Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Remi23

We Need a 2 Guard ASAP Bogans is a BUM!
i remember a couple seasons ago he could actually hit open shots, now he cant even do that.
30t6p3b.gif

Dude just missed 3 straight open shots not even close
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

I don't see the point of getting a two guard if it leaves our front court without Taj.

Asik is nice and developing, but I can let him go with the pick and JJ for Mayo. What happened to all the Rudy out of portland talk?

Man can catch fire from three and would look nice. Plus he has length. My problem with Mayo is he lacks some size, which may be why many question his D.

Iggy still not available either?
If you are trading Taj you are most likely getting Darrell Arthur back in the deal...
no thanks then.

Taj is a worker man, that's a real role player right there.

Darrel Arthur > Taj and hes only 22. Taj's real advantage is with his defense and that can be taught with Thibs and age. hes young as heck and would help just as much.
You mean the guy that was setting off fire alarms smoking weed at 2 am during the NBA draft camp? no thanks.

Look at what Taj is doing without a jumper. If he can develop some kind of outside game
pimp.gif

I guess my bigger issue with the deal is Mayo. He's still only a 6'4 guard who isn't known for his defense or 3 point shooting and in reality that is what we need. His height may be why he has some short comings on defense too. Why can't we just trade back for Kirk? Lol.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by Remi23

We Need a 2 Guard ASAP Bogans is a BUM!
i remember a couple seasons ago he could actually hit open shots, now he cant even do that.
30t6p3b.gif

Dude just missed 3 straight open shots not even close
indifferent.gif
Yeah I Know WIDE Open i don't know why the FO didn't go after Morrow or Raja Bell

Z got traded then waived and Cleveland claimed him off waivers and joined the team a month later. Stackhouse did the same thing in Dallas. That's why it worked.

I think most of us have taken Luol for granted. Dude has been playing pretty well for us this season, give or take a couple of outings. That 3 ball has looked good this year.

Just got back from getting my free Big Macs !!! The UC was fun tonight. Came out a bit lackadaisical, but the third qrtr. was ours. Good solid win. And I cant tell you how awesome it was when Lu hit that last FT!!

Another "Ugly" win..
smile.gif

Well a W is a W... But this is what I'm really scared of with this team, they just can't pull away early in the game..

Plus, Teams are starting to learn how to defend dem Bulls.. Some might say "They don't have Noah!" With or Without Noah, Bulls should pull away and establish tempo early.

Good thing Bulls still have a "Easy" schedule, I really wanna see how would they fair against "Top" teams, Next Week?
happy.gif

we gotta start pushing the ball more and getting Derrick in the open court because teams are starting to play him better in the half court

I'm still not worried about the Bulls.

I know they're capable of taking the lead early, they just don't ...
laugh.gif

Looking at the Central, is there any reason the Bulls shouldn't go 16-0??? So weak.

I will take any W while Jo is out. I just hope that was the last extended injury for this team. Need them all healthy come April and starting to hit their stride.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Looking at the Central, is there any reason the Bulls shouldn't go 16-0??? So weak.

I will take any W while Jo is out. I just hope that was the last extended injury for this team. Need them all healthy come April and starting to hit their stride.
thats the most important thing right now! As long as we keep winning without JO im happy. I dont care how we win as long as we win. Rose, Boozer and Deng have stepped up play BIG TIME since Jo's injury.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Deng as the third option is so dangerous. I love how he can just sit back and take them when he can get them.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Deng as the third option is so dangerous. I love how he can just sit back and take them when he can get them.
It's the perfect situation for him. Plus.... His Defense has been VERY GOOD this season. If hes not hitting his shots, hes busting his *** on D.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I think most of us have taken Luol for granted. Dude has been playing pretty well for us this season, give or take a couple of outings. That 3 ball has looked good this year.

Let's not get carried away he is now just not playing like most thought/hoped he would years ago

BULLS LOOKING AT TRADING FOR CASSPI...

DeMarcus Cousins isn't the only young Sacramento King generating trade interest.

Stein Line HQ favorite Omri Casspi is also the subject of trade calls Sacramento is fielding, sources close to the situation say.

The major difference, of course, is that Cousins has been deemed an untouchable by the Kings while Casspi – depending on the quality of the offers – is a legit candidate to be moved before the Feb. 24 trading deadline.

Among the teams that have registered interest in the NBA’s first-ever Israeli: Chicago and New York.

The Bulls, in particular, like Casspi not only for his ability to shoot but also his experience in pressure situations after playing at the highest levels of the Euroleague with Maccabi Tel-Aviv as well as his defensive potential, believing that the energetic swingman would develop nicely on D under the guidance of Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau. The bonus: Casspi is shooting 40 percent from 3-point range this season – up from 36.9 percent as a rookie – to further squelch his pre-draft rep as a non-shooter.

Yet there are obstacles for interested parties. Casspi is also a favorite of Kings co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof. Sources say Sacramento, furthermore, would likely insist on attaching a long-term contract from the Kings' roster (such as Francisco Garcia's) for the right to acquire Casspi, who’s earning a bargain $1.25 million this season. That could dissuade both the Bulls and the Knicks, with New York especially mindful of preserving salary-cap space for the summer.

It’s likewise true, from the Bulls’ perspective, that Casspi would give them another shooter but can’t really be classified as a shooting guard, which is the position Chicago has been openly looking to upgrade with Ronnie Brewer and Keith Bogans as its current primary options.

The Chicago Tribune reported earlier this week that the Bulls have also expressed interested in Rockets guard Courtney Lee, who earns a similar salary ($1.35 million) to Casspi's. The shooting guards previously linked with Chicago – Denver’s J.R. Smith ($6.8 million), Charlotte’s Stephen Jackson (in the first season of a three-year, $28 million extension) and Memphis’ O.J. Mayo ($4.5 million) – have all been all pricier.

Sources say Kings forward Carl Landry, meanwhile, is “highly unlikely

Back
Top Bottom