OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Im reading avengers vs xmen as a starting point like some recommended...but where do I begin with spiderman?
It's ending so just for you to enjoy the ride until then start with ASM 698. So you can at least get the last arc and what leads up to Superior Spider-Man. Once ASM is done though (end of the year) I'd have to say at least get Slott's entire run (over 100 issues so I'm sure it'll come in omnibus form) on ASM or just his Big Time run (don't know the exact issue # it started off hand).

Last edited:
Im reading avengers vs xmen as a starting point like some recommended...but where do I begin with spiderman?
It's ending so just for you to enjoy the ride until then start with ASM 698. So you can at least get the last arc and what leads up to Superior Spider-Man. Once ASM is done though (end of the year) I'd have to say at least get Slott's entire run (over 100 issues so I'm sure it'll come in omnibus form) on ASM or just his Big Time run (don't know the exact issue # it started off hand).

I think #648. That's where I started with ASM. It's been a fun ride.

I think #648. That's where I started with ASM. It's been a fun ride.
Agreed. I just got back into buying comics and Dan Slott's run has kept me hooked since his first issue of Big Time. 

alright, so I finally got my copy of Revival 5....what are ya'll thinking about this new series? Anyone else following?

Just found out Justice League of America Vol. 3 #1 is going to have 53 variants (different flag for each state, including Regular USA, Puerto Rico, and some Combo Edition) :wow:

Release Date: 02/06/2013

USA Preview

1241400_ful.jpg

NY Preview

jla5_001_preview2_ny-465x700.jpg

CA Preview

jla5_001_preview3_ca-465x700.jpg

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Justice+League+Of+America_1241400

That's a whole lot of variants bruh

To me that variant crap is extremely whack. It was one thing with Marvel's 20 variants for UA since those were actually different covers but this right here is just DC photo shopping in 50+ different flags. LAME

^ DC is always lazy with the variants :smh:

I only bought ONE this entire year from them, Batman Detective Comics #0

Picked up Vol. 1 of Mark Waid's Daredevil, since I heard so many good reviews about it. Also, just finished Vol. 1 of Batman & Robin: Born to Kill. Great stuff.

To me that variant crap is extremely whack. It was one thing with Marvel's 20 variants for UA since those were actually different covers but this right here is just DC photo shopping in 50+ different flags. LAME

Getting out of hand :smh:

Just got ahold of the first 5, I'll knock them out tonight

lemme know what you think. i'm mixed atm.

Alright, so Revival is a "rural noir [written] by Tim Seeley [with artwork done by] Mike Norton" and published by Image Comics that has a new take on the undead genre.

Tim Seeley is known for Hack/Slash, Witchblade, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, G.I. Joe vs. Transformers and New Exiles.
Mike Norton is know for his work on Battle Pug, It Girl and the Atomics, Runaways and Gravity.

Issue 1 is pretty good
Issues 2 and 3 are pretty wild
Issue 5 has me interested enough to want to keep reading. I'm sold.

The collection of the first 5 issues "You're Among Friends" will release on 12/12/12

Recently knocked out Uncanny X-Force Issues #001 to #034 :pimp: I really enjoyed the artwork and this was actually the first time I was introduced to a few of the characters. Deadpool and Wolverine have always been one of my favorites and Fantomex is that dude :smokin

UncannyX-ForceRobLiefeldVariant.png

I also really liked the artwork in the 2 Issue mini-series of Tron - Betrayal (The movie still has one of the best OSTs)

13105030625.jpeg

Avi check :smokin

:lol: dope

Will definitely check out uncanny x-force.

Psylocke needs to be in a movie ASAP. Wolverine and Deadpool are my guys as well as Arch. Very cool.

This other guy now....any background you can give to me that is spoiler friendly?

^ his name is Fantomex and he's 110% BAMF

He can create extremely realistic illusions and has 3 brains inside of his body. That mask he wears is special because it has telepathy-blocking technology on it which allows his mind to remain un-readable. He also posses enhanced strength, speed, agility, dexterity, reflexes/reactions, coordination, balance, endurance, and has even mentioned having a healing factor like Wolverine & Deadpool. Because of his 3 brains & external nervous system (E.V.A.), he can enter a trance state and perform crucial tasks such as performing surgery on himself. Lastly, he's a superb marksman with his pistols. They fire special bullets covered in sentient mutant skin that always hit their target.

Any of you iOS users...have you checked out Madefire? It's like comics in motion with sound and such. I had a chance to get my hands on it; def has potential. But, unfortunately I am an android user and do not do Apple products, and they have no android port yet :-/

uncanny xforce is great. just finished 1-34 too.

#34 spoilers

did dudes son really just drown from the little puddle? LOL

Copping today:

Nowhere Men #1 (Image Comics)
Witch Doctor: Mal Practice #1 (Image Comics)
Arrow #1 (DC Comics)
Batman: The Dark Knight #14 (DC)
Masks #1 (Dynamite)
Batman, Inc #5 (DC)
Ghost #2 (Dark Horse)
Superman #14 (DC)
and A+X #2 (Marvel Comics)

:smokin Happy Comic Book Wednesday #CBW

just read the new Nowhere Men from Image too...Image is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!! Love their new series! Nowhere men is a good setup and has potential to be an awesome series.:nerd:

Any of you iOS users...have you checked out Madefire? It's like comics in motion with sound and such. I had a chance to get my hands on it; def has potential. But, unfortunately I am an android user and do not do Apple products, and they have no android port yet :-/

Just downloaded the free iPhone App and every book available (kind of takes a while to download each motion book so be ready)

The Irons Episode 1, 2, 3
The Engine Episode 1, 2, 3
Treatment - Tokyo: Episode 1
Treatment - Mexico City: Episode 1, 2
Treatment - San Diego
Severing the Curse
Mono - The Old Curiosity Shop Episode 1, 2
Metawhal Alpha
Captain Stone is MIssing... Episode 1: Chess
Captain Stone is MIssing... Episode 2: Ada
Captain Stone is MIssing... Episode 3: Charlie
Houses of the Holy Prologue

I'll give these all a read next week :pimp:

Arrow (TV Series) Episode 7 "Muse of Fire" today was :rolleyes

just read the new Nowhere Men from Image too...Image is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!! Love their new series! Nowhere men is a good setup and has potential to be an awesome series.:nerd:

I decided to pick up this issue simply due to the cover art, lol. But, I enjoyed the first issue. This title has a lot of potential to be good.

What is Avenging Spiderman about?

I've never been in to reading spiderman comics (Idk why) except Ultimate Spiderman.

Back
Top Bottom