OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Went to my local shop for FCBD last Saturday. Got the DC, Marvel and Viz copies. Haven't read my copies though.

Can someone explain to me the difference between Justice League and Justice League of America? I assume it is like X-Comics where members are seen in different comics but they all tie in anyway.

Also who is the current flash? I hope it is Wally West, I love that guy.
What happened to John Stewart as the green lantern?

Can someone explain to me the difference between Justice League and Justice League of America? I assume it is like X-Comics where members are seen in different comics but they all tie in anyway.

Haven't been following bot but as far as I know both Justice League teams have different members. And JLA is like basically the anti-JL. They are somewhat government funded. Amanda Waller is in charge of the team. The JLA was basically created to match up with the JL thus the pairings like Batman (JL) is to Catwoman (JLA). Another example is Vibe (JLA) is to Flash (JL).

As for the current Flash, it's Barry Allen. Wally West is still MIA in the New 52.

I think Stewart is still a GL. I think I saw him on a cover of GLC a couple of months ago.

Nah it aint like the x-Men since the New52 reboot. Justice League was formed by the og members (except Martian Manhunter who was part of Stormwatch at the time) to face Darkseid and his minions. The group had a very stick to themselves mentality and were not willing to add any members so a guy like Green Arrow got the shaft and then they pretty much stopped working with the US gov't liaison. So the US gov't decided to form their on JL that could take out the OG group that was organized by Amanda Waller and that gov't liaison (forget his name atm). From my reading of JLA #1 that's basically they're purpose, fight specifically for America and Earth while being prepped to fight the JL if it comes to that. They don't really tie in with JL despite part of the reason for their forming but they will be in a crossover later this summer. The JL has just recently started adding new members as well.

Current Flash is Barry Allen, Wally West so far does not exist in the New52. John Stewart is in one of the GL books sharing it with Guy Gardener I think.

Well if Wally West is MIA who is the current Kid Flash?
Sorry. I am an X-Comic fan but deciding to give New 52 comics a chance. I like some of the Bat Comics from what I have read so far. I'll pass on the flash comics till Wally West gets back.

Last edited:
Im just confused on New52 because its a half reboot half renumber. Its like all the **** that has to do with Batman did not start over (nightwing, redhood, etc) their whole story is intact then some comics look like they did start over :/

Im just confused on New52 because its a half reboot half renumber. Its like all the **** that has to do with Batman did not start over (nightwing, redhood, etc) their whole story is intact then some comics look like they did start over :/

It's a confusing half baked reboot to say the least.

Well if Wally West is MIA who is the current Kid Flash?
Sorry. I am an X-Comic fan but deciding to give New 52 comics a chance. I like some of the Bat Comics from what I have read so far. I'll pass on the flash comics till Wally West gets back.

I think it's Bart Allen.

I thought JLA was basically Geoff Johns take on everything since he doesn't work on any of the other New 52 series anymore?

I could be very wrong tho :lol:

I thought JLA was basically Geoff Johns take on everything since he doesn't work on any of the other New 52 series anymore?

I could be very wrong tho :lol:
Well since leaving the GL books he's only on JL and JLA. He might get another book down the line. He's about to do that Trinity War crossover involving JLD with Lemire.

What's up guys, I have a question.

Can you reccommend me some graphic novels? Like a beginning middle and end book. Preferably spiderman or hulk. Wouldn't mind x-men.
Also like the flash.

I prefer darker stories, so if its a gritty story that'd be great.

I've just been out the comic game so long it's hard to find a starting point to get back in. So many alternate universes!

^IDK about any current graphic novels. Now is a great time to get back into comics with Marvel renumbering all their comics around a few story arcs and DC rebooting their entire franchise.

I would recommend Thanos Rising for something dark but it isnt finished. Its at issue 2 of 5. Also Marvel is slow at releasing trades. Avengers Vs X-Men and AvX consequences are what a lot of the Marvel stuff is centered around. The story just ended like 6 or 7 months ago.

What's up guys, I have a question.

Can you reccommend me some graphic novels? Like a beginning middle and end book. Preferably spiderman or hulk. Wouldn't mind x-men.
Also like the flash.

I prefer darker stories, so if its a gritty story that'd be great.

I've just been out the comic game so long it's hard to find a starting point to get back in. So many alternate universes!
Spidey:
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death of the Stacys
Birth of Venom
Son of the Goblin
Tangled Web: Flowers For Rhino
Revenge of the Green Goblin

Tons of other great ones.

Hulk:
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Incredibly Hulk Visionaries (all volumes by John Byrne, Peter David)
Return of the Monster
Future Imperfect
The End

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Mutant Massacre
Second Coming
The Dark Phoenix Saga
Messiah Complex
House of M
Son of M
Decimation
The Apocalypse Solution

Last edited:
Spidey:
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death of the Stacys
Birth of Venom
Son of the Goblin

Hulk:
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Return of the Monster
Future Imperfect
The End

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Mutant Massacre
Second Coming
The Dark Phoenix Saga
Messiah Complex
House of M
Son of M
Decimation
The Apocalypse Solution

This :smokin

Secret Avengers 4
Fearless Defenders 4
Alpha 4
Uncanny Avengers 8
Avengers 11
Avengers Arena 9
Avenging Spidey 20
Avengers Assemble 15
The Walking Dead 110

Last edited:
Just wanna give a heads up: BEDLAM IS AWESOME. That is all. Peace.

Spidey:
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death of the Stacys
Birth of Venom
Son of the Goblin

Hulk:
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Return of the Monster
Future Imperfect
The End

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Mutant Massacre
Second Coming
The Dark Phoenix Saga
Messiah Complex
House of M
Son of M
Decimation
The Apocalypse Solution

Those X-Men titles are mostly story arcs (did not know that is what you meant). Not standalone stories.

Did anyone hit up FCBD? I was in Vegas and completely forgot. Lots of stuff I would have picked up.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981

Whatever happened to Danger Club... nothings come out in months

This is true :smh: I loved Danger Club. I think I recommended it more than once in here.

Danger Club #5 dropped on April 17th

Danger Club #6 won't drop until September

http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5180/Danger-Club-6

Just wanna give a heads up: BEDLAM IS AWESOME. That is all. Peace.

Yes it is :smokin

Spidey:
Kraven's Last Hunt
Death of the Stacys
Birth of Venom
Son of the Goblin

Hulk:
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
Return of the Monster
Future Imperfect
The End

X-Men:
God Loves, Man Kills
Mutant Massacre
Second Coming
The Dark Phoenix Saga
Messiah Complex
House of M
Son of M
Decimation
The Apocalypse Solution

Those X-Men titles are mostly story arcs (did not know that is what you meant). Not standalone stories.
Story arcs are stand alone stories though. That's basically what most graphic novels are today in regards to superheroes that have ongoing titles. Everything else is just alt reality stuff. That's why they tend to get collected in tpb and hardcovers.

Back
Top Bottom