Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

I was on the score earlier and Jason Goff had reported that some sources say the Bulls are interested in Tony Allen or Anthony Parker.

I for one love the Anthony Parker idea. The guy makes 3 mil, shoots a decent 3 ball and is long enough to cover up his lack of athleticism on D. I really hope they can work something out there.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I was on the score earlier and Jason Goff had reported that some sources say the Bulls are interested in Tony Allen or Anthony Parker.

I for one love the Anthony Parker idea. The guy makes 3 mil, shoots a decent 3 ball and is long enough to cover up his lack of athleticism on D. I really hope they can work something out there.

I hate Anthony Parker as much as I hate Bogans. Seeing him in the playoffs last year just made not want that guy here. And as for Tony Allen, do mogs still want him dead in the Chi? Can't imagine he'd get traded here. Just start Brewer and have Kyle as the 6th. It's that simple Thibs.

Redd is someone to look into. If we can sign him to a cheap contact go for it. He's too injury prone to be offered anything higher than the MLE. And that's being generous.

Smith also seems like a good fit but I'm not sure Gar/Pax are willing to deal with his character issues.

Stephen Jackson would be a GREAT addition to the team but he's getting up there in age and we need someone to groom with Deng/Noah/Rose.

I still want Mayo...but that's a longshot.

As long as we remove Keith Bogans from the Bulls permanently then I'll be content with whoever starts at SG.

Why dont the bulls go after Reddick? The magic have wayyyy too many guys at that position at this point. They might be willing to part ways. We did go after him pretty hard in the offseason.
IF we could have this starting 5

Rose
Reddick
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Id be very happy with that. You can never go wrong with 3 dukies in your starting 5 (im gonna get killed for that comment)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Why dont the bulls go after Reddick? The magic have wayyyy too many guys at that position at this point. They might be willing to part ways. We did go after him pretty hard in the offseason.

Rose
Reddick
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Id be very happy with that. You can never go wrong with 3 dukies in your starting 5 (im gonna get killed for that comment)
laugh.gif
You must've have not been following the off season moves did they go after JJ they gave him a offer sheet but the magic decided to match it so that's why he's not here.

Originally Posted by jmause3

bulls lose, duke lose.... terrible F****** night for me!
i feel the same way
30t6p3b.gif

Add in my cousin losing to Kansas by 5 and yea I'm in that group
30t6p3b.gif

out of all of those guys I'd want J.R or Mally... Maybe Brewer

Originally Posted by Remi23

Rose
Reddick
Deng
Boozer
Noah

laugh.gif
You must've have not been following the off season moves did they go after JJ they gave him a offer sheet but the magic decided to match it so that's why he's not here.

They pretty much have a logjam at that position now... Reddick, J richardson, Q richardson, Arenas, Turk (i know hes a 3,but he plays like a 2)

i was searching around realgm

apparently the knicks fans have some deal with the bulls about all star voting. for the last couple of weeks knicks fans been voting for rose and bulls fans been voting for amare. pretty funny. i guess it worked because now rose is above rondo and amare is above garnett

Originally Posted by DubA169

apparently the knicks fans have some deal with the bulls about all star voting. for the last couple of weeks knicks fans been voting for rose and bulls fans been voting for amare. pretty funny. i guess it worked because now rose is above rondo and amare is above garnett

For a greater good, @$+$!#+ over Boston 
laugh.gif

Rose
Reddick
Deng
Boozer
Noah

laugh.gif

They pretty much have a logjam at that position now... Reddick, J richardson, Q richardson, Arenas, Turk (i know hes a 3,but he plays like a 2)

Since we signed him to an offer sheet we cant even try and trade for him till next year...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Rose
Reddick
Deng
Boozer
Noah

laugh.gif

Since we signed him to an offer sheet we cant even try and trade for him till next year...
mad.gif

Well that's really f******* annoying!! I did not know that! JR smith it is. Even though he's a wackjob, but at least his contract is up after this season.

Thats interesting. I've been voting for the two of them genuinely because I believe they both deserve to start anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Thats interesting. I've been voting for the two of them genuinely because I believe they both deserve to start anyway
laugh.gif

*+#$ that.
128890-114201170931pm.png

Put Asik as the write in vote too 
laugh.gif

If we can't go for a better 2 then I think we should at least we should make an attempt at a versatile 3/4 guy.  One pattern I am noticing is that we lose to teams that are capable of putting a more mobile lineup out there.  The biggest culprit so far have been the knicks and to a lesser extent other teams.  Charlotte just did it to us. 

When teams go small, six things happen:

Taj and Booz get into foul trouble

Asik gets very little time on the court

Our defense is stretched; opening up driving lanes

Our rebounding, which is the edge we usually have on most teams, gets taken away

We give up more points than we normally do.  Opponent field goal percentage goes up.  Points in the paint goes up. 

It's part of the reason why Luol plays so many minutes he's the only one that can play 4 if opponents go small and he already starts at 3.  Someone mobile like Luol, but hopefully a little bigger, would be a great addition to the squad. 

Originally Posted by amel223

It's part of the reason why Luol plays so many minutes he's the only one that can play 4 if opponents go small and he already starts at 3.  Someone mobile like Luol, but hopefully a little bigger, would be a great addition to the squad. 

thats the thing im worried about, if Miami goes small and puts Bron at the 4 we are gonna be screwed.  Booz doesn't give us enough of a defensive presence and he would be too slow at the 4.  We just need another 2 guard in the worst way
ohwell.gif

thats the thing im worried about, if Miami goes small and puts Bron at the 4 we are gonna be screwed.  Booz doesn't give us enough of a defensive presence and he would be too slow at the 4.  We just need another 2 guard in the worst way
ohwell.gif
Yeah you would think the FO should know this, this position has been our problem over the years

Yea Miami will def be another difficult matchup. 

Lu's gunna have to play damn near the whole game lol. 

even though hes been playing a ton of minutes his Defensive intensity has not let up.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Hes shutting down grainger right now. held him to 2-11 and blocked his shot twice.

Luol is having an off night offensively, but I love watching him on the defensive end. Nice to see the bench show a pulse tonight too.

good win tonight
pimp.gif

i love what Deng is giving us, but he is playing way too many minutes. he cant be playing 46 minutes a game i know Thibs doesn't trust JJ but hes going to have to start buying some minutes with him. Lu is too injury prone for all the minutes hes been getting.

Enough of my complaining, good win and lets get ready for tomorrow

good win tonight
pimp.gif

i love what Deng is giving us, but he is playing way too many minutes. he cant be playing 46 minutes a game i know Thibs doesn't trust JJ but hes going to have to start buying some minutes with him. Lu is too injury prone for all the minutes hes been getting.

Enough of my complaining, good win and lets get ready for tomorrow

yeah man dengs been playing wayyyy too many minutes... JJ scares the bejesus out of me, but i think he can do no harm getting 8-10 minutes a night. Against charlotte... Lu comes out of the game, didnt even have a chance to put his shirt on and he was right back in the game, LITERALLY!!!

Overall great win. I cant wait til tomorrow. Hope we win
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom