Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by illmatic34

This is what I'd do in the offseason:
-Sign JR Smith. He's a huge risk but he also has the biggest upside of any SG on the market this offseason.

-Sign Delonte West. A hybrid PG/SG that can do everything, he is millions of times better than Watson.

-Get rid of Watson.

-Trade Korver, the 28th pick, and the 30th pick for whatever pick we can get. I'm aiming for something in the top 15.

-Use that pick to draft Marshon Brooks or Jimmer Fredette.

-Trade Boozer for Bargnani. Bargs is soft, but at least he can create his own shot on offense. Besides, when we need interior play, we can just switch him out for Gibson.

-Try to get KT to stay one more season.

Rose/West

Smith/Brewer/Fredette, Brooks, or Burks

Deng/Brewer

Bargs/Gibson

Noah/Asik/Thomas
ManualRam OF real gm
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Great season and great series bulls fans this was not easy at all ... we will be going at for years to come ..
pimp.gif
Well received! We beat yall four straight but yall four straight held more weight. Rivalry has began.

Blame the guys like Noah and Boozer who never learned how to play with each other. Dudes were straight terrible on the floor together.

Man... I hate this feeling
frown.gif

Same feeling I had in 03 with the Cubs, 06-07 With Da Bears, 07 with the Cubs, 08 with the Cubs, 09 with the Blackhawks....and now this
frown.gif

Stay strong though. We will be back next year. Let the Haters Hate..

When Noah and Boozer are 2 of your best 4 players and they are on the bench in the 4th quarter during crunch time, there's something wrong.

I must say that I enjoyed the season. We got to the ECF which I expected us to get to. Unfortunately, the end wasn't as I imagined.

Now I must go get thousands of pennies to pay off bets that I made in error. There is no way I would have expected this as an end to our season. Even if Marty McFly and Doc Brown pulled up in the delorean and said "Ant, the Heat will win four straight against the Bulls in the ECF" I woulda thought I was tweaking. But it is what it is.

So here we go....

I believe we are tied in big with Boozer. His value has really diminshed league wide. I always thought of him as a oft injured all star. You knew he could play, but that usually happens in contract years. I remember seeing how he struggled against the Laker bigs and saw his main flaw. While I dream of a Boozer and etc trade for Howard, I think we better get used to what Boozer will and won't bring. Highly unlikely JR buys him out. He was a good sign seeing how we missed on all of our primary targets. But he will be our part time PF along with Taj for the next several years.

Deng was huge this year. I can't say enough about him. I hate to see that we wasted an injury free year from him. I can only hope and pray that he will not experience any more major injuries for his career.

Yes, we need a 2. I would be willing to take the plunge on JR if he will come here. Maybe we get lucky and find a stud in the draft that will be ready.

Rose was special this year. He has grown every year that he has been here. I think that his will to win will have him back in the gym in the next two weeks.

Go Bulls!

I can understand that, but DAMN that $+%@ hurts!

I am proud of this team for going from 0 series won to two won in a year. Also, we leave the playoffs with a "winning record" of 9-7. I know that last one is a reach but its all I can do to stop from breaking something.

Had fun watching the Bulls...  Yeah your team choked, but don't look at it that way.. look at it that you at least you were competitive with a team that had Bron, Wade, and Bosh.    Reminds me of my young Lakers back in 96-97, when we choked against Utah.  

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

@Gangs

You can't say Noah is untouchable. Hasn't played a fulll season yet.

We can talk all we want about the bulls needing a "lil" help at SG, but you all know that's not the truth. You think Courtney Lee would've changed this series?

