OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Hey guys, nice to see yall, havent been here in awhile!  When I first started this thread, I was an avid reader of comic books, now I'm a self published writer!  I hope this isn't against the rules (I've been MIA for awhile), but I'd def like you guys to check it out!  Theres a free 5 page preview on my website (click the cover to go to the website www.198Six.com)

I can't find the 5 page preview. Would love to check it out though. Congrats :pimp:

Hey guys, nice to see yall, havent been here in awhile!  When I first started this thread, I was an avid reader of comic books, now I'm a self published writer!  I hope this isn't against the rules (I've been MIA for awhile), but I'd def like you guys to check it out!  Theres a free 5 page preview on my website (click the cover to go to the website www.198Six.com)

Also, you can buy "The POLICE STATE Saga" on Amazon!
Support my Kickstarter
Chapter 2 Coming soon!

FLOURISH BROTHA!! :smokin

I can't find the 5 page preview. Would love to check it out though. Congrats :pimp:

Also, you can buy "The POLICE STATE Saga" on Amazon!
Support my Kickstarter
Chapter 2 Coming soon!
Will check this out man
smokin.gif
Hey thanks man, alot of blood sweat and tears, and the experiences of my friends (I have 3 who have been shot by the police), and the kids that I work with have been rolled into this project.  I have 4 more parts upcoming, and two spinoffs that I'm wrapping up now.  I hope you check it out and enjoy

I can't find the 5 page preview. Would love to check it out though. Congrats
pimp.gif
Its on a page called "The first five".  Thanks though man, I appreciate that, you guys made me feel all warm and fuzzy

Last edited:
Been reading the original Lee/Ditko run of Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning

A lot of these stories and dialogue might come across as corny/cheesy now, but if you look at the series from the perspective of the times, Stan Lee was writing a revolutionary mag and establishing an amazing mythos. The characters all shine through so brightly in the writing, and there are so many little dynamic things going on.

I can't imagine being a kid/teen in the 60s and reading this ****
smokin.gif

It's also fun to look at the fan-mail sections for old comics. Lots of praise, but also lots of people talking mad **** and nitpicking 50 years ago just like a certain sneaker forum today
nerd.gif
. Stan Lee took all that criticism in stride though based on his responses

Last edited:
When I did my re-reading of Spidey's entire run, I began to appreciate Stan Lee a whole lot more especially the transition after Ditko.

Been reading the original Lee/Ditko run of Amazing Spider-Man from the beginning

A lot of these stories and dialogue might come across as corny/cheesy now, but if you look at the series from the perspective of the times, Stan Lee was writing a revolutionary mag and establishing an amazing mythos. The characters all shine through so brightly in the writing, and there are so many little dynamic things going on.

I can't imagine being a kid/teen in the 60s and reading this ****
smokin.gif

It's also fun to look at the fan-mail sections for old comics. Lots of praise, but also lots of people talking mad **** and nitpicking 50 years ago just like a certain sneaker forum today
nerd.gif
. Stan Lee took all that criticism in stride though based on his responses
When I did my re-reading of Spidey's entire run, I began to appreciate Stan Lee a whole lot more especially the transition after Ditko.
I'm reading Nick Fury Agent of Shield now, and that is exactly how I feel.

also, that old Kirby art is so incredible, especially in B&W

New black panther title, Poe Dameron (first canon star wars comic for the TFA) and just in general all the new marvel stuff. Never seen it like this though tbh lol. The place was popping. Bout to start reading this Poe comic in a few. I'm guessing that was one of the biggest draws tbh, lots of star wars heads in there. 

Last edited:
Is BP #1 any good? Wasn't the biggest fan of the last BP run (the one they based that animated special on, where they revealed a BP washed Cap in the 40s :smokin)

A lot of these stories and dialogue might come across as corny/cheesy now, but if you look at the series from the perspective of the times, Stan Lee Ditko and Lee were writing a revolutionary mag and establishing an amazing mythos. The characters all shine through so brightly in the writing, and there are so many little dynamic things going on.

I can't imagine being a kid/teen in the 60s and reading this **** :smokin

It's also fun to look at the fan-mail sections for old comics. Lots of praise, but also lots of people talking mad **** and nitpicking 50 years ago just like a certain sneaker forum today :nerd: . Stan Lee took all that criticism in stride though based on his responses

fixed.

Did you find any hints of the Ditko Ayn Randian's super conservative stuff? :lol:

I think the latest "The Walking Dead" issue is out today too and was a good one. I haven't made it down yet to pick up my books.
I heard the new writer of Black Panthers has a huge following and insect level. Probably give it a go too.

fixed.

Did you find any hints of the Ditko Ayn Randian's super conservative stuff? :lol:

Nah, and I'm glad I didn't because that makes no sense. Peter's uncle died in the first issue because he said "**** it, I'm a do me". A philosophy like that is completely antithetical to the Spidey mythos.

And if that's the case then I can see why Lee and Ditko disagreed on basically everything.

Ditko's art is mad rough in the beginning but it gets better. Although I can see why Romita's art would have been better received.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom