Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

im very proud of this team, and we should only build from this

ji have a problem with 25 mill a year boozer/noah on the bench in the last quarter

skys the limit,,,, i see rose winning MVP again, due to him missing free throws,,, he will only work harder

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by PMatic

Wes Matthews.
I'd love to see him throw those 3 goggles up in a Bulls jersey but how would the Bulls attain him?
I don't think the Blazers are making Matthews available, but if the Bulls were so desperate for Matthews.

Korver - Blazers desperately need a shooter to help spread the floor. Part of the reason why they didn't beat the Mavericks.
Asik (or Gibson) - Camby isn't getting any younger and Oden is Oden. It would be very difficult to let either big go.
Draft picks - Not sure the Blazers want picks, but the Bulls have two of them in this draft and own the rights to a future Bobcats' pick.

I'm probably overrating Matthews' worth but he did average nearly 16 PPG on good efficiency and has a good contract.

We need to go after D12

Congrats ca and cake on y'all taking the big step I got another 5years before I do it my self
laugh.gif

Side note what's up with all us having lil girls it's this water man I tell you
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If there's an outside chance we get Dwight I say go for it but while he solves our inconsistent front court problem (see Noah see Boozer) he doesn't solve our floor spacing issues.

It's been a great season and in no way a fail.

Still I feel disappointed right now because I put a lot of time into watchin the Bulls this year (unemployed out of school).

It's sad the Bulls being eliminated frees up a significant amount of my time, I scheduled my nights and days (weekends) around Bulls games lol.

We would risk giving up our depth and taking on bad contracts for Dwight. I'd imagine we would have to give up at least Noah, Boozer, and Gibson. But I would do that trade 101 times out of 100. Rose and Dwight together is unstoppable. Get a SG and another shooter and we're set.

great season we did better then i thought we would. didnt see us winning 62 games and having the best record in the NBA. i figured coach thibus would be a good coach but he was WAY better then i gave him credit for.

offseason moves

-rose better work on a jump shot more
-noah,gibson and asik all need to go houston and learn a offense game from the Dream
-if D12 hits the market ALL EFFORTS need to be made to get him on the team. everyone not named rose can be had for him
-we need a SG that can create his own shot.
Jamal Crawford
Delonte west
JR Smith
Aaron Affalo
Rodney Stucky
Michael Redd
Marco Belinelli
Jrich
Marcus Thornton
CJ waston
Nick Young

those are some of the guys that are FA at SG

-we must get a better back up PG then watson. i mean get someone that brings just scores(nate robinson/JJ bera type player)
-we need a back up for deng

questions

-anyone regret not trading noah for melo when we had the chance?
-If the NBA makes the amnesty clause again like a few years ago do we cut ties with boozer and his bad contract ASAP? IMO it comes down to him or deng to be cut because both contracts suck to much. deng atleast plays D if his offense sucks boozer is useless on both sides.

Trading Noah for Melo wouldn't have been enough to get us by the Heat. 

Out of everybody listed I would only look at JR Smith and Jason Richardson.  We need guys who can create their own shots and have the potential to not be complete peons on the offensive end. 

Out of the 2 JR Smith has the best defensive potential and Thibodeau would be the best one to unlock it. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

great season we did better then i thought we would. didnt see us winning 62 games and having the best record in the NBA. i figured coach thibus would be a good coach but he was WAY better then i gave him credit for.

offseason moves

-rose better work on a jump shot more
-noah,gibson and asik all need to go houston and learn a offense game from the Dream
-if D12 hits the market ALL EFFORTS need to be made to get him on the team. everyone not named rose can be had for him
-we need a SG that can create his own shot.
Jamal Crawford
Delonte west
JR Smith
Aaron Affalo
Rodney Stucky
Michael Redd
Marco Belinelli
Jrich
Marcus Thornton
CJ waston
Nick Young

those are some of the guys that are FA at SG

-we must get a better back up PG then watson. i mean get someone that brings just scores(nate robinson/JJ bera type player)
-we need a back up for deng

questions

-anyone regret not trading noah for melo when we had the chance?
-If the NBA makes the amnesty clause again like a few years ago do we cut ties with boozer and his bad contract ASAP? IMO it comes down to him or deng to be cut because both contracts suck to much. deng atleast plays D if his offense sucks boozer is useless on both sides.

Not for Melo.
The right deal for Dwight I will take though.
Amnesty clause comes around again I would venture to say that Deng has more value than Boozer has in a trade situation, so it HAS to be CARLOS.
Deng is still a more than legit number 3 option Carlos doesnt fit.
Dudes saying where not one move away.
a dynamic scorer who can fit into the team concept puts this team, even with Carlos Boozer over the top.
My off season moves would be looking into getting Dwight.
I think we could get away with bringing in Dwight, Bass  and trading Noah ,Boozer, and prob Gibson. Do want to see that happen? No. Do I think thats one of the only ways we get Dwight? sure.
Rose
Brewer
Deng
Bass
Dwight
Korver
Asik
Bogans
Watson
Thomas
 Thats not ideal, but it might work better in the playoffs.
Dwight without trading Noah is more ideal.
Finding a taker for Korver and Watson's contracts which will suck in the new finances of the NBA will be hard though.
I would be all in for trading the picks and Korver for a top 15 pick.
But does this seem realistic?
Boozer, picks 28 and 30 for a top 5 pick say #4 and a future pick?
I know Boozer is almost as hated as Lebron is in Cleveland but still.
Would a top 5 pick in this years crappy draft be more attractive than Boozer?
Is Noah and the top 5 pick+ maybe a swap of Redick and Korver and future picks on ourside, more attractive?

