OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I read Secret Wars #1 and it was great. For new comers I'd probably say find Secret Wars #0 to get some background if you have no clue what's going on.

Spoilers ahead

Even if you came in to this with no prior knowledge I feel the issue laid out everything pretty clearly. Two Earths are colliding and it's going to lead to the end of both universes, that's called an incursion. At the start we see Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, and Molecule Man face off against the Beyonders (guys trying to destroy the multiverse) and it ends with a white light.

On Earth, Evil Reed Richards a.k.a the Maker of the Ultimate universe lies/doesn't tell the whole truth to Fury and convinces him to send the Ultimates and SHIELD to attack the main Marvel universe. Other heroes react.

Reed Richards and Black Panther are trying to get away on an escape raft to restart the universe/human race in the aftermath of the incursion. Their first plan fail meanwhile the heroes of both Earths fight each other. Everybody is showing up from X-Men to Guardians of the Galaxy. Lots of fighting. Heroes die. Marvel heroes basically beat the **** out of the Ultimate heroes and then Maker unleashes his ppl to continue the fight as he escapes with Thanos and his cabal from the main Marvel Universe.

Manifold is the back up plan for the escape raft and has the power to teleport ppl on to it, ppl they will need. He stays behind on Earth to finish the job and we see heroes starting disappearing in the middle of the fight on to the raft like Spidey and finally Cyclops after he gets phoenix force powers.

The book ends with a white light and seeing the face of Dr. Doom. If you pay attention to the narration you can pretty much guess what most of it is implying. On the final page we see a crashed escape raft.

If you hadn't been reading New Avengers or Avengers and read this event it'd be pretty clear to see that it's the end of the world as another one comes to collide with it while your fav heroes fight an invading force of alternate heroes which ends with the worlds crashing in to each other.

Secret Wars is just an overblown way to remove the mutants from 616 and thus make the regular universe reflect the cinematic ones .
:rofl:

No it isn't.

If Marvel wanted to do that they would've never reversed House of M. They'd just kill off mutants or make them all Inhumans. Not have Secret Wars be a plan 5+ years in the making. Don't pay attention to bad conspiracy theories.

Also making the comics exactly like the movies doesn't make sense and ignores facts.

Last edited:
Eh, that's literally Kirkman speaking through his characters still angry at being spurned by Marvel cuz they didn't like his ideas. He's literally just taking shots cuz he doesn't like what they're doing to promote their books.

I mean the complaint is literally I hate it when long running books do drastic things to make the books engaging and new :lol: The ****? It's so meta, I wonder if he ever pauses to see some of the stuff he's doing in his work. I mean only difference is he doesn't have a huge promo budget.

On a specific note, I'm actually losing reasons to keep up with Kirkman's TWD and Invincible. It's like he's running out of gas and now I can understand ppl's complaints of him just doing things for shock value by adding more gore. On the TWD side it's just the same damn pattern. He's had a great run going indie though.

Last edited:
I'm caught up on Saga, Rat Queens, and Thief of Thieves

Waiting for Fight Club 2. The Free Comic Book Day sample was cool with The Goon and The Strain. :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
The last issue of Batman..... Really made me feel some type of way..... :smh:

[quote name="kvsm23vs24" url="/[quote="Foamposite XI, post: 23291981"]The last issue of Batman..... Really made me feel some type of way..... :smh:[/quote]

The spoilered question is for anyone who's read it or anyone who just doesn't care about spoilers for it

Am I the only one who thinks that Bruce "dying" lacked any type of impact? Final Crisis was in 2009 and Bruce came back in 2010, where his whole "death" was supposed to be some big thing and you had everyone trying to move on and even **** replacing him. So for that to have happened and then you have this not even ten years later and it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

I will say however that going down in a final, no-holds-barred confrontation with the Joker is a suitable end.

jays25 jays25 I was skeptical at first but I think this was handled properly. They really wanted Moyer shine on thier major event. Even Justice League had a big issue 40.

Thank God female Thor's identity has finally been revealed. I haven't even been keeping up regularly but I was done with the whole ambiguity. Didn't guess that it'd be
Jane, but I also wasn't surprised either. One thing I will say that I don't like about all this is how it seems like she's being hyped up as so much better than Thor ever was, which seems silly.

Indeed, that being said if no one's read this:

You should go do so now.

Just read issues 0, 1 & 2 of Secret Wars. I'm intrigued to see where this goes. And of course, Doom loves Game of Thrones

The spoilered question is for anyone who's read it or anyone who just doesn't care about spoilers for it

Am I the only one who thinks that Bruce "dying" lacked any type of impact? Final Crisis was in 2009 and Bruce came back in 2010, where his whole "death" was supposed to be some big thing and you had everyone trying to move on and even **** replacing him. So for that to have happened and then you have this not even ten years later and it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

I will say however that going down in a final, no-holds-barred confrontation with the Joker is a suitable end.
One thing I don't understand is, Batman is one of the best h2h fighters in any universe and Joker is street level at best and he bested Batman?? REALLY??????

Last edited:

One thing I don't understand is, Batman is one of the best h2h fighters in any universe and Joker is street level at best and he bested Batman?? REALLY??????

Honestly, in no adaptation of Batman, where Joker is fighting evenly with any member of the Bat Family does it make sense to me.

Batman Arkham Origins is how it should always be: After the plan falls apartt, Batman kicks Joker's *** in a physical confrontation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom