at least one in Miami.
Putting things into perspective, we shot 34%. You're definitely not going to win many games by shooting that much. We were in it for the last 5 minutes and that's when they pulled away. Game 1 the Heat scored 82 while tonight they scored 85. They haven't exactly figured out our defense. They will continue to struggle as long as they continue to run their iso-based offense because that is what Thibs is good at beating. If we made 5 more free throws and 4 or 5 more field goals we would have won. But we didn't. I doubt we're going to shoot this poorly again, and I doubt we're going to shoot lights out like in Game 1. We need to find a consistent scorer outside of Rose (what I've been saying all along) otherwise we're screwed. I think we'll definitely take at least one game in Miami because Thibs always has us twice as prepared after a loss.

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

the bulls shot 37% in first shot attempts in game 1. the bulls can't score on this heat defense unless they get offensive rebounds. they did that in game one and thus was able to shoot 43%. tonight, outside of the first quarter, the heat controlled the boards.

I don't think it will help much but maybe give r.butler some burn see what he can do. Heck he supposed to make some shots so let's see esp if we struggling on O. I don't think it could hurt much.

I think the bulls should do the same thing the heat do on defense which is just clog the paint and let them shoot jumpers. I think they are too concerned about taking away everything and showing too  much respect to the Heat's outside game.

The heat are not a great 3 point shooting team other than James Jones. These dudes are not the mavs. Let them shoot 3s
30t6p3b.gif

I don't think it will help much but maybe give r.butler some burn see what he can do. Heck he supposed to make some shots so let's see esp if we struggling on O. I don't think it could hurt much.

I agree because Korver is not making anything and he's a liability when he doesn't he serves no purpose give Butler some time. 

Originally Posted by Remi23

I agree because Korver is not making anything and he's a liability when he doesn't he serves no purpose give Butler some time. 
I agree with both of you.  Maybe in the next game or two Butler can get a few minutes.  He's the same size as Korver, but maybe a little bit better defensively?  Either way, why not..

Back
Top Bottom