OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I just started reading Priests run on BP. It's pretty good. Want a fan of how everybody was in flashbacks, but I got used to it. BP is a boss though so many abilities :lol:

Good man. Priet's run is probably my favorite Black Panther series overall. Did great things with the character and I was stoked when they started releasing new collections for it.

Not sure if anyone has been reading it but the second Jane Foster Thor series that began this year is dope.

Drifted in and out of it. Artwork is phenomonal.

Damn :wow: Marvel's got a bunch of new omnibus' already listed. Going to have to stack up some cash and cop a few.

Yea I'm like priests run. Just don't like tchalla being bald.

Also glad I'm not the only one who loves omnibus'
I have Vol 1&2 of the amazing Spider-Man. I want michelanie run and I forgot the other dude.

Last edited:
This Punisher #1 Hip-Hop variant though. :wow: :pimp:

5d7bd615_PUN2016001-DC21-9ca90.jpeg

5c2fede0_TBOLTS2016001-DC21-a466d.jpeg

Yea I'm like priests run. Just don't like tchalla being bald.

Also glad I'm not the only one who loves omnibus'
I have Vol 1&2 of the amazing Spider-Man. I want michelanie run and I forgot the other dude.

Really think that for reading comics the Omnibus is the way to go. Naturally they're heavy as hell, but so worth it. Can literally sit down to read one on a Sunday afternoon and not move for a few hours. I've got quite a few i've been hunting for a while, because once they sell out the price tends to skyrocket. Don't have any Spider-Man ones yet, but i've been looking into the Ultimate Spider-Man edition. Also been looking for the Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus. From what i've heard, he's one of the greatest Thor writers of all time.

Free comic book day is tommorow for those of you that don't regularly visit comic shops.

Anyone ever read Planetary by Warren Ellis? Was just reading up on it a little and it sounds extremely interesting (Especially with the entire thing having been collected in an Omnibus), but I wanted to know if anyone had personal thoughts on it here.

My shop didn't have any Rebirth stuff for FCBD. Was there supposed to be anything? I just picked up some Avengers stuff and The Simpsons Bongo comics. :pimp:

Got a couple more issues of The Vision and The Dark Knight III #4 while I was there.

My shop didn't have any Rebirth stuff for FCBD. Was there supposed to be anything? I just picked up some Avengers stuff and The Simpsons Bongo comics. :pimp:

Got a couple more issues of The Vision and The Dark Knight III #4 while I was there.
There were no Rebirth stuff for FCBD. They had a Suicide Squad and Justice League of America FCBD reprint, and a DC super Heroe girls thing.

Last edited:
Wut? Vision has his own solo series? :lol:
I have yet to read it since I'm waiting on a few issues to be on marvel unlimited, but I've heard it's one of the best series Marvel has put out for ANAD. Unfortunately the author has signed a exclusive writing deal with DC and will be gone after issue 12. Bad news for Vision, good news for Batman.

Anyone ever read Planetary by Warren Ellis? Was just reading up on it a little and it sounds extremely interesting (Especially with the entire thing having been collected in an Omnibus), but I wanted to know if anyone had personal thoughts on it here.

Love it. I think deserves a place in the grand cannon of deconstructionist superhero comics with Watchmen, Astro City, Dark Knight ect

Really big sci fi ideas, John Cassaday art wise was in his prime.

I think it's a great example of what comics and superhero comics specifically can do better than any other medium; the collision of big concepts and ideas.

comic book day was dope for my local shop all comics got 41 new titles to read plus the free joints on the table excited to check out rom the space knight comic....does anyone know when m.a.s.k. comic drops(80s cartoon series)?

Was able to get attack on titan anthology, CW II, street fighter, and captain america. Pissed I missed out on the bruce lee joint really wanted that one.

Love it. I think deserves a place in the grand cannon of deconstructionist superhero comics with Watchmen, Astro City, Dark Knight ect

Really big sci fi ideas, John Cassaday art wise was in his prime.

I think it's a great example of what comics and superhero comics specifically can do better than any other medium; the collision of big concepts and ideas.

Great to hear it. I'll go ahead and pick it up sometime this summer then. Right now though i've got a few other books to take care of. This George Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus is just begging to be read.

You just reminded me. I think the Kingdom Come 20th Anniversary Hardcover is coming soon.

The new Punisher #1 wasn't my favorite. Frank was a cameo in his own book, but I guess they want to build the other characters. Still not a big fan of Dillon's art.

I liked Daredevil/Punisher #1 even if it's just retreading. Blindspot is in it. I don't know how people feel about him, but I like Blindspot.

Back
Top Bottom