OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

So, I was playing MvC3 the other day, and it got me to thinking... Who do you think would win in a fight, Dante or Ghost Rider?

Who did the cover art?
I really like that.

If you like that style...check out Frank Quitely, he has a similar style

Someone fill me in....wth is this marvel now series? Is it like a marvel knights-esque series? Is it a reboot?
Just a relaunch of a bunch of titles, not all, so more #1 issues. They're not rebooting anything, all continuity remains the same. They're just calling this an initiative where the writers chose what titles they wanted and had great plans for and then paired them with artists who had a passion for drawing the particular book, so they're not gonna switch creative teams a few months later or cancel quickly (or so they say). Plus it's suppose to be more accessible for new readers and returning Marvel readers.

If you read the interviews out there the writers have a lot of good ideas for the titles they're going to write. Specifically Hickman, Aaron, and Remender.

Someone fill me in....wth is this marvel now series? Is it like a marvel knights-esque series? Is it a reboot?
Just a relaunch of a bunch of titles, not all, so more #1 issues. They're not rebooting anything, all continuity remains the same. They're just calling this an initiative where the writers chose what titles they wanted and had great plans for and then paired them with artists who had a passion for drawing the particular book, so they're not gonna switch creative teams a few months later or cancel quickly (or so they say). Plus it's suppose to be more accessible for new readers and returning Marvel readers.

If you read the interviews out there the writers have a lot of good ideas for the titles they're going to write. Specifically Hickman, Aaron, and Remender.

Was asking my comic guy this but will this only affect a few titles or EVERYTHING(New 52) ? Like will they end that new Gambit and Hawkeye book soon?

You mad late and he was told to stay down but Peter never listens because he has to fight that good fight till the end. Luckily that mouth of this caused the phoenix s to fight.

Just reading that issue :smh: Pete is the definition of a hero

and BTW Peter Parker (comics) >>>>> Peter Parker (The Amazing Spider-Man)

im ready for the new 52's to start at #0 again in sept. Im new to comics so it should be a good starting point for me. I also am getting into all the mini series before watchmen and the  gambit, and hawkeye series.

Last edited:
im ready for the new 52's to start at #0 again in sept. Im new to comics so it should be a good starting point for me. I also am getting into all the mini series before watchmen and the  gambit, and hawkeye series.
You can start at ANYPOINT. Just start with a good book recommendation or with what looks good. Read old books with CBR from the /rs/ :wink: , and ask NT, a forum or refer to wiki. DC was better before the 52. I miss the batman family it was awesome and I want TIMTAM back :frown:

You can start at ANYPOINT. Just start with a good book recommendation or with what looks good. Read old books with CBR from the /rs/
wink.gif
, and ask NT, a forum or refer to wiki. DC was better before the 52. I miss the batman family it was awesome and I want TIMTAM back
frown.gif
ok thanks.  i didnt want to get into a series and not know what they were talking about.

ok thanks.  i didnt want to get into a series and not know what they were talking about.
Lol man....I picked up comics during civil war arc and Spiderman had metal arms growing out of his back and fighting Captain America, I was lost. I had to spend the next month reading old comics and on forums/wiki to understand the past 40+ years of Peter

Was asking my comic guy this but will this only affect a few titles or EVERYTHING(New 52) ? Like will they end that new Gambit and Hawkeye book soon?
Everything about Marvel NOW hasn't been revealed yet but every title won't be relaunched some will continue with their regular numbering as is. So far these aren't having any change:

Daredevil
Wolverine & the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man (might relaunch after issue 700)
Scarlet Spider
Venom
Avenging Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Gambit
Hawkeye
Red She-Hulk (use to be Hulk)
X-Factor
Uncanny X-Force
Secret Avengers
Age of Apocalypse
Winter Soldier
X-Treme X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers
Avengers Academy (might be finishing and restart under a new title)
X-Men
Captain America & .... (probably getting canceled)

Right now I think Marvel has announced the majority of titles they're relaunching and everything else part of Marvel NOW will be brand new titles
Like someone else already said you can pick up any book and start from there most times unless it's in the middle of an arc...

but from my understanding the 0 issues aren't a jumping on point just a bunch of flashback/in the beginning issues when the main character just started out. I believe the next week will be going back to the last issue it left off of. So Batman 12 was last week, this week Batman 0, next week Batman 13, right? Of course the next issue will most likely be a new arc so you could start from there.

Last edited:
Everything about Marvel NOW hasn't been revealed yet but every title won't be relaunched some will continue with their regular numbering as is. So far these aren't having any change:
Daredevil
Wolverine & the X-Men
Amazing Spider-Man (might relaunch after issue 700)
Scarlet Spider
Venom
Avenging Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Gambit
Hawkeye
Red She-Hulk (use to be Hulk)
X-Factor
Uncanny X-Force
Secret Avengers
Age of Apocalypse
Winter Soldier
X-Treme X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers
Avengers Academy (might be finishing and restart under a new title)
X-Men
Captain America & .... (probably getting canceled)
Right now I think Marvel has announced the majority of titles they're relaunching and everything else part of Marvel NOW will be brand new titles
Like someone else already said you can't pick up any book and start from there most times unless it's in the middle of an arc...
but from my understanding the 0 issues aren't a jumping on point just a bunch of flashback/in the beginning issues when the main character just started out. I believe the next week will be going back to the last issue it left off of. So Batman 12 was last week, this week Batman 0, next week Batman 13, right? Of course the next issue will most likely be a new arc so you could start from there.
yeah thats what i plan on doing.  I'm gonna be getting damn near all of the new 52's that start at #0.  As long as i dont get lost and i know  whats going on in the story im cool.  I'm reading the old web of spiderman from the 80's and early 90's now too.  I bought a bunch of them for reallly cheap from a guy on craigslist.  Im just missing like 30 out of the 129 comic book series. 

I've read all of Web, it was good for me. When I look online, ppl hate 90s comics (weird cuz that's when I got in to comics and really enjoyed them) and specifically about Spidey say Web was the weaker of the 4 or 5 books he had during that time.

It should be a good read for you though, what might piss you off is when crossovers happen and you need to get issues of amazing, sensational, and spectacular to finish an arc like Identity Crisis

I've read all of Web, it was good for me. When I look online, ppl hate 90s comics (weird cuz that's when I got in to comics and really enjoyed them) and specifically about Spidey say Web was the weaker of the 4 or 5 books he had during that time.
It should be a good read for you though, what might piss you off is when crossovers happen and you need to get issues of amazing, sensational, and spectacular to finish an arc like Identity Crisis
yeah i like them so far.  Im about to run into that problem soon.  I was wondering about that.  I have a 4 part mini series coming up  but only 3 of the comics are in the web of spider-man.   Ive heard that too that the web was a weaker series out of the other spider-man

^ yup. it's awesome, wish it was gonna be longer than 4 issues (same gripe with the "Spider-Men" miniseries, can't believe there's only 1 issue left :smh: ). picking up #3 of Deadpool Kills Marvel today as soon as I get out this meeting this afternoon

The Amazing Spiderman! hands down,

than again batman has great villians. and the whole new 52 comics go, also a vs. x
ultimate spiderman, ninja turtles, wolverine, and a bunch of kid comics are dope also, i really like collecting comics, it's a substitute for shoes when i don't have money for them.

^ yup. it's awesome, wish it was gonna be longer than 4 issues (same gripe with the "Spider-Men" miniseries, can't believe there's only 1 issue left
mean.gif
). picking up #3 of Deadpool Kills Marvel today as soon as I get out this meeting this afternoon
im gonna be picking mine up today as well and im gonna get the Before Watchmen Rorschach #1.   All of the Before Watchmen have been good so far.  

Back
Top Bottom