Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I got the seats behind the basket for the home opener. I can't wait til the 30th.
Those are great seats.  I had them about a year ago for a Denver game and loved them.  Enjoy
pimp.gif

There should be a nice giveaway for the opener I think. Da R, were you behind press row, I'm in 117

There should be a nice giveaway for the opener I think. Da R, were you behind press row, I'm in 117

I'm still watching the game and feel even more encouraged by what I see. Asik is blocking shots, JJ making smart plays, Korver got the J and Rose playing agressive and fast. Add in Deng, Boozer and Brewer and we are a deep team that could be playing in June.

yeah they were gettin busy last night & if that d tightens up a lil more we gonna give squads fits this season

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I'm already starting to like Asik a lot, seems like he has a knack for the ball.

him & noah looked real nice & when we get booz & brew back we gonna be even nastier......

THE BULLIES ARE BACK!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

The first time I watched Asik touch the ball for the first time, he had it around the basket.  He didn't bs with the ball and went straight up for the dunk.  He got blocked.  Too slow.  He tried again another time.  Got blocked again. 

When he tried again a third time, I knew that I liked the guy. 

He should be a good player for Thibs.  He just has to get used to the speed of the game, and work on doing what Gasol does and not bring the ball down when he gets it. 

I'm tight this man is not on the team in 2k lol. 

Originally Posted by amel223

The first time I watched Asik touch the ball for the first time, he had it around the basket.  He didn't bs with the ball and went straight up for the dunk.  He got blocked.  Too slow.  He tried again another time.  Got blocked again. 

When he tried again a third time, I knew that I liked the guy. 

He should be a good player for Thibs.  He just has to get used to the speed of the game, and work on doing what Gasol does and not bring the ball down when he gets it. 

I'm tight this man is not on the team in 2k lol. 

yeah im pissed he isnt on 2k11 hopefully when the 1st update hits we will have asik,scal,& JL iii

anyone know when the 1st roster update on 2k11 is?

i need to get my pratice in with asik,jl III,b. scal & kyle weaver.......if i had those 2 bigs now i would be undefeated in my league 1-2.....last minute meltdowns fml

Active Roster

#3 Asik, Omer C 7-0 255
#6 Bogans, Keith GF/SG 6-5 215
#5 Boozer, Carlos FC 6-9 260
#11 Brewer, Ronnie GF/SG 6-7 236
#9 Deng, Luol SF 6-9 220
#22 Gibson, Taj PF 6-9 225
#16 Johnson, James F/PF 6-9 245
#26 Korver, Kyle GF/SF 6-7 212
#15 Lucas, John PG 5-11 165
#13 Noah, Joakim FC/C 6-11 232
#43 Powell, Roger SF 6-6 235
#1 Rose, Derrick PG 6-3 190
#24 Scalabrine, Brian FC 6-9 235
#40 Thomas, Kurt FC/C 6-9 230
#32 Watson, C.J. G/PG 6-2 175
#25 Weaver, Kyle GF 6-6 201

Damn lucas need to hit the weight room hard
roll.gif
@ 165 lbs. that better be a misprint

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 8 hours, 54 minutes ago

NEW YORK – The fans wanted this, the NBA emperor tells everyone. David Stern tosses out some vague claim of market research to demand of his players what the commissioner has never demanded of himself: a control of his temper, the grace to react instantly to the incompetence of his officials with a robotic restraint.

That’s the irony: NBA employees have long described Stern’s private disposition as something that could make Rasheed Wallace(notes) blush with embarrassment. Nevertheless, Stern delivers a desperate mandate that does nothing but try to cover the flaws of his referees and remind the rank-and-file union members they’re ultimately under his control in this labor fight, ultimately at the mercy of his whim.

Just beyond the shadows of the NBA’s Olympic Tower Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden, Boston’s Jermaine O’Neal(notes) drew his second technical in two nights for moderately reacting to a referee’s foul call. Kevin Garnett(notes) was given a technical moments later for trying to show an official how a New York Knicks player had hit him, and was then ejected for laughing over the legitimacy of that tech.

Finally, the Knicks’ Timofey Mozgov(notes) muttered to himself in Russian, and these lost, young referees carrying out orders teed him up, too.

