Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

It's my birthday
pimp.gif

Apparently we're in talks with GS about Monta Ellis. I'd trade him for Deng, but not Noah. You pick up someone like Battier or Prince and that's better than Deng and a FA SG.

Happy Bday Illmatic!

Congrats Cake!

Good luck with that CA!

City, don't forgetabout Noah to the workout list. I hope he takes Kareem up on his offer.

I'm also trying to get into better shape. I feel like I hit my ceiling...so now Im just trying to concentrate on hooping and a lot more cardio...but damn I love food and since I stopped smoking it seems like I'm eating even more.

Have yall been watching the Finals? I'm mad I deleted all the games from my DVR. No I gotta wait til october for my Bulls fix, I just pray there is no lockout

Whats up guys whats up with chi weather this year I have been up there 3 times this past month and everytime I bring clothes looking for those great chi town summers I am used too and its been in the 50's and low 60's and raining, but of course the days that I leave it gets real nice. IE memorial day and today for example

Remy, I'm damn sure Rose and Thibs will be watching tape of this series

UT, the weather is bonkers here, I never know how to go outside

Originally Posted by bonafide101

^They probably are, but they still need the personnel, Dallas sure got some shooters.

Mavs have one superstar..but 2 if not 3 guys that can create....and shooters to boot. A good/superior SG...along with some lessons learned by each Bull and w3'll be good fam....we can compete for the crown next year barring a lockout.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Remy, I'm damn sure Rose and Thibs will be watching tape of this series

UT, the weather is bonkers here, I never know how to go outside

yeah dallas has a bunch of shooters on that team and chicago has none tho

korver is trash

I don't know what happened to Korver, maybe someone nailed his chick....we know he can shoot but he has to be more consistent

I just pray we can get it together because I feel like this team had the ability to win despite the shortcomings on the roster

Originally Posted by illmatic34

It's my birthday
pimp.gif

Apparently we're in talks with GS about Monta Ellis. I'd trade him for Deng, but not Noah. You pick up someone like Battier or Prince and that's better than Deng and a FA SG.

I do n't really want to get rid of Deng, if it came down to it I'd rather have Noah than him though. 
Battier would be cool, how old is he though?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Deng did a lot for us this season... he should've made an all defensive team this year.
30t6p3b.gif

Agreed. He had to be the best defensive guy on the court and then the #2 offensive threat.

Guy played 43 MPG. That is a ton. He did so much for this team.

If the price is right and we can get a very good 2 and then pickup a very good defender at the 3 in FA or a trade, you can trade Deng.

Cant give him away for a sexy name tho. He is way too reliable

Deng is the 2nd best player on a 62 win team, I'm not willing to trade him unless the move CLEARLY makes us better.

What about the talks about Monta Ellis for Deng?? Would you guys be interested in him? I mean he can definitely help you guys in the scoring department and take some pressure off Rose. His lack of a consistent defense is an issue but Thib always finds a way to motivate guys and I'm sure he can work with Ellis on that. 

Originally Posted by cornzilla

What about the talks about Monta Ellis for Deng?? Would you guys be interested in him? I mean he can definitely help you guys in the scoring department and take some pressure off Rose. His lack of a consistent defense is an issue but Thib always finds a way to motivate guys and I'm sure he can work with Ellis on that. 
Monta definitely addresses some of the glaring, obvious needs.  The question would be, if this does start moving forward what pieces do we give up?  Deng was the glue of the team this season, and I was pleasantly surprised he wasn't hurt at all. 

What's your take on Monta...especially on his mindset, etc.

JR Smith has to be the primary focus...

Pros
Age 25
Great Size at 6' 6" 220
Athleticism is through the roof
Shooter
Creates his own shot at that
Can Play Defense against bigger 2's
Has played with a superstar well while not attempting to steal the show
Use to playing 18 to 20 mins taking 10-13 shots so he doesn't have that I want to be the man complex

Cons
He's A Nut Case

I'll Allow It!
laugh.gif

Edit:

Monta definitely addresses some of the glaring, obvious needs.  The question would be, if this does start moving forward what pieces do we give up?  Deng was the glue of the team this season, and I was pleasantly surprised he wasn't hurt at all.  After reading some of the other responses, yeah he may return to his injury-prone self next season so I'd be more willing to part with him.   

Originally Posted by CAto312

Edit:

Monta definitely addresses some of the glaring, obvious needs.  The question would be, if this does start moving forward what pieces do we give up?  Deng was the glue of the team this season, and I was pleasantly surprised he wasn't hurt at all.  After reading some of the other responses, yeah he may return to his injury-prone self next season so I'd be more willing to part with him.   

From what I have read, Ellis wants to stay in the Bay. But he knows that things are changing over there with the warriors. With all the rumors about who to keep him or curry, I think he now know that being traded is inevitable, especially with reports that his agent is working with the warriors front office on finding him the best possible situation.

He wants to go to a team that has a chance to win and his number one choice is the Bulls. Would he fit in on the roster seeing as how him and Rose has such a similar style of play? Who knows, but he said that he couldn't coexist with Curry when he first got drafted and now they are friends and know how to play together so I think it can definitely work.

If Ellis went to Chi, you would be only the second team with 2 top 10 scorers. Talk about a high powered offense to go with your defense.

Back
Top Bottom