Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

BigMike, I agree with your post except the last statement...CJ finally showed why he was signed against the Nuggets. he just has to play in control and without fear of being pulled for the starter. i very much care that an NBA pro doesn't hit at least one of those ft in that scenario.

missed FT happen. i mean deng and Drose have missed clutch FT over the years.

i mean we seen what CJ was about with golden state. with nobody else on the floor that can score he can put up big numbers but he cant play a team game or run the team as a PG.

lucas will be just fine.

Missed FTs do happen, but I just read in the Trib that Lucas hasn't shot an NBA FT since 2007. However, I did like his play back in the summer league and felt he would be a good backup. I'm just pissed because those clutch FTs had a direct connection with the loss. Had he hit just one, we were going to OT.

Amel, we have sucked since '97-'98. It was a winning trip, but I do feel we could have and should have done better.

What do you all think will be our record for December? 16 games

Wed 01 vs Orlando
Fri 03 @ Boston
Sat 04 vs Houston
Mon 06 vs Oklahoma City
Wed 08 @ Cleveland
Fri 10 vs LA Lakers
Sat 11 vs Minnesota
Mon 13 vs Indiana
Wed 15 @ Toronto
Sat 18 vs LA Clippers
Tue 21 vs Philadelphia
Wed 22 @ Washington
Sat 25 @ New York
Sun 26 @ Detroit
Tue 28 vs Milwaukee
Fri 31 vs New Jersey

Missed FTs do happen, but I just read in the Trib that Lucas hasn't shot an NBA FT since 2007. However, I did like his play back in the summer league and felt he would be a good backup. I'm just pissed because those clutch FTs had a direct connection with the loss. Had he hit just one, we were going to OT.

Amel, we have sucked since '97-'98. It was a winning trip, but I do feel we could have and should have done better.

Wed 01 vs Orlando
Fri 03 @ Boston
Sat 04 vs Houston
Mon 06 vs Oklahoma City
Wed 08 @ Cleveland
Fri 10 vs LA Lakers
Sat 11 vs Minnesota
Mon 13 vs Indiana
Wed 15 @ Toronto
Sat 18 vs LA Clippers
Tue 21 vs Philadelphia
Wed 22 @ Washington
Sat 25 @ New York
Sun 26 @ Detroit
Tue 28 vs Milwaukee
Fri 31 vs New Jersey
if the over under is 12... Id take the over! beginning of the month is pretty tough, but the end is pretty easy. I can see us have a big win streak this month, especially after the laker game.

CC I really wanna say 13-3, hell even 14-2..I don't think Booz returning will be a problem like some suggests. He has to fit in, but I don't see it being so detrimental....and also check out first games in January. We are set to break out and enter some contender conversations.

(I posted this on RealGM regarding all star berths)

I say Rose and Noah are locks for LA in Feb,but we gotta see a lot from Booz because he has been out so much.He is not gonna win fan vote and coaches will have to pick him. They might not pick him b/c there are more deserving players that have played more. He would have to really light it up to make up for the games missed IMO.

What about Luol? He is avg 19 and 7, is 5th in scoring for eastern forwards. he trails only LBJ (who will start) amare (who may start) granger and pierce. I don't think it's crazy that we could send 3 to LA.

Originally Posted by amel223

First winning circus trip since like 1997 and this guy thinks it's just ok.  
laugh.gif
I know right? Can't wait for Boozer to come back
pimp.gif

CC I really wanna say 13-3, hell even 14-2..I don't think Booz returning will be a problem like some suggests. He has to fit in, but I don't see it being so detrimental....and also check out first games in January. We are set to break out and enter some contender conversations.

(I posted this on RealGM regarding all star berths)

I say Rose and Noah are locks for LA in Feb,but we gotta see a lot from Booz because he has been out so much.He is not gonna win fan vote and coaches will have to pick him. They might not pick him b/c there are more deserving players that have played more. He would have to really light it up to make up for the games missed IMO.

What about Luol? He is avg 19 and 7, is 5th in scoring for eastern forwards. he trails only LBJ (who will start) amare (who may start) granger and pierce. I don't think it's crazy that we could send 3 to LA.

100% agree with that! I thought we were contenders after the offseason signings. I couldnt understand why people were saying we still werent "there."
Since the signings ive felt like we are a 2-4 seed in the east. This month should really show a lot bulls and how far theyve come. Very exciting!!

well we already are a top 4 seed because we will win the division...division winners are guaranteed 3 of top 4 seeds

Taj has been solid for us, but it will be a thing of beauty when we can dump it down to Booz when the shots aren't falling plus he will put opposing teams frontcourts in foul trouble

IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Wed 01 vs Orlando
Fri 03 @ Boston
Sat 04 vs Houston
Mon 06 vs Oklahoma City
Wed 08 @ Cleveland
Fri 10 vs LA Lakers
Sat 11 vs Minnesota
Mon 13 vs Indiana
Wed 15 @ Toronto
Sat 18 vs LA Clippers
Tue 21 vs Philadelphia
Wed 22 @ Washington
Sat 25 @ New York
Sun 26 @ Detroit
Tue 28 vs Milwaukee
Fri 31 vs New Jersey
Barring injuries and if Booze fits in right away, In my opinion 13 wins, that's if Bulls can pull a W against either Bos, Orl, and OKC
I think 12 is the magic number.
happy.gif

As for my predictions this season, Bulls is a top 4 team in the east heck I even put Chicago above Miami right now...

55 wins is my magic number for them, it's high but attainable, of course barring injuries and depending on whether they'll add a player(s)? on trade deadline.

Rose is 2nd in PPG, and Noah is 2nd in RPG impressive, Gibson is nothing but SOLID down low, Korver, Brewer, Bogans and Bogans are getting there..

D.Rose and Noah will be All-Stars, if Deng continue to put up numbers he'll be an All-Star.

Although Bulls still need a little seasoning, they need to cut down turnovers, right now it's at 15.5

If Bulls continue this kind of play and improve on their TO's, My opinion I can really see them as a Dark Horse bot just in the East but  for an NBA Championship

anything less than 12 wins and Thibs needs to lay off the day offs of practice...this should be a December to Remember @$#! Lexus

Booz practiced today and said he felt good afterward. He's a game time decision for Wednesday. If not back Wednesday he should def be back for the game Friday in Boston

Originally Posted by jmause3

Booz practiced today and said he felt good afterward. He's a game time decision for Wednesday. If not back Wednesday he should def be back for the game Friday in Boston

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how he fits in with the Bulls
pimp.gif

its about time for us to really start kicking +@%...we are going to give teams fits and i really hope he plays wednesday and stays healthy

I do believe we will knock off 2 of the top 4 on the Dec lineup. I really wanna beat ORL b/c they have had our card for the past few years, BOS b/c its BOS and LALb/c we need to show we are for real. OKC would be a quality win as well. we owe them 1 anyway

Reason why orlando "has our card" is cuz their damn center keeps injuring our pg. 

I swear if Dwight does it a third time then he's hurting Rose on purpose.  
frown.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Reason why orlando "has our card" is cuz their damn center keeps injuring our pg. 

I swear if Dwight does it a third time then he's hurting Rose on purpose.  
frown.gif

oh so hes like garnett, pickin on someone smaller than him

yeh Dwight might need his chin checked if he does it again...maybe thats why we have Kurt on the bench, goon in waiting

I am looking forward to tomorrow, I really think Booz will make his debut

yeh Dwight might need his chin checked if he does it again...maybe thats why we have Kurt on the bench, goon in waiting

I am looking forward to tomorrow, I really think Booz will make his debut
I hope Booz can play Wed that 

I'd prefer to see Boozer play this weekend or the 1st game next week. No need to have him rush back in December when you want him & the team to be rolling in the 2nd half of the season.

I really don't see how the Bulls miss a beat adjusting to Booz. I think his game fits in well and he is not a black hole like a few bigs around the league. I think him sitting and watching has given him a good chance to see what Rose, Noah and Deng can do. Also should feel comfortable with Brewer and Korver from Utah. I think it was almost a blessing that he did this but only if he recovers 100%. I just don't want it to be a lingering thing. Maybe they should keep him until the weekend.

Very surprised that they are 9-6 because there were a few sure losses that they stole.

Can't believe they were 4-3 on the circus trip. I thought 2-5 would be solid with the back to back games against some solid teams.

I said if they could be .500 without Booz, they would be a Top 2 team in the East. It looks even better now because the other guys have shown they can play D and shoulder an offense load.

Derrick and Westbrook are the MVPs of the Conferences right now IMO.

Originally Posted by Lavious

No need to have him rush back in December when you want him & the team to be rolling in the 2nd half of the season.

Couldn't agree more.
We need to protect our $80 mill investment. there's no need to rush him back, let him get back to 100%.

Back
Top Bottom