We need to get another ALL-STAR to play with our ALL-STAR. We have him surrounding with mediocrity and you see how that went.
UM yea I can.
He hasnt played a whole season sure but you realise he has played out of position his entire career right?
he is because of the lack of Muscle a Power Foward.
He tried putting on Muscle and got the plantar, but even then he couldnt maintain the muscle because he just does too much cardio.
Putting him next to Dwight makes the Bulls the instant Favorite next season
Even without Gibson and Boozer
Trading Boozer, Gibson and Noah for
Bass, Dwight and whatever else garbage Orlando tries to give us ( Redick at that contract we offered and they matched is garbage)
Is not going to change the fact that we go from having very good power fowards to having an undersized non difference making power foward.
Its either Noah or Boozer and not both imo because a deal for Boozer is still out there.
Delonte at the MLE is a good deal imo, you got to check into what Boston did to keep him mentally there though.
Courtney Lee would not have made a difference.
Rudy Fernandez might have, but I feel he has a bunch of upside that is untapped playing in a slow down system not getting consistant minutes.
Thats not as sure a bet as JR Smith could be.
His mental ******ation actually helps him interms of having no fear and he has defensive upside Paxton will never sign him because it will be admiting he made a mistake when he traded him for peanuts.
A new voice, and that locker room will help him imo. Being around YOUNG professionals will help you more so than being around a old guy who isnt really a leader and is overrated as a leader.
I agree about getting rid of Korver's contract though.
5 million is too much for a guy who is a bit player.
Brewer needs more oppertunity and needed more oppertunity. Bottom line is he defends 2 positions and can play 3 if given the confidance and working on playing the point again in spot minutes.
When Brewer came out of school it was known he could play the 1-2 but he couldnt shoot cause of the early arm break. He works hard and doesnt and never has forced shots.
Since its the end of the season Im going to put it on the record as to an end season evaluation. to make it more realistic Im going to act as Tom Thibadeau.
Rose. Your the franchise.  this summer you and Russell Westbrook need to be in LA using everything that the media said about you and working your +@+@% off. But I want you do try and dominate him get into jump shooting contests and kill him and any improvement he might make in that department. Aside from the next 3 weeks I want you to spend with me picking apart both teams offensively and defensively making a diagram of the entire series  Take a month  No commericals, no interviews  physically rest Only person I would talk to is your mom. Make arrangements to come in late with me and avoid distractions. You can shoot for a while til you decide to go to UCLA and workout there.. I was not a fan of you having to tryout for a basketball team this season and play in its games. But being in that situation helped. I want you to work on not just knowing when and where to pass, shoot, cut etc but executing.
Bogans. I was pleased with your performance all year long. Your best suited as the 8th man though.  I used you as a defensive tone setter and  I would bring you back at a  vet min salary type situation. You might have a reduced role but you knowing the offense and team will help you.
Luol. you need a good 2 months of  physical rest 2 weeks of mental rest . Your legs arent an issue anymore but im worried still.
We all know full well that you will litterally eat at the Berto Center, and that you may or may not go play with Britian this summer
Take the time off and go play cause regardless you will be in shape.
Were going to work on ball handling drills
Boozer. It was a rough year. How hard you work will determine how far you go on this team. your going to do what you want and thats fine, but your not being available for the start of the season means that you never really got incoroprated into the offense. John is considering trading you and thats fine, but regardless you have to become a more consistant jump shooter. Your very talented and regardless if your here or not I want you to get better.
Noah  Continue to work on your jump shot take time ( what ever you feel is necessary to heal up and gear up for a new season
Gibson. work with Joakim and our coaching staff. your right there but you have room to get better
Brewer depending upon what happens in free agentcy I want you to know I underutilized you. You have basketball talents I didnt always appripiate. 
Take care of the Thumb and come back next season
Korver. I HATE YOU. YOU cant defend nor make any shots. YOUR DONE AS A BULL
ohwell.gif

Butler. YOUR NOT A WINNING PLAYER. YOUR NOT A GOOD DEFENDER AND ANY ADVANTAGE YOU COULD HAVE PRESENTED WAS NULL WHEN YOU CAME HERE AND COLLECTED A PAY CHECK YOUR DONE AS A BULL
tired.gif

Asik heal up and improve work with Joakim and Gibson ( along with the coaching staff once your cleared.
Thomas please oh please based god Kurt Thomas come back. I might even see if I cant get you a bump in pay
Pargo and Lucas. You were salary cape signings. GO TO HELL
laugh.gif

Unlike all of the other Heat fans who are coming in here and giving you guys a pat on the back, I will NOT! I remember you guys talking all that smack when we lost 3 str8 to you guys in the regular season. I remember you guys posting giff's of bosh selling a foul on boozer. I remember all the talk about how you guys are the best #1 seed in the nba, and how Derrick Rose was going to show Lebron how to win, as the star on the team. All the pics of dunks taj did in game 1.............All that talk to only win 1 game vs the Heat in a best of 7..........smh.

But in all congrats on a great season...

