Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

I wonder if Boozer is worth anything....

What's your beef with Booz? He put up 31 and 13 last night and you're complaining?
Game was definitely a fluke, but seeing Bogans getting consistently torched by Jodie made me extremely frustrated. Son was on his UK tear. I understand Thibs needs to make his presence felt in the locker room for being a rookie head coach, but you gotta take the L sometime and change up the lineup. Brewer starting and Kyle needs to be the first one off the bench. Leave Keith on the bench as the human victory cigar with Scal.

Yes, Thibs gotta stop being so damn stubborn! Bogans to the bench. Let Korver back up Brewer. This has been so frustrating with them playing lackluster vs sub 500 teams and then having to pull off comebacks against everyone in the league. It reminds me of the days of Vinny!

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Pooh finally getting some calls to get to the line. Drawing a lot of fouls tonight.
Yup.
Hope everyone that says he doesn't drive is watching this game.

Good win, i want to see Watson and Brewer get some of Bogans/Korvers minutes. Watson has been playing very well lately and Brewer is getting better each game

Drose with only 2 assists tonight?!  
mad.gif

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
  boy was cooking tonight

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

do yall be goin into the knicks thread when they lose like they come in when we lose?

nah let them enjoy it, they havent been relevant before this year since '99

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's annoying seeing these idiots coming in here talking out they @$z

It's been said before in this thread too many times, but we either play up to or down to our competition.
Good win tonight.

Great game tonight. Wasn't a must win, but very important nevertheless . Booz and Rose did their thang.

I disagree, we had to win this game...didn't need to go into a tailspin with a 3 game losing streak.

19FTA for Rose is excellent, we need this officiating crew every night...if he could get half that on a nightly basis, he'd really be cooking!

interesting article about derrick rose and his free throw shooting:

[h3]Rose finally gets to line, makes Celts pay[/h3]
January, 8, 2011
Jan 8

11:27

PM CT

By Nick Friedell

CHICAGO -- No matter what Derrick Rose did on the floor, no matter how many commercials he made, no matter how hard he worked, or how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to earn the elusive signal that any NBA superstar will tell you is critical for success in the league.

No matter how many times Rose found himself sprawled out on the floor after a drive to the hoop, he could not get a whistle from the officials.

So he decided to do something about it. He didn't complain, as so many of his colleagues have been known to do over the years. (Although, he is starting to have more of a running dialogue with the men and women in stripes). He didn't exaggerate the contact, as so many others have also done, to sell his case.

Instead, Rose sat in front of a television and watched replays of himself. He watched and tried to find ways to improve his chances of finally getting consistent calls. Over the past few days, Rose sat in front of that screen and picked up something he had never realized before.

"I think I'm learning how to get fouled," Rose said after the Chicago Bulls’ 90-79 win over the Boston Celtics, in which he dropped 36 points. "Where instead of me taking off pretty far, I'm finding the extra dribble and going into their body."

Rose realized he’d been taking off too far from the rim and was still shying away from contact at times. After Saturday night's performance, in which he set career highs for made free throws (15) and attempts (19), it seems as if he's finally figured out what it takes to get on the officials' good side. He knows an ability to continuously get to the charity stripe is going to help himself and his team in the long run.

"That was the biggest thing," he said. "Where if they're making runs and you want to stop the game, you can easily go and try to get fouled so it can stop them. And you can really talk to your teammates and get everything going again."

After two lackadaisical performances this past week, Rose and his teammates definitely got things going against the Celtics. They played with the type of energy that Tom Thibodeau has been searching for.

"It is a good sign," Thibodeau said of Rose's night at the line. "I thought he was in attack mode tonight. I think when he drives it that hard he's going to get calls. He needs to continue to do that."

Rose's teammates knew it was just a matter of time before those calls started to come his way.

"He got the calls tonight," Bulls forward Carlos Boozer said. "He attacked. He took on the challenge of going against [Rajon] Rondo. He loves challenges like that. For us, it was great to watch. He was aggressive all night long, got to the line, and the refs were giving him the calls. He attacks like that every night. You see him every night just like I see him every night and we saw the same Derrick Rose. It's just tonight he got the calls and went to the free throw line."

Without question, Rose was the difference on Saturday night -- and everyone knew it.

"Rose dominated the game," Celtics head coach Doc Rivers said. "He controlled the whole pace, he controlled the whole game, but that's how they play."

When a reporter joked that people may feel that Rose will get too many calls now, Rose didn't laugh.

"I deserve it," the Bulls' star said. "[Shoot], I deserve it."

-----

Let's hope this translates to more free throws in the future. 

LOL, its a long line in front of you...hopefully Rose's new discovery will make up for the non-shooting guard that is Bogans

Pooh played a damn good game sans the 2 helpers... but I'll take that W in light of those...

If only we hadn't sat on our hands in NJ & Philly
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Remi23

Boozer "Give Me That !$!$!!!" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

mustve been talking abt his dub/dub
/i know he wasnt

//him and noah are gonna be fun to listen to in a few weeks