OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

just finished ASM #700 and well...idk what to say. i never read the spoilers that leaked on it...but i guess i have two weeks to decide if I wanna pick up SSM...did anyone get avenging spiderman 15.1? i decided to pass on it, but guess "Spidy" wasnt much different than he was in 700.

I for one thought ASM #700 was done tastefully and will be picking up SSM, I don't see why people are getting their panties in bunches about it.

The overreacting is always so weird to me especially from who I see it from. It's usually fans who've been reading the damn comics from the 60s or 70s, over 40 years old being all frantic about what happens in the comic as if they haven't been reading for that long. I'm thinking it might be different for me cuz I got in to this in the 90s, drifted away, and then caught up with the last 20+ years of comics. So I technically got to read the important stuff in one sitting. It's some stuff I didn't like, really didn't like, liked, and loved but nothing that made me say I'll stop reading this character's book forever over some fictional tale.

I just don't get it if you're an actual fan. I think ppl right talking about mental issues just aren't properly addressed in this country :lol:

last minute Christmas gift

kick-a** mothers FTW :smokin

Request for any of yall to give me a list of great independent comics that are already finished. Nothing that's ongoing (I'm probably already aware and really can't add more to what I'm currently reading). So basically stuff from Image, Dark Horse, Dynamite, IDW, etc. I just wanna match things up with my current list of books to get or already have.

Thanks in advance :pimp:

The overreacting is always so weird to me especially from who I see it from. It's usually fans who've been reading the damn comics from the 60s or 70s, over 40 years old being all frantic about what happens in the comic as if they haven't been reading for that long. I'm thinking it might be different for me cuz I got in to this in the 90s, drifted away, and then caught up with the last 20+ years of comics. So I technically got to read the important stuff in one sitting. It's some stuff I didn't like, really didn't like, liked, and loved but nothing that made me say I'll stop reading this character's book forever over some fictional tale.
I just don't get it if you're an actual fan. I think ppl right talking about mental issues just aren't properly addressed in this country :lol:

thats how i feel too. I got into comics as a kid in the 90s. I stopped for a long while and got back into it a few years ago(however living in Japan the last 3 years, I fell back behind) but with what happened in #700, it didnt bother me, It had me shocked, the more I read. I gotta see if my local shop still has any #700s left for a buddy in Germany, so I might pick up avenging 15.1 if they still have it.

nvm.

we all know by the time the amazing spiderman2 comes around, peter will somehow come back alive anyway :lol:

Last edited:
nvm.
we all know by the time the amazing spiderman2 comes around, peter will somehow come back alive anyway :lol:

Indeed...

http://insidepulse.com/2012/12/27/s...-last-for-more-than-a-year-poor-peter-parker/

In addition editor Stephen Wacker had this to say to USA Today:

“It’s also what the good part of our first year of Superior is about: Doc behaving in a manner he’s not accustomed to. We see a more sympathetic side of Doctor Octopus. We couldn’t have a Spider-Man who was running around murdering people. And I have no interest in seeing that sort of character win.”
So Doc Ock Spidey is here to stay for at least one year.

Well that coincides quite nicely with the next installment of the Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise set to hit the silver screem in 2014. So, Peter Parker is on vacation until 2014 in the Marvel Now comics?

Gotta love barnes and nobles. finally found ASM #698-699, All New X-men #2, and Nightwing #15.

Edit: ASM #700 Second Printing cover

Last edited:
Is Ock's metal arms coming out of his butt?
nvm.

I assume this but technically since nothing about Peter's appearance has changed and he's still going by the name in the story Marvel could still try to keep this going for 2 years or w/e.
Request for any of yall to give me a list of great independent comics that are already finished. Nothing that's ongoing (I'm probably already aware and really can't add more to what I'm currently reading). So basically stuff from Image, Dark Horse, Dynamite, IDW, etc. I just wanna match things up with my current list of books to get or already have.

:nerd:

Last edited:

Preacher
Y: The Last Man
Transmetropolitan
The Surrogates
The Losers
Priest
The Scott Pilgrim books are worth a read if you're into that sort of thing
100 Bullets
Fables
The Saviour

Don't know if any of those are independent or ongoing, but worth a read nonetheless

hella big comic mail day today/yesterday

Finally got #13-14 in to go with #15 i already had, im really liking this Death of the Family story.

Wanted this set for a long time now.

Got these for free with another order i made

And good ol Barnes and Nobles came through and I was able to catch up on a few missing issues I needed

Preacher
Y: The Last Man
Transmetropolitan
The Surrogates
The Losers
Priest
The Scott Pilgrim books are worth a read if you're into that sort of thing
100 Bullets
Fables
The Saviour

Don't know if any of those are independent or ongoing, but worth a read nonetheless
:pimp:

I'm pretty sure Fables is ongoing and after that I already have 4 of them but I'll check out the rest except for Scott Pilgrim.

Don't know how I didn't know about The Saviour when I have all of Millar's other work. Didn't know those other 2 movies were based on comics.

Last edited:
the django comic was very good, can't wait to read the others when they drop..

when will those be coming, release dates?

also, i am halfway done with AvX, it only ran for 12 issues right?

what are some other comics that are good? kinda dark would be nice, with good story and plenty of action.

thanks.

the django comic was very good, can't wait to read the others when they drop..

when will those be coming, release dates?

also, i am halfway done with AvX, it only ran for 12 issues right?

what are some other comics that are good? kinda dark would be nice, with good story and plenty of action.

thanks.
i didn't even know they were doing a Django comic, thanks for bringing it to my attention..

right now i'm in the middle of Preacher, you should check it out if you haven't already.

Priest is a Korean man-wah (I think that's what they're called :lol:). So much better than the movie they made
I realized that once I googled it. Put that aside on my long *** manga/manwha reading list. Didn't know there was a movie based on it (is it that vampire movie named Priest?). I was referring to The Losers and The Surrogates.

thanks.
"Kinda dark" is kinda vague but it did put me in a ballpark so I suggested stuff that don't have happy endings or are just dark as far as killing, content, themes/topics, and the overall feel/tone of the comic:

Preacher
The Walking Dead
The Watchmen
Punisher MAX
The Authority
Old Man Logan
Kick-*** and Kick-*** 2
Hit-Girl
Kingpin
MiracleMan/Marvelman
Nemesis
Powerless
Space Ghost
Space Punisher
Supercrooks
The Punisher (By Greg Rucka & Marco Checcetto)
Wanted

These are manga/manwha/Asian comics:
Hellsing
Monster
Basilisk
20th Century Boys
Devilman
Gyo
Uzumaki
Death Note
Black Lagoon
Blade of the Immortal
Holyland
Garouden
Baki Gaiden: Scarface
Grappler Baki
Baki: The Search Of Our Strongest Hero
Hanma Baki
Mirai Nikki
The Ravages Of Time
Berserk
Veritas
Liar Game
Übel Blatt
Ichi The Killer
Tough
Koukou Tekken-Den Tough
Crows
Worst
AIKI
Vinland Saga
Sidooh
Deadman Wonderland
Battle Royale
Vagabond
Hunter x Hunter
Shin Angyo Onshi (Blade of the Phantom Master)
Claymore
Ares
Akumetsu
Doubt

Last edited:
I realized that once I googled it. Put that aside on my long *** manga/manwha reading list. Didn't know there was a movie based on it (is it that vampire movie named Priest?). I was referring to The Losers and The Surrogates.

Yeah the one with Paul Bettany in it. Movie is straight doo doo

Back
Top Bottom