OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS V LA LAKERS 2/8/09 GAME THREAD! Vol: 23 V 24

Zeus23 wrote:
Originally Posted by OWL TROUTWIG

Originally Posted by knightngale

I expect the usual bogus calls going the cavs ways as it has been customary the last 4 years
Nice preventative measure in case the Lakers lose
laugh.gif

It's True... Everytime L.A is in Cleveland it's some BS

Just because the refs let the teams play it out doesnt there�biased. there were plenty of the calls Lebron didnt get as well in that game. and�LO has�to workfor� calls that was a good no call in that vid he intiated the contact w/ Z
��

Everytime I see that and other vids like that on Lakers/Cavs in Cleveland, I just shake my head. We're definitely going to be battling 5 on 8 tomorrow, butI think we can overcome it this time.

Like the Cavs wern't playing 5 on 8 in LA
roll.gif

Laker fans....HILARIOUS....

Anyone see the Boston game?

Oh, just checking...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ Phil working the refs for a mid-season game...

BOSTON - The Lakers are spending their third consecutive night in Boston before heading over to Cleveland on Saturday, but Phil Jackson was already preparing - at least for purposes of public consumption - some notions when it comes to LeBron James.

Speaking about James' home-court advantage with the fans (and then the referees) in Cleveland, Jackson said: "They all wear No. 23 and help him throw that (expletive) up in the air when he's at the scorer's desk. He gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court."

And I thought I should've made my needling of James' icky chalk-dust tradition at the scorer's table more light-hearted!

The Cavs are 23-0 and with No. 23's help at Quicken Loans Arena this season. The Lakers had the game there in hand last season before blowing it down the stretch in an ending that in hindsight suggested they might lack the level of dominance on the road necessary for what they faced in Boston.

laugh.gif
Shook ones.

The NBA refs do suck.

Sure LeBron may get a call when he's barely touched, but then won't get a call when his headband goes into the 3rd row.

Inconsistent

laugh.gif
@ Phil though.

Son is bracing for the L like Laker fans on this board.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Like the Cavs wern't playing 5 on 8 in LA
roll.gif

Laker fans....HILARIOUS....

Anyone see the Boston game?

Oh, just checking...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ Phil working the refs for a mid-season game...

BOSTON - The Lakers are spending their third consecutive night in Boston before heading over to Cleveland on Saturday, but Phil Jackson was already preparing - at least for purposes of public consumption - some notions when it comes to LeBron James.

Speaking about James' home-court advantage with the fans (and then the referees) in Cleveland, Jackson said: "They all wear No. 23 and help him throw that (expletive) up in the air when he's at the scorer's desk. He gets away with murder, on top of it, on his home court."

And I thought I should've made my needling of James' icky chalk-dust tradition at the scorer's table more light-hearted!

The Cavs are 23-0 and with No. 23's help at Quicken Loans Arena this season. The Lakers had the game there in hand last season before blowing it down the stretch in an ending that in hindsight suggested they might lack the level of dominance on the road necessary for what they faced in Boston.

laugh.gif
Shook ones.

The NBA refs do suck.

Sure LeBron may get a call when he's barely touched, but then won't get a call when his headband goes into the 3rd row.

Inconsistent

laugh.gif
@ Phil though.

Son is bracing for the L like Laker fans on this board.
lol

Ya know it dawned on me finally, I usually only record playoff games, or finals games over the years.

I have very few regular season games, other then ones I bought after the fact, like the 81 or whatever.

But I will be recording tomorrow's game.
pimp.gif

I realized, you never know how many games of these two in their primes we'll get to see against each other, so i should start to get as many of them as Ican. I'm tired of just watching youtube clips that don't show the whole picture of how a game went.

I wish I woulda thought of that when the first game was played, but oh well.

I'm gone til monday morning, good game everyone, try to let NT live so i can be here Monday and not see that stupid magician.
laugh.gif

Laker fans, behave ya'll.

win or lose, I just hope the Lakers come out healthy. seems like everytime we play them someone gets injured(Kobe)
frown.gif

I expect the usual bogus calls going the cavs ways as it has been customary the last 4 years
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i honestly thought the age range in S&T was higher

in the last couple of days it has been horrible in here

can't have decent argument without anyone because they're busy degrading great players, quite sad

You can tell that a lot of people on this board aren't basketball fans, instead they just root for their favorite players and teams and believe their teamis better, regardless of evidence before them. Superstars always get calls in their building, it's bbeen like that since the 80's. Hell, sometimes theyget calls on the road. With that being said, watch the GAME, and not the individual stars, you might become a better fan.

this thread should have been locked until gametime.

all we're going to see is 10+ pages of nonsense and useless banter, none of it actually relating to the game.

holden? ska?

the majority of NT is useless banter and nonsense, have you ever seen General/Music/JB??? just roll with it man, its not that serious

this is gonna be N U T S ...Seats that are normally $10 are going for over $200 on ebay, cant wait to go and hope to get some good pics

8 V 5? Come on Phil, "youre better than that" look at who you coach, MJ/Shaq/Kobe. You tellin us they never got superstar treatment? Like my dudesaid, hes already preparing for the L like half this board.

Ska isn't going to lock this unless someone tells him he doesn't know his human anatomy.

It's just really funny to me that Cleveland fans think they actually matter. You were put on this earth to be miserable. (Unless you move out of thatpathetic city). See ya'll tomorrow after a Lakers victory. Unless of course, it's 8 on 5.

laugh.gif

not really
+$+! like that has really happened before...like when they sent some bum to the line for game winning free throws when he had slipped on his own
a lot of bad calls like that happen when the lakers play in that backwards state

seeing what LBJ has already accomplished
ROY.
2 ASG MVPs.
1 scoring title.
placed into those random statistical groups.
a slew of "youngest to"s which dont count for anything because of everyone that done something, one of them had to be the youngest.
Finals sweep.

what has he accomplished that counts for something? ticket sales? ratings?

for the record, im ignoring his age becase no one forced him to make the jump from HS, so he's a sixth year vet.

i can see it now...

Cavs victory= Refs/homecourt advantage

Lakers victory= Kobe's GOAT

NT is too predictable sometimes...

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

i can see it now...

Cavs victory= Lebron is better than Kobe

Lakers victory= Lebron is still better than Kobe because he has better stats.

NT is too predictable sometimes...
fixed

if cavs win headline = Lebron dominates in win over Kobe, Lakers.
if lakers win headline = Gasol, Winters, Vujacic bring support for Kobe as Lakers down Cavs.

Some chick named Layla just PM'ed me saying she was the biggest Cavs fan on NT
laugh.gif

[wayne] 'someone betta tell 'em bout me' [/wayne]

wink.gif

I seriously hope we don't see this horrible officiating where it was so blatantly obvious a few years ago when the Lakers played the Cavs in Cleveland :

sick.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Ska isn't going to lock this unless someone tells him he doesn't know his human anatomy.

It's just really funny to me that Cleveland fans think they actually matter. You were put on this earth to be miserable. (Unless you move out of that pathetic city). See ya'll tomorrow after a Lakers victory. Unless of course, it's 8 on 5.

ok warriors fan...

quit the 8 on 5 bs, when the lakers lose it will be because they lost to a better team with a better star player and a deeper bench.

i quit watching that video 2 'fouls' into it. have you ever seen a cavs game? bron gets beat up every single game. just because he doesnt flop likepaul pierce he doesnt get the calls. that second foul when eric snow supposedly fouled kobe looked A LOT like DFish on Ray Allen the other day. Did youcomplain then when there was no call on DFish?? I really doubt that. PS that was YEARS ago. why not post the 'lebron travels' youtube from his rookieyear too, i think we all forgot about that one. im glad you are all getting your christmas-list long sheet of excuses ready.

Back
Top Bottom