OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Wait, so A+X #7 DID drop yesterday??
My shop never received and when I asked about they said it didn't come out.

What is the A+X series about?

I guess the best way to put it is that it's just mash ups, like Hulk and Wolverine or Captain America and Cable, there's no real plot, it's not canon with any of the series, I guess it's just fan service.

Entertaining stories, but not worth reading if you're looking for a storyline

Anyone else read Locke & Key?

It's the only book I really follow now and I'd like to hear someone else's thoughts on it.

Also does anyone else do the Marvel AR stuff. The writer of the comic book said thAYEnos several times in the video in the AR on the last page. I thought it was thAHnos. Also is Namor pronounced nAYEmor or nAHmor?

I downloaded a lot of issues in one giant torrent. I looked around randomly and I have to say I wasnt feeling it. The Alice in Wonderland stories are the best ones imo and they are still not that good.

YES! YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

sorry....

Wait, so A+X #7 DID drop yesterday??
My shop never received and when I asked about they said it didn't come out.
Never dropped but it was listed.
Also does anyone else do the Marvel AR stuff. The writer of the comic book said thAYEnos several times in the video in the AR on the last page. I thought it was thAHnos. Also is Namor pronounced nAYEmor or nAHmor?
Don't do the AR stuff but I pronounce it like what I just put in bold.

In comic circles, there's always what I think are silly disputes about how a name is pronounced like DarkSIDE or DarkSEED and ConstanTINE or CostanTEEN :lol:

When hearing creators talk and name names I have been put off when it's revealed how they think a name is pronounced.

Marvel had a Superior Spider-Week this past week where they announced something new for the Spidey franchise like everyday.

1st image is for the big change starting in Superior Spider-Man #9
2nd image is for the new book launching called Superior foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer about the new Sinister Six or the recent ones that showed up in Superior.
3rd image is for the upcoming Superior Carnage mini based on Carnage's new status quo after Minimum Carnage
4th image is for the upcoming arc/possible Spidey summer event where he takes on the Kingpin in Shadowland
5th image is that Avenging Spider-Man will be renamed and relaunched as Superior Spider-Man Team-Up where first story he teams up with the entire Marvel Universe.

Last edited:
Good looking out.

Comic book store said they could find the Scottie Young Variant of Thanos Rising for me and it would cost only $1 above retail. Is it only going to be 5 issues? How many issues is Ultron going to be? Issue 1 comes out tomorrow.

Looks like the next 4 issues of Uncanny Avengers is coming out every two weeks starting tomorrow (6-8 and 8AU)

All New X-Men looks to be skipping an issue. 11 is due out in 3 weeks instead of next week :frown:

Marvel Comics' JULY 2013 Solicitations
Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for July, 2013
Image Comics Solicitations for July, 2013
Dynamite Comics On Sale April 17

Avenging Spidey 19
Ultron 1 AU
Age of Ultron 5
Alpha - Big Time 3
F4 6
Uncanny Avengers 6
Avengers 9
Fearless Defenders 3
Avengers Arena 7
Secret Avengers 3
Avengers Assemble 14 AU
The Walking Dead 109
Good looking out.

Comic book store said they could find the Scottie Young Variant of Thanos Rising for me and it would cost only $1 above retail. Is it only going to be 5 issues? How many issues is Ultron going to be? Issue 1 comes out tomorrow.

Looks like the next 4 issues of Uncanny Avengers is coming out every two weeks starting tomorrow (6-8 and 8AU)

All New X-Men looks to be