OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Picked up AvX 5... pretty cool ending. I'm re-reading House of M, Civil War, and Secret Invasion and damn the artwork in this series is pretty horrible compared.
Picked up the before Watchmen comic. I just bought the Watchmen trade so I'l read that first.

Also just got caught up on all the Batman issues. The story is terrific... the Court of Owls are a great adversary. The "War Suit"
pimp.gif

Attacking Wayne Mansion
eek.gif

issue 10 comes out next week

Thief of Thieves is an alright comic so far... The artwork is the thing that really stands out.
This. 
The artwork in the first few issues of AvX have been HORRIBLE. JRJR is one if the worst artist at marvel.

The Court of Owls storyline is really really good. I'm loving it. It has made me a bigger fan of Batman.

Picked up all the Before Watchmen series so far and Hit-Girl.
Hit-Girl is pretty good, not much going on in the first issue but it's sizing up to be pretty good.

Before Watchmen, if you've read it so far than I'm pretty sure you know what I'm gonna say.

The Comedian #1, WHAT THE @@%# 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Other than that the Minutemen issue is my favorite so far and Ozymandias #1 drops this Wednesday so I will be picking it up.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Just picked up:[/color]

Sin City vol. 5

Batman Vol. 1: The Court of Owls - Must Get!

Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 1: Faces of Death - Must Get!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and Watchmen (my son when ham on both of watchmen and sin city when he was a baby. still replacing the "coloring books" he used.) Looking forward to all of Before Watchmen to be finished so i can have a full hard copy. [/color]

Starting back buying again rather than just downloads.
But I really only want to buy graphic novels and hardbacks. They seem to last longer because I'm rough with my comics

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

eek.gif

Marvel's THIS IS WAR covers:
punisherwarzoneteaserjpg-9d6f76.jpg

http://www.superherohype....els-this-is-war-revealed

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ok.... I are confused...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1. Isn't Cap dead?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2. What did the Avengers do to piss off Punisher?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3. What are the comics so I can catch up to the This Is War storyline?[/color]

If any of you guys are like me and waiting out AvX for the complete series, Amazon is selling it for ~ $43 which is about $34 off the original price if you pre-order it.

1. he's been alive for a while now
2. we don't know, guess that's what the story is about
3. the main storyline will drop in october, so they are going to (maybe) start developing this in the punisher series pretty soon if not now

JRJR is the sole reason i lost interest in AVX

[no hate] I cant belive dood is collecting checks from Marvel [o hate]

1. he's been alive for a while now
2. we don't know, guess that's what the story is about
3. the main storyline will drop in october, so they are going to (maybe) start developing this in the punisher series pretty soon if not now

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1. how did he did he get to be alive again? or did they just scrap and go? (book?)[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2. meaning was the a pre-planet hulk-like incident that already happened?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3. see above, if there are comics/events that lead to this what are the books? thanks.[/color]

So Marvel is relaunching part of or all of their universe with the running brand title of Marvel Now starting in Oct. I've heard rumors for like the past 2 months about this and didn't pay it any mind cuz of so many ongoing stories going in to October. So I'll assume somehow it doesn't affect the runs of writers on certain titles. 3 new titles, 2 of which seem cool, 1 seems directly to be a way to make what eventually happens in the movies make more sense.

http://www.comicvine.com/...rse-this-october/144901/

Originally Posted by im that one

eek.gif

Marvel's THIS IS WAR covers:
punisherwarzoneteaserjpg-9d6f76.jpg

http://www.superherohype....els-this-is-war-revealed

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ok.... I are confused...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1. Isn't Cap dead?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2. What did the Avengers do to piss off Punisher?[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3. What are the comics so I can catch up to the This Is War storyline?[/color]
1. No. Everybody just thought he was He got shot by a "magic" bullet (it's explained by science that can't be proven) that sent his consciousness through his own timeline so he could relive his best and worst moments all orchestrated by the Red Skull so he could take control of his body. The Red Skull is dead.

