OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS V LA LAKERS 2/8/09 GAME THREAD! Vol: 23 V 24

my boy txted me the results while I was at wrk, heard LO went wild any truth to that?
nerd.gif

roll.gif

^^^ Kobe needs a black belt for that round house he gave Mo

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

my boy txted me the results while I was at wrk, heard LO went wild any truth to that?
nerd.gif
Yep, he had an out of body experience today, 15 and 10 in the 3rd quarter alone
eek.gif
He was definitely the player of the game. 28 pts and 17 rebtotal. KG done awoken LO's animality (word to Mortal Kombat) "The Goods"

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

nerd.gif
Yep, he had an out of body experience today, 15 and 10 in the 3rd quarter alone
eek.gif
He was definitely the player of the game. 28 pts and 17 reb total. KG done awoken LO's animality (word to Mortal Kombat) "The Goods"

laugh.gif

Bout time, hopefully he can ball like that the rest of the season but 28 and 17 against cleveland in cleveland
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and all he has to do is drive and kick it out to Wally, Z, Mo, or any of the other jump shooters and that's 10 assists a game EASY.

Wow @ the sheer ignorance of this comment. In the 80s, all Magic had to do is run the floor, dish it to a cutting great scorer like Worthy, Scott or Kareem andthat's 15 assists a game EASY. I mean, anyone can do that, right?

Anyway, Bron didn't always have all these jump shooters and he still averaged 7+ dimes a game. And he doesn't just dish to jumpshooters. Today he hadtwo great passes to Ben Wallace who was right under the basket for the dunk, but he somehow missed both dunks.

It was clear that Kobe was a little afraid to have full competition against LBJ, he claimed to have FLU-LIKE SYMPTOM.
laugh.gif

Kobe is an emotional person. (yea, we all know that)
But, dude was REALLY NERVOUS!

TRUTH IS TRUTH.

FACE IT KOBE, you were nervous.
Don't hide it.

oh yeah, about that 1grand, i can make it more next time. i mean lbj outscored kobe like 99% of the time. kobe already got me some cash
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

No doubt.
Going 4-0 against the best teams in the East IS something to celebrate over.

but again, the only month that REALLY matters is June.
I agree with you SoHi.

Boston is still the team to beat.
I disagree.

All Lakeshow bias aside (I'm a HUGE Laker fan admittedly), I still don't think the Celts were the best team last year, let alone this year. IMO, the Celts of yesteryear were a great team,but spent the majority of the season thrashing an under-talented eastern conference and padding that W column. When the playoffs came, they nearly fell toAtlanta..... Atlanta...think about that. And by the time they faced a truly worthy adversary in the fiinals (becauseface it, after the Gasol trade jack move, that left 2 real teams in the league), they did so against adepleted roster. I think at full strength, both the Lakers and/or the Rockets would have been better teams last year.

Fast forward to this year...

The Lakers have beat a more cohesive Celtics team twice. On top of that, Rondo, Perkins, and Powe have all playedbetter this year IMO, which has strengthened the Celtics to where it's not just "The Big 3 and Nem"anymore. Then the Lakers beat a STEAMING hot Lebron and his Cavs without Drew, and Kobe was sick with the flu/ suffering fromflu-like symptoms.

To add to that fact, Even with Drew out, the Lakers have a legitimate rotation with about 8 or 9 startercaliber players.

From the top down:

• Gasol
  • Odom
  • Ariza
  • Bryant
  • Fish
  • Farmer
  • Vujacic (You can't tell me he couldn't start in Orlando.. or a lot of other place really)
  • Walton
On top of a roster that stacked, they have one of the best coaches in basketball history at the helm. It's like the Yankees decided to playbasketball, really
grin.gif
. But I'm not gonna get ahead of myself and crown those boys just yet. I just wanted to get that out there right fast. ThisLaker's team is the best team top to bottom that a Young 20 year old guy like myself has ever seen. Theremay be better 1-2 punches, but I've never seen a 10 hit combo this strong before. Even when they don't play well or with all of their players, theywin.

It was clear that Kobe was a little afraid to have full competition against LBJ, he claimed to have FLU-LIKE SYMPTOM.
laugh.gif

tired.gif
That's lame bro... real lame...

Once again with no bias, Kobe was clearly sick as a dog out there. He still played VERY solid andsecured a W against a perfectly healthy Cavs roster on their home floor when no other player/team had done so this season....but he was not himself. Helooked like he was ready to collapse
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Shpat

Prettyplaya, u got the flue doggie?
i think he's even more mad since it's been raining and continues to rain over his head after this game.

http://niketalk.com/topic/150889?page=1http://niketalk.com/topic/150889?page=1

[table][tr][td] [h3]Raining in Southern California For the LOSE[/h3] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Lead[/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Registered Member

02/08/09 2:27 AM
[/td] [td]
Tags : None

I was trying to have good time in Century city, but man. Why is it so rainy these days?

Not a good look.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

laugh.gif

Kobe is an emotional person. (yea, we all know that)
But, dude was REALLY NERVOUS!

TRUTH IS TRUTH.

FACE IT KOBE, you were nervous.
Don't hide it.

oh yeah, about that 1grand, i can make it more next time. i mean lbj outscored kobe like 99% of the time. kobe already got me some cash
pimp.gif
i didn't understand what you were trying to get across. making your text bigger didn't help.

"Raining in Southern California For the LOSE"
yes king crab and the cavs did LOSE.. or loss?????

Good win . Like predicted, the haters come out with jealousy and dumb excuses. Cleveland , Ohio ?
sick.gif
Suck to live in Ohio

I tried my best to avoid this thread because of all the LBJ>Kobe/Kobe>LBJ talk. but i can now say the Lakers > eastern conference ,but so are thespurs. IMO, this solidifies the strength of the western conference. Even after it appeared the upper hand shifted slightly more in favor of the east. I thinkeither the spurs or the lakers are gonna win the chip, but if the teams played now, it would clearly be the spurs. the lakers have some work to do if they wantto win the 09 chip.

Back
Top Bottom