---Official Clipse/ RE-UP GANG Thread-- PUSHA T "FEAR OF GOD" OUT NOW DONT SLEEP****

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

^ Nah I disagree. Like what was the point of this tape? These rhymes are tired he's not showing any growth as an artist

I don't get the hype

Yeah its overrated. The exaggerated coke rhymes are lame, how can rap about it for 9 years straight? The worst part is everyone knows hes broke after Malice exposed their situation.

This is my issue... He is what he is... what were you expecting... him to get with yea and all of a sudden just rap about fashion an !+$@%@% #*+* all day?  That would be lame.   Every Clipse album, the WGI4C series, hell even his verses on all of the G.O.O.D Fridays were coke laden and people were going nuts over them...  Yet now he drops 17 verse of him being him and its tiring and overrated and lame.

Y'all are funny as hell to me, its cool for certain artist to do certain things but not others. Funny.

^ Nah I disagree. Like what was the point of this tape? These rhymes are tired he's not showing any growth as an artist

I don't get the hype

Yeah its overrated. The exaggerated coke rhymes are lame, how can rap about it for 9 years straight? The worst part is everyone knows hes broke after Malice exposed their situation.

This is my issue... He is what he is... what were you expecting... him to get with yea and all of a sudden just rap about fashion an !+$@%@% #*+* all day?  That would be lame.   Every Clipse album, the WGI4C series, hell even his verses on all of the G.O.O.D Fridays were coke laden and people were going nuts over them...  Yet now he drops 17 verse of him being him and its tiring and overrated and lame.

Y'all are funny as hell to me, its cool for certain artist to do certain things but not others. Funny.

Yall need to keep in mind this is a mixtape, he's what like 4-5 mixtapes deep in his rap career what made yall think he was gonna change it up since he's solo?

Wait/hope for an album for him to change up the subject matter. Personally I don't give a %%**, if you're good at it why not keep doing it?

Yall need to keep in mind this is a mixtape, he's what like 4-5 mixtapes deep in his rap career what made yall think he was gonna change it up since he's solo?

Wait/hope for an album for him to change up the subject matter. Personally I don't give a %%**, if you're good at it why not keep doing it?

laugh.gif
what yall REALLY expect son to rap about?

I'm not complaining about the subject matter.

But from LW to HHNF to TTCD Clipse kept bringing a fresh style to the scene. To me, all three of those albums are sonically different, and brought new perspectives. Those three albums and the intermittent mixtapes showed growth as artists. Remember when you first heard Wamp Wamp? Yeah that was coke rap but it was FRESH.

Maybe he can't win, because sooner or later he'll run out of new ways to rap about the same thing. But why would I listen to this when it's just a weak rehash of the WGIFC tapes?

But from LW to HHNF to TTCD Clipse kept bringing a fresh style to the scene. To me, all three of those albums are sonically different, and brought new perspectives. Those three albums and the intermittent mixtapes showed growth as artists. Remember when you first heard Wamp Wamp? Yeah that was coke rap but it was FRESH.

Maybe he can't win, because sooner or later he'll run out of new ways to rap about the same thing. But why would I listen to this when it's just a weak rehash of the WGIFC tapes?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I don't get the hype

And this is why I had no high expectations for the tape, after a few spins of the tape I'm very well satisfied.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I don't get the hype

And this is why I had no high expectations for the tape, after a few spins of the tape I'm very well satisfied.

There is nothing different about any of those tapes, Push's included, except for the production Dingle.  The Bars are still top quality still make you
sick.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
... Now if you want to say that the production on the tape is subpar then cool I can't debate that.  but you can't tell me you listen to Alone In Vegas, My God, Open Your Eyes, Speakers Goin Hammer, Can I Live, Or Blow and don't feel like you have every other time you've heard Push spit.

I can say the same $+!@ about Shawn lacking substance talking about himself and his all the *@$+#%# time for 11 *@$+#%# albums but people don't tired of that, not to mention he was selling coke heavy in about 7 of those.

I can say the same thing about Nas failing to make feel good cool out music for 10+ albums but people dont get tired of that, oh yea and he talks about people moving coke still

I can take anybody and pick them and there tendencies apart, from Rick Ross to Jada, to Ghost & Rae, to T.I., to Fat Joe the stories the same.  But all of a sudden Push drops 17 verses... 17 VERSES and its overhyped redundent and he's shown no growth.
laugh.gif

There is nothing different about any of those tapes, Push's included, except for the production Dingle.  The Bars are still top quality still make you
sick.gif
and
30t6p3b.gif
... Now if you want to say that the production on the tape is subpar then cool I can't debate that.  but you can't tell me you listen to Alone In Vegas, My God, Open Your Eyes, Speakers Goin Hammer, Can I Live, Or Blow and don't feel like you have every other time you've heard Push spit.

I can say the same $+!@ about Shawn lacking substance talking about himself and his all the *@$+#%# time for 11 *@$+#%# albums but people don't tired of that, not to mention he was selling coke heavy in about 7 of those.

I can say the same thing about Nas failing to make feel good cool out music for 10+ albums but people dont get tired of that, oh yea and he talks about people moving coke still

I can take anybody and pick them and there tendencies apart, from Rick Ross to Jada, to Ghost & Rae, to T.I., to Fat Joe the stories the same.  But all of a sudden Push drops 17 verses... 17 VERSES and its overhyped redundent and he's shown no growth.
laugh.gif

i like the tape its what i like from Pusha. Coke rap is his thing and he's one of the best doing it in that lane. I dont know why dudes are expecting him to change he is what he is and he's good at it.

I eant a mixtape from Liva in the worst way, dude is
sick.gif
pimp.gif

i like the tape its what i like from Pusha. Coke rap is his thing and he's one of the best doing it in that lane. I dont know why dudes are expecting him to change he is what he is and he's good at it.

I eant a mixtape from Liva in the worst way, dude is
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah but aren't you going to hold the artist responsible for the production as well? It's his product in the end. This tape feels slapped together to me. It's not a cohesive effort in the way that WGIFC 1 or 2 were.

Maybe my standards are too high, but not one track on this besides My God gave me the
eek.gif
face. Even the Ross collabo, it's like he did that because that's what people expect these days. I'm surprised there wasn't some half @*% Lex Luger beat on this.

Yeah but aren't you going to hold the artist responsible for the production as well? It's his product in the end. This tape feels slapped together to me. It's not a cohesive effort in the way that WGIFC 1 or 2 were.

Maybe my standards are too high, but not one track on this besides My God gave me the
eek.gif
face. Even the Ross collabo, it's like he did that because that's what people expect these days. I'm surprised there wasn't some half @*% Lex Luger beat on this.

Back
Top Bottom