OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

As for the Joker
In issue 40 there is a reason for Joker's abilities being enhanced. He was dumbing himself down for his opponent all this time.

Last edited:
As for the Joker
In issue 40 there is a reason for Joker's abilities being enhanced. He was dumbing himself down for his opponent all this time.
But Batman has beaten guys like Deathstroke, Ra's Al-Ghul, Lady Shiva, but he dies in a fight with the Joker? Yes, his abilities are enhanced, but you mean to tell me the Joker is a better fighter than Deathstroke?????

That reason is straight ***. There is no way in any universe that Joker is as skilled as Batman in hand to hand combat or weapons training, and no type of training has ever been presented to give Joker more skills. He always just attacks people wildly. He's like the Kid Buu of DBZ, without the power to destroy planets. Biggest thing he has going for him is his enjoyment/inability to feel pain.

That reason is straight ***. There is no way in any universe that Joker is as skilled as Batman in hand to hand combat or weapons training, and no type of training has ever been presented to give Joker more skills. He always just attacks people wildly. He's like the Kid Buu of DBZ, without the power to destroy planets. Biggest thing he has going for him is his enjoyment/inability to feel pain.
Exactly. I think it was a cool ending, but that doesn't mean it made sense.

Secret Wars #2 yall :smokin GOD DOOM! Great time to be a Doom fan.

This is obviously looking like Doom's A Song of Ice & Fire though. Hickman done got inspired by a lot of GoT for some ideas and the feel of the story except for the upcoming twist.

Not even. Kid Buu at least had amazing speed and strength.

The Joker doesn't even have that.

But I aint even read Endgame so I won't go further than that :lol: Sounds like it included more nonsense I wouldn't have been happy with.

This is obviously looking like Doom's A Song of Ice & Fire though. Hickman done got inspired by a lot of GoT for some ideas and the feel of the story except for the upcoming twist.

But I aint even read Endgame so I won't go further than that :lol: Sounds like it included more nonsense I wouldn't have been happy with.
I thought it was an overall good story. I say give it a shot.

I definitely hear where you guys are all coming from with Joker inferiority. But he has been different last few story arches.

Turns out Joker is pretty much immortal and has been around years before Batman and around the time of the original Talon. His speed was one of many things Joker said he surpassed all these years to enjoy the back and forth with Bats.

I thought it was an overall good story. I say give it a shot.
Snyder lost me with Death of the Fam.

Only thing I know about Endgame is at some point Joker is given some nonsensical has been around for years causing chaos and he's actually some sort of different species.

I won't completely **** on that idea cuz I haven't read the story but I just haven't been loving how he ends his big stories. I think he said his run is about done or at least Capullo is. I figure I'll read through that when he's done.

There's no way you guys actually are arguing for static characters that are always a rehashing of your favorite writers version...right?

I can't believe you actually think that would lead to better comics, even if you didn't like the interpretation in Endgame, but if you do, please make sure your preferred version is the original appearance of the character. Alan Moore didn't create the Joker, he re-characterized him and created a new take. So if you are referring the The Killing Joke joker when you say that Snyder is off, you're being completely hypocritical. And guess what, no one seems to have a problem with Frank Miller redefining Batman either huh?

Also...read the story before you bash it. Seriously. Some of you guys sound like whiny children and it couldn't be more clear you have no context.

Last edited:
I definitely hear where you guys are all coming from with Joker inferiority. But he has been different last few story arches.

Turns out Joker is pretty much immortal and has been around years before Batman and around the time of the original Talon. His speed was one of many things Joker said he surpassed all these years to enjoy the back and forth with Bats.
That was never confirmed. Could just be Joker trying to troll Gordon. We don't even know whether or not those photos were doctored or not.

That was never confirmed. Could just be Joker trying to troll Gordon. We don't even know whether or not those photos were doctored or not.
It is confirmed that he isn't immortal though. He's been using the Lazarus pit like thing over time to heal himself and stay alive. Batman figures it out and is trolling him back when he destroys the pit and asks Joker to stay with him while the cave collapses. He mocks him saying, oh don't worry that the pit is gone and we'll be crushed, you will be fine right? Why wouldn't you want to stay and watch Batman die? Joker actually tries to crawl away and breaks character for once, showing Batman essentially beat him at his own game

Last edited:
I thought it was said he stumbled upon that put once he fell off in the DOTF arc or something like that. So that's what made him stronger and what not.

thejrob thejrob you are correct.
It was also said Talon confirmed his existence many years prior but Bruce didn't believe him. I like the story and think a lot remains open to interpretation.

There's no way you guys actually are arguing for static characters that are always a rehashing of your favorite writers version...right?
Looks more to me like ppl discussing a Batman story they read and talking about what they did and didn't like.

Looks more to me like ppl discussing a Batman story they read and talking about what they did and didn't like.

Only thing I know about Endgame is at some point Joker is given some nonsensical has been around for years causing chaos and he's actually some sort of different species.

I won't completely **** on that idea cuz I haven't read the story but I just haven't been loving how he ends his big stories.

Ok...

So, Joker was trolling?

Yes. Similar to most of his other major appearances he makes a lot of claims that he can't even begin to 100% prove and Batman discovers an alternate, scientifically plausible explanation and proceeds to troll the Joker right back to his face.

Master Zik Master Zik It was a good story arc/event overall. Only problem I really had with it was, again
, that Bruce "dies" at the end of it.

In terms of the Joker, they were most certainly hinting at him being some type of ancient eldrich abomination, but as I mentioned above by the story's end that's pretty much proven as false, which i'm certainly happy with as I found the idea of Joker existing long before Batman to be silly.

I won't completely **** on that idea cuz I haven't read the story but I just haven't been loving how he ends his big stories.

Ok...
I wasn't discussing Endgame though and I especially wasn't arguing about it which is what you were ranting about :lol: That's me commenting on other ppl talking about the story.

As I said in the very post you quote :lol: Me talking about Snyder and how ends his stories is based off the stories I've actually read though which is why I stated criticisms about his work. Keep up man.

You seem mad touchy if that's suppose to be evidence and a reason for you to whine like that.
Master Zik Master Zik It was a good story arc/event overall. Only problem I really had with it was, again
, that Bruce "dies" at the end of it.

In terms of the Joker, they were most certainly hinting at him being some type of ancient eldrich abomination, but as I mentioned above by the story's end that's pretty much proven as false, which i'm certainly happy with as I found the idea of Joker existing long before Batman to be silly.
You can't really escape the promotion so you couldn't really spoil me about that. I've already seen the weird robot Bat and some fans uproar about Gordon.

Like I said that was the only other thing I had read about online about the story. That they were hyping up some new Joker origin to psych Batman out that was most likely all some lie. I was already way behind so I wasn't ever really going to get in to the details of the story any time soon.

Last edited:
Did anyone read Death of Wolverine? How was it?

Decent. The revelation of who was behind it all and his reasoning threw me somewhat. Not sure if I expected something more, less, or what, but it wasn't what I was expecting. The "death" of the character however was wonderfully done.

Back
Top Bottom