Already owners of the No. 1 pick in the draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers are trying to sweeten their position by securing the second pick as well, according to league sources.

The Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

Ford: Mock Draft 2.0

With the NBA lottery done and the draft order settled, ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford takes a second look at which prospect will land with which team. Mock 2.0

• Insider : Top prospects | Draft blog

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent. Chicago would be one of the likeliest destinations.

Cleveland nearly traded for Hamilton at the February trade deadline with the intention of buying him out. In that scenario, Hamilton would have signed with Chicago after the buyout. The motivation for Detroit, which has been looking to move Hamilton for years, is mainly financial.

Got this from the magic real gm board
MagicalNBA MagicalNBA
#Orlando_Magic 1 plan leaked : Trade for Batum/Boozer. Sign JR Smith.Cut Arenas (amnesty) Anderson/Jrich/Bass could be
should we do it  
nerd.gif

I'd honestly take Crawford back as a fa don't know bout y'all. Just can't wait wish there wasn't a chance of a lockout to mess the regular off season up.

BigMike, I still don't regret not making that trade. Noah was out a good amount of time, but he still contributed mightily. I just don't know where his game went in this series. He had a few good ones but 5 pts in the last game stings. I don't think Melo would have been the answer when you realize that you lose Deng and Noah for him.

The amnesty is sorta nice, but I don't see JR paying 60 million to say bye. Boozer is who he is. We all knew that when he was signed he would miss alo of games and struggle against taller, long armed players. 5 pts in closeout game is beyond pitiful though. I don't know how much as his injuries and how much was his heart (or lack thereof). So even if there is an amnesty clause, I don't see us using it unless you could totally wipeout the contract.

I like Jamal Crawford too, but I would want a younger JR Swish or Marcus Thorton to grow with the team. We trying to build a dynasty again. JC is 31 while Swish and Thorton are 26 and 24.

I wish I had some say with the Bulls. I would have Noah and Taj either working out with Rose and crew or at the big man camp or at Tim Grovers gyms everyday. We need more offense from them. Noah has to have confidence in that15-17ft jumper. He has to be able to hit it.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

BigMike, I still don't regret not making that trade. Noah was out a good amount of time, but he still contributed mightily. I just don't know where his game went in this series. He had a few good ones but 5 pts in the last game stings. I don't think Melo would have been the answer when you realize that you lose Deng and Noah for him.

The amnesty is sorta nice, but I don't see JR paying 60 million to say bye. Boozer is who he is. We all knew that when he was signed he would miss alo of games and struggle against taller, long armed players. 5 pts in closeout game is beyond pitiful though. I don't know how much as his injuries and how much was his heart (or lack thereof). So even if there is an amnesty clause, I don't see us using it unless you could totally wipeout the contract.

I like Jamal Crawford too, but I would want a younger JR Swish or Marcus Thorton to grow with the team. We trying to build a dynasty again. JC is 31 while Swish and Thorton are 26 and 24.

I wish I had some say with the Bulls. I would have Noah and Taj either working out with Rose and crew or at the big man camp or at Tim Grovers gyms everyday. We need more offense from them. Noah has to have confidence in that15-17ft jumper. He has to be able to hit it.
What contract gets wiped out though. I have to believe that the economic situation makes it necessary for them wiping out one contract.
You really think hes gone carry Deng at 12 a year
Joakim at 10-14 with his 10% raises a year
Boozer at 15 a year
and Rose at whatever the max becomes?
If its a hard cap situation which it will be then the contract that gets wiped is Boozer.

hard cap will suck.

I can't imagine them forcing teams to get under and perhaps allowing them to grandfather in teams that were above. If you believe that might happen you go above and beyond the cap now even if it locks you up for while.

If contracts get wiped can you imagine what happens to the Mavs and Lakers?

To tell the truth, I just dont know what will happen with whoever gets signed or traded for. That's what makes it worse that we blew the opportunity. All we can do is wait and pray that the squad comes back better and stronger.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

To tell the truth, I just dont know what will happen with whoever gets signed or traded for. That's what makes it worse that we blew the opportunity. All we can do is wait and pray that the squad comes back better and stronger.
I was telling my fiancee this during game 1 of the ECF; the way the chips fell it was a great opportunity to win the 'chip this year.  The Lakers and Boston were knocked out, and the Heat weren't yet the team that finished us off in 5.  I was shaking my head at the Mavericks/Heat game last night...

At this point, we'll just have to see what GarPax can do to improve the team.  As much as Booz was a no-show in the playoffs, I'd like to see him and Jo play together one full season (relatively injury-free) before I join the chorus of those wanting to trade Booz/Noah. 

For the SG position, though it's easier said than done, I think management needs to concentrate on a starter/star-level SG rather than an above-average/great role-player type...just my $0.02

saw two articles here (i live in the bay) and they mention ellis for deng (and some other small crap to even it out)

cant help but laugh
and most ppl here (here meaning the bay area) hate deng

comedy in norcal

Originally Posted by grusumm18

saw two articles here (i live in the bay) and they mention ellis for deng (and some other small crap to even it out)

cant help but laugh
and most ppl here hate deng

comedy in norcal
I WOULD NEVERRRRRRRRRR trade deng for Monta! I'd rather trade Noah before i even think about trading deng.

Back
Top Bottom