“These new rules are very, very excessive,

Originally Posted by windycity7

anyone know when the 1st roster update on 2k11 is?i need to get my pratice in with asik,jl III,b. scal & kyle weaver.......if i had those 2 bigs now i would be undefeated in my league 1-2.....last minute meltdowns fml
I'm sure it won't be until after the season gets underway.  Teams are still making cuts.

The NBA fans wanted this, Stern says, and all those yes-men surrounding him in midtown Manhattan assuredly gave the commissioner one more standing ovation.

Just understand, David Stern is the max-out NBA star who’d never survive a day on the job with his new rules, who’s asking of his sport something he’d never, ever ask of himself: restraint and grace.

i hope & pray coach thibbs is gettin in the players ears now that this *+# wont happen here....

Thats bull $$%% I didn't care about Sheeds fits, I cared about the game being called correctly. Sterns a dictator %+@!@*% my childhood game up
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The NBA fans wanted this, Stern says, and all those yes-men surrounding him in midtown Manhattan assuredly gave the commissioner one more standing ovation.

Just understand, David Stern is the max-out NBA star who’d never survive a day on the job with his new rules, who’s asking of his sport something he’d never, ever ask of himself: restraint and grace.

i hope & pray coach thibbs is gettin in the players ears now that this *+# wont happen here....

Thats bull $$%% I didn't care about Sheeds fits, I cared about the game being called correctly. Sterns a dictator %+@!@*% my childhood game up
30t6p3b.gif

honestly after the 1st real game this "ner rule" affects the outcome of it will fade away & everything will return to normal....

Remember when Stern said he was gonna fine players for flopping? This technical rule won't be enforced once the season starts.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

hopefully these new rules have the same shelflife as the new ball several years back

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Remember when Stern said he was gonna fine players for flopping? This technical rule won't be enforced once the season starts.

this ___sh wont last 1 week of the reg season.......

I'm growing more enchanted with the team's chances. We are a aolid team without Boozer, one that could make the playoffs IMO. Adding that 20/10 will make us a problem.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/101015&sportCat=nba

6). Love the Rose-Noah-Boozer trio. All three play hard and complement each other. Actually, that's the biggest reason I didn't want Chicago to make a run at Carmelo. On paper, yeah … Carmelo is a better player than Noah. But why break up the Boozer-Noah combo just to get a crunch-time scorer when you already have a creator in Rose? Lose Noah and you're losing a top-3 rebounder/shot-blocker, a total gamer, one of the most unselfish players in the league, and -- most importantly -- someone who allows Boozer to defend the other team's inferior big guy and just worry about scoring and crashing the boards. The dirty little secret of the 2010 Finals was this: Size does matter. When two teams crank up the defense in a Game 7 to "WE ARE TRYING AS HARD AS WE POSSIBLY CAN" heights and the pressure rises accordingly, suddenly it's about protecting the paint, the rim and the boards. That's it. The Celtics couldn't do it. That's why they lost. And that's why they got bigger this summer.

Back to the Bulls: You can't tell me that shaking things up so Carlos Boozer is your No. 1 rim/paint/backboard defender was a smart direction. Especially after we watched what happened with Utah these past few years. You win titles with rebounding and defense, and also with one guy who can create offense when you absolutely need it. Knowing this -- and we know this -- how does it make sense to trade Noah and Deng for Carmelo when you already have Derrick Rose? And by the way, when does Carmelo's NBA résumé of inspiring playoff flameouts start to override his Syracuse title during a horrible college basketball year? Aren't we there? Or close? I like that the Bulls stood pat. Smart move.

I'm a laker fan and all, but the Bulls are my fav. lovable losers... ummeruh... if you guys wanna do the season opener BW3s thing still, or something similar, might you be so kind as to invite your neighbor from Indiana to your wittle pow wow?

Originally Posted by Murda He

I'm a laker fan and all, but the Bulls are my fav. lovable losers... ummeruh... if you guys wanna do the season opener BW3s thing still, or something similar, might you be so kind as to invite your neighbor from Indiana to your wittle pow wow?

we doing the tipoff game vs okc @ hooters on 93 & cicero....tipoof is @ 7pm......c u there murda (no weapons
roll.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom