OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

:nerd: Foot Clan miniseries!?

You are missing out. It is excellent.

I've been meaning to read Transmetropolitan for the longest time. Gonna start that this week :smokin

60 issues and what many consider to be a true comic classic. Sounds good :smokin

I have Irredeemable but haven't read it yet.

I'm going to start Avengers Disassembled, Decimation, House of M, Secret War and the entire Civil War

Last edited:
I've got all these old Icon & Image joints from way back. People like Youngblood, Ninjak (anyone remember that dude?), and some others.

I cut a grip of my comics and old magazines up to collage a coffee table at my parents house haha

I used to read Youngblood back in elementary too. Plus some Wild C.A.T.S. and some Spawn and Shadow Hawk too!

I'm also checking out Irredeemable this week too. That looks :smokin
You'll enjoy it. Be sure to pick up Incorruptible as well. It's a spin off book of it.
You are missing out. It is excellent.

I've been meaning to read Transmetropolitan for the longest time. Gonna start that this week :smokin

60 issues and what many consider to be a true comic classic. Sounds good :smokin

I have Irredeemable but haven't read it yet.

I'm going to start Avengers Disassembled, Decimation, House of M, Secret War and the entire Civil War
I did the same a few years back. Worth it. Be sure to read it in order though.

Last edited:
Using wikipedia to sort out the order and I just found out Amazing Spider-Man #700 leaked :wow:
Oh yeah it did. Like Saturday or Sunday. Mind you this leaked before it even got to retailers (they ship early cuz nobody ships on xmas). The story is some guy on the 6 train met some other guy on the Canal St stop who had ASM 700 and Avenging Spidey 15.1 and bought it from him for $10. The issue was even on ebay for a while being sold for $50

I spoiled myself (easily found on google images) but there's talk that this is all a trick by Slott and Marvel and that the spoiler images are what they are but the dialogue is not official.

Slott's been getting death threats on twitter the past few days now :smh:

Last edited:
Using wikipedia to sort out the order and I just found out Amazing Spider-Man #700 leaked :wow:
Oh yeah it did. Like Saturday or Sunday. Mind you this leaked before it even got to retailers (they ship early cuz nobody ships on xmas). The story is some guy on the 6 train met some other guy on the Canal St stop who had ASM 700 and Avenging Spidey 15.1 and bought it from him for $10. The issue was even on ebay for a while being sold for $50

I spoiled myself (easily found on google images) but there's talk that this is all a trick by Slott and Marvel and that the spoiler images are what they are but the dialogue is not official.

Yea I heard about those threats. I couldn't help myself. I read it already :wow:

Going to buy it when it drops and see if it was the real day

Yea I heard about those threats. I couldn't help myself. I read it already :wow:

Ok so we get the gist of it being Ock but I feel I still need context to how it gets to that point. This is a giant sized issue for Slott's story so I'm thinking there'll be some coherent fleshing out cuz right now it's out of character for me to think Pete would give up getting control of his body and just be okay with residing in the background of his own mind or that he really died in Ock's body and for me to think Ock really wants to be a good guy/spider-man all of a sudden unless Pete's memories have already begun to change such an evil supervillain

Last edited:

Ok so we get the gist of it being Ock but I feel I still need context to how it gets to that point. This is a giant sized issue for Slott's story so I'm thinking there'll be some coherent fleshing out cuz right now it's out of character for me to think Pete would give up getting control of his body and just be okay with residing in the background of his own mind or that he really died in Ock's body and for me to think Ock really wants to be a good guy/spider-man all of a sudden unless Pete's memories have already begun to change such an evil supervillain

It seemed incredibly forced but maybe he just realized that he was bested. He had no time or method to transfer his body with Doc (since he was protected) and kept to his word that he wouldn't kill anyone. Transferring bodies would have killed Doc so he decided to be killed himself.

The memories all depicted Doc living through Parker's life and I'm assuming he somehow understood everything Peter had gone though and how he still wanted to be on the good side.

Are you guys saying that Doc Ock is now Peter Parker/Spider-Man?
Yes.
Just read both issues (still gonna buy but I aint feel like waiting 2 weeks). Pretty bad quality btw.

From my understanding, the longer they were in each other's bodies the more they became like each other. Pete found himself talking like Ock, Ock was leaning toward saving the day instead of leaving town with more flashes of Pete's memories.

Before I go on I must say the writing was very good for what Dan Slott was trying to do. He pointed out some very cliche tropes with MJ, Jameson, the whole hero vs villain outsmarting each other, etc. managed to make fun of them in a smart way and make Otto as Spidey more appealing as far a superhero dealing with criminals.

Anyway the main fight ends at Avenger tower (Peter as Ock managed to lure the Avengers to fight threats all over the world so they wouldn't interfere), after taking out Scorpion and Hydroman it's SpideyOck and PeteOck fighting, Pete states that even if he uses the golden octobot to insert his "soul/consciousness" back in to his body he wouldn't be back in control cuz Ock's mind is still there. Basically it has to be a swap but it doesn't work cuz SpideyOck uses a special metal in his mask to stop the golden octobot from connecting to his cortex. So as he's about to die PeteOck realizes the octobot can still beam most of his memories/soul/consciousness back to his body so he does that but it's not a full transfer and then it appears that Peter Parker dies in Doc Ock's body. In between that there's this lame kind of montage of Otto experiencing Peter's life as if he's Peter (basically Ock's head on Pete's body) as suddenly Otto learns the value of life and what it means to be a hero.

Avenging was just some recap of how everything went down since ASM 600, Otto boasting how better he'll be, he's still mixing up whether he's Otto or Peter, struggling to differentiate his memories from Parker's so that's the backdoor to if Peter will eventually take back full control and kick Otto out, he got back with MJ; kissing her, I love you's, upcoming date, no sex yet though, and then there's some self reflection on how much Peter could've done and then how much a failure Otto was since he always lost as he breaks in to one of his old labs and makes the Superior Spider-Man suit. Also for some reason in the beginning of that issue Spidey is some what seen as a criminal again since he's wanted for questioning for the death of Doc Ock, don't know why since it happened in front of Avenger's tower with a crowd around them. More anti-spidey security at Horizon

As far as criticisms I don't get how some ppl like MJ couldn't tell something was up with Pete. Saying stuff like "What now woman?!" is a clear give away imo :lol: The ending was dumb where Ock promises to be a hero and not harm Pete's loved ones. Not believable. Should've just left it as Pete's memories will lead him to doing that. I thought it wouldn't be believable on Pete's side but it was, he was dying in that body and couldn't do much. I can see why the die hard rabid fanatic Spidey fanboys will be outraged but this is just comics and it's not going to last forever. I'm not sold on the overall direction but I'm interested on where Slott takes Otto as Spidey. There are some cool things to look forward to if you want a Spidey that's a bit more cunning, serious in an entertaining way, more assertive with his genius; I feel this opens the door for stories that are a bit more cerebral in how they're told, and interesting in what Otto comes up with as a reluctant hero.

Last edited:
Are you guys saying that Doc Ock is now Peter Parker/Spider-Man?
Yes.
Just read both issues (still gonna buy but I aint feel like waiting 2 weeks). Pretty bad quality btw.

From my understanding, the longer they were in each other's bodies the more they became like each other. Pete found himself talking like Ock, Ock was leaning toward saving the day instead of leaving town with more flashes of Pete's memories.

Before I go on I must say the writing was very good for what Dan Slott was trying to do. He pointed out some very cliche tropes with MJ, Jameson, the whole hero vs villain outsmarting each other, etc. managed to make fun of them in a smart way and make Otto as Spidey more appealing as far a superhero dealing with criminals.

Anyway the main fight ends at Avenger tower (Peter as Ock managed to lure the Avengers to fight threats all over the world so they wouldn't interfere), after taking out Scorpion and Hydroman it's SpideyOck and PeteOck fighting, Pete states that even if he uses the golden octobot to insert his "soul/consciousness" back in to his body he wouldn't be back in control cuz Ock's mind is still there. Basically it has to be a swap but it doesn't work cuz SpideyOck uses a special metal in his mask to stop the golden octobot from connecting to his cortex. So as he's about to die PeteOck realizes the octobot can still beam most of his memories/soul/consciousness back to his body so he does that but it's not a full transfer and then it appears that Peter Parker dies in Doc Ock's body. In between that there's this lame kind of montage of Otto experiencing Peter's life as if he's Peter (basically Ock's head on Pete's body) as suddenly Otto learns the value of life and what it means to be a hero.

Avenging was just some recap of how everything went down since ASM 600, Otto boasting how better he'll be, he's still mixing up whether he's Otto or Peter, struggling to differentiate his memories from Parker's so that's the backdoor to if Peter will eventually take back full control and kick Otto out, he got back with MJ; kissing her, I love you's, upcoming date, no sex yet though, and then there's some self reflection on how much Peter could've done and then how much a failure Otto was since he always lost as he breaks in to one of his old labs and makes the Superior Spider-Man suit. Also for some reason in the beginning of that issue Spidey is some what seen as a criminal again since he's wanted for questioning for the death of Doc Ock, don't know why since it happened in front of Avenger's tower with a crowd around them. More anti-spidey security at Horizon

As far as criticisms I don't get how some ppl like MJ couldn't tell something was up with Pete. Saying stuff like "What now woman?!" is a clear give away imo :lol: The ending was dumb where Ock promises to be a hero and not harm Pete's loved ones. Not believable. Should've just left it as Pete's memories will lead him to doing that. I thought it wouldn't be believable on Pete's side but it was, he was dying in that body and couldn't do much. I can see why the die hard rabid fanatic Spidey fanboys will be outraged but this is just comics and it's not going to last forever. I'm not sold on the overall direction but I'm interested on where Slott takes Otto as Spidey. There are some cool things to look forward to if you want a Spidey that's a bit more cunning, serious in an entertaining way, more assertive with his genius; I feel this opens the door for stories that are a bit more cerebral in how they're told, and interesting in what Otto comes up with as a reluctant hero.

I didn't realize Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 also leaked. Epilogue to ASM#700. Just read it.

Long Live The Superior Spider-Man! :smokin

Should be next week. But my shop still doesn't have it on their list for next week though

niice! ill have to go check the shop in the next town over to see if they get it. would like to get that and see if i can find batman issues 13-15

Should be next week. But my shop still doesn't have it on their list for next week though

niice! ill have to go check the shop in the next town over to see if they get it. would like to get that and see if i can find batman issues 13-15

I'm just assuming that it should be next week since all the info I can find states that the first release would be late December.

wasn't a big week for me, just copped Thunderbolts #2 anddddd

it's off to a great start, has an intro on pg. 1 from Quentin Tarantino himself & will run for 6 issues :smokin

Back
Top Bottom