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Unlike all of the other Heat fans who are coming in here and giving you guys a pat on the back, I will NOT! I remember you guys talking all that smack when we lost 3 str8 to you guys in the regular season. I remember you guys posting giff's of bosh selling a foul on boozer. I remember all the talk about how you guys are the best #1 seed in the nba, and how Derrick Rose was going to show Lebron how to win, as the star on the team. All the pics of dunks taj did in game 1.............All that talk to only win 1 game vs the Heat in a best of 7..........smh.

Originally Posted by MzD650

roll.gif

Igot to give it too you, PERFECT EXECUTION!!!

I think some bull fans will remember when I said that they would not get it done at the level they were playing against the Pacers. Rose was struggling even against the Pacers.

Heartbreak does come before championships most of the time. You guys must be feeling like laker fans felt after getting blown out in game 6 of the 2008 finals. The bulls and rose will be hungry next year.

Originally Posted by zack54attack

Like Michael Wilbon said... Heartbreak comes before Championships in the NBA.

As much as it sucks... it needed to happen. You just hope you can get back and go further.

Its too soon for me to give a break down of what I feel needs to happen to make that a reality because the sting is ever present right now, but I'll be back within the next few weeks for one... Thank god for my upcoming wedding & bachelor party being the focus for the last few weeks, didn't allow me to get too high or too low through out this run
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

As much as it sucks... it needed to happen. You just hope you can get back and go further.

Its too soon for me to give a break down of what I feel needs to happen to make that a reality because the sting is ever present right now, but I'll be back within the next few weeks for one... Thank god for my upcoming wedding & bachelor party being the focus for the last few weeks, didn't allow me to get too high or too low through out this run
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Congrats Cake!

We're in the middle of planning ours too, so it's all about perspective right?

Originally Posted by MzD650

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Congrats Cake!

We're in the middle of planning ours too, so it's all about perspective right?

Exactly that **@+ is enough stress... but it'll all come to past next Sunday... then its just trying not to let my Parents drive me over the edge ;lol

I gotta thank God for my daughters...seeing them last night took away some of the pain. Definitely helped me see what is more important. If this had happened a couple of years ago, I woulda been out there reckless last night.

It has been a pleasure sharing this season with all yall Bulls fans. Even when I was missing games at work, I was able to get a feel reading the thread. Let's do it again next year, but let's take it the distance in '12.

I respect Rose for being the leader that he is. He is accountable. I fully expect him to work on his game and come back even better next year. I do see now why so many people said we were too young, that we didn't have the experience. I doubted that at first, but I am a believer now. There were some decisions that may have been different if he had been this far prior to this year.

Although we had some disappearing acts in the playoffs, everyone on this team contributed to this season we enjoyed. Hopefully our FO can bring in the right people to help take us to June.

affalo would be ideal, but he isnt a fa so thats gonna be tough

cant really complain that much about booz and noah as they really didnt have all that much time together, but i did think theyd play somewhat better than that

they really just need an assistant coffee drinker or this will be the road sadly for a few more yrs

Originally Posted by primetime21

Originally Posted by illmatic34

This is what I'd do in the offseason:
-Sign JR Smith. He's a huge risk but he also has the biggest upside of any SG on the market this offseason.

-Sign Delonte West. A hybrid PG/SG that can do everything, he is millions of times better than Watson.

-Get rid of Watson.

-Trade Korver, the 28th pick, and the 30th pick for whatever pick we can get. I'm aiming for something in the top 15.

-Use that pick to draft Marshon Brooks or Jimmer Fredette.

-Trade Boozer for Bargnani. Bargs is soft, but at least he can create his own shot on offense. Besides, when we need interior play, we can just switch him out for Gibson.

-Try to get KT to stay one more season.

Rose/West

Smith/Brewer/Fredette, Brooks, or Burks

Deng/Brewer

Bargs/Gibson

Noah/Asik/Thomas
ManualRam OF real gm
nerd.gif

No. 
laugh.gif

But I do have an account from there. I stole this idea from him.

As a die-hard Bulls fan as a kid, I still love to see the franchise do good and I've gained alot of respect for Rose's game this year.

You guys need to address (as I'm sure you know)

- SG position. Bogans is an 8th man off the bench at best, and Korver is worthless if he shoots like he did in the ECF.
- Boozer. He was very "trick-or-treat" and that's just not good enough when you have no other guys who can create and you're paying over $12mil a year.
- Scoring. You need it. Somewhere. Anywhere. Build around Rose/Noah/Gibson. Ride Deng until the contract is up. Keep Asik. Everything else is expendable. Don't blow up the team, but you are not "1 piece" away.

Back
Top Bottom