2 & 3. So far we've just seen these teaser posters for this upcoming event in Oct. We don't know if Frank is hunting down the Avengers or working with them and everybody who has attacked them is just somebody else with guns and what not. Right now I don't think you need to read anything to catch up to this cuz I'm reading 3 of the 6 titles of those shown to be involved and nothing has hinted at it yet enough to say there's a new event starting.

EDIT

So Marvel is relaunching part of or all of their universe with the running brand title of Marvel Now starting in Oct. I've heard rumors for like the past 2 months about this and didn't pay it any mind cuz of so many ongoing stories going in to October. So I'll assume somehow it doesn't affect the runs of writers on certain titles. 3 new titles, 2 of which seem cool, 1 seems directly to be a way to make what eventually happens in the movies make more sense.

http://www.comicvine.com/...rse-this-october/144901/

2445764-marvel_comic_con_2012_1000_super.jpg

i'm not liking some of these costume changes....

and for frack sake... i thought jean would be the one person that stayed dead...
tired.gif

for a second there i thought that was daredevil

Marvel PLEASE DO NOT LET AvsX be a Flashpoint. I %%!!@+% hated flashpoint and the new 52. Please Do not do this to the marvel universe.
That is all 

and for frack sake... i thought jean would be the one person that stayed dead...
tired.gif

Why is ult Nick fury in the pic?

holy crap!
eek.gif
eek.gif

i JUST realized that....

this "multiverse" is the reason i don't mess with DC...
they BETTER NOT start that sith up with Marvel...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

tired.gif

Isnt this a comic for the 616 of marvel? Not the ultimate universe

what's the "616"?
nerd.gif

the main Marvel Universe that we all know is the 616 universe.
any other alternate universes are designated with other numbers

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

well at least we don't have multiple spiderman's fighting multiple venoms
grin.gif

the day when someone from another dimension shows up as a doppelganger i'm done with marvel

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

the day when someone from another dimension shows up as a doppelganger i'm done with marvel
SpiderMen_2_Preview1.jpg

We have mutliple spidemen and venoms
1389600-541678_525958_venom_vs_anti_venom_by_alecyl_super.jpg

Gotta Get me them Walking Dead Graphic Novels, as of right now... I Just started collecting, Graphic Novels and Comics. Got Iron Fist, Deadpool, Avengers, Civil War, and Spider-man. Marvel Fanboy, planning on adding more to the collection soon. Will Keep on updating

ok, but are they multiple petar parkers from different dimensions/universe, and eddie brocks or flash thomson's or whoever the venom is now?
if so i'll stay away from those comics, but if they ever hit mainstream i'm done.

tired.gif

Don't mind any of the costume changes except for Cyke. I did not recognize him at all
laugh.gif

Why you want Jean Grey to stay dead? She's been "dead" for 8 years (she wasn't really dead because she IS the Phoneix, there was a whole lil arc after her death in New X-Men where it explains she's been alive chilling in the white hot room, she even changed history by making Scott and Emma stay together so there'd be a better future).

On a related note, that I'm not accusing of, I'm tired of ppl saying Jean is always coming back to live when she's only died once and that was retconned and her second death wasn't one at all. Captain Marvel and Thor die way more and come back for an event or for a while every event. That's annoying.
Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Marvel PLEASE DO NOT LET AvsX be a Flashpoint. I %%!!@+% hated flashpoint and the new 52. Please Do not do this to the marvel universe.
That is all 
You guys gotta know the difference between a relaunch and reboot. I had to edit myself since I glanced over details. The new titles being launched and the new status quo all has to do with post AvX Marvel U. It's sorta how back in the 90s all of the X-books time skipped like 6 months after some event. They did it on a wider scale with all of the books before the 2000s too. All this really is going for new angles and story lines to show the world has changed somewhat and the heroes have to adjust. Can't be mad when they're using some of their best writers to do it.

Gotta stress though, this aint a reboot. Just a creative and marketing decision. They may even do like a 2 or 5 month time skip after AvX. A few titles may start over from 1 like Punisher which I think is being renamed Punisher: War Zone which plays in to the This Is War event. Any other changes will still have continuity backing it so anything drastic will be explained.
Originally Posted by 100PROOF

To play off the Avengers movie success and the black Nick Fury being popular and basically stealing the idea from the ult universe Marvel decided to have their own black Nick Fury in the main universe along with the white one.

After the Fear Itself event, there was an aftermath miniseries called Battle Scars (which really had nothing to do with Fear Itself) which introduced Nick Fury Jr. who is black cuz he has a black mom and looks nothing like the white Nick Fury. Spoilers ahead:
Spoiler [+]
His name was Marcus Johnson, after FI, one of Nicks old enemies discovers he had a son. So he hunts the guy down after killing his mother (we find here Fury has jungle fever after WW2). The guy happens to be a Ranger so he survives with help of his friend who turns out to be Agent Coulson (SHIELD guy from the movie). Nick shows up helps him out, they get kidnapped, Nick gets the infinity formula drained from him and there's no more of it so basically he's like a regular human again despite being like 90 and will die like anybody else, Marcus has the formula naturally in his blood, bad guy rips out his eye to restore his youth, some more fighting and then they kill the bad guy or collapse the building on him with a bunch of explosions. Nick offers Marcus a job at the new SHIELD since he's not just about to go back to a regular life and his friend joins him. The current SHIELD commander reveals to him that the name on his birth certificate is Nick Fury Jr. and just like that Marvel has their own black Nick Fury that's on his way to becoming a super spy like his dad. Haven't done anything else with him yet.

holy crap!
eek.gif
eek.gif

i JUST realized that....

this "multiverse" is the reason i don't mess with DC...
they BETTER NOT start that sith up with Marvel...
tired.gif
???? Marvel always had a multiverse they just never tried to have ongoing titles (like DC with their main universe and Earth 2) from a lot of them until the Ultimate universe which has lasted like 10+ years now.

This relaunch has nothing to do with the multiverse though, or at least they haven't said so yet. Which wouldn't make a lot of sense after saying this has to do with post AvX marvel universe.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

Not sure if you're being sarcastic there's been a Spider-Man doppleganger named Dopplegaanger
laugh.gif
walking around for the past 30 years real time since the Infinity Gems events, not sure if he's dead now
ok, but are they multiple petar parkers from different dimensions/universe, and eddie brocks or flash thomson's or whoever the venom is now?
if so i'll stay away from those comics, but if they ever hit mainstream i'm done.
Nah nothing that dumb. I see you've been referring to DC's crises events
laugh.gif
I mean every now and then characters may visit an alternate timeline or dimension and team up or fight their counterpart but it doesn't happen often and I don't think there's ever been a Marvel event based on that. Although there are a lot of cool stories based on alternate versions of characters. Right now Spider-Man has met the black Spider-Man in Spider-Men.

Oh and that pic aint the same Venoms, one is Anti-Venom (Brock) and I think that Venom is when the Scorpion had it. The suit has had a few owners, Flash Thompson has it now and the series is great
pimp.gif

as of right now (since Civil War came out in 06')
the comics that i have read had NO doppelgangers (that's also including Doppelgaanger
roll.gif
roll.gif
) -no multiple ppl that had the same name, but the same costumes (which i'm totally fine with)
i just don't want to wrap my head around which captain america is that... or which peter parker is that, is that guy from earth 2, 289, or 512?
i just want to deal with one earth/universe (including the Ultimate universe[which i want it to be separate as well
laugh.gif
])
is that so much to ask...
and i HAVE been using DC as reference cuz i see no other comics (that i read) that do that
laugh.gif

and thanks for clearing this up that it WASN'T going to be a reboot
and didn't know that white nick fury had a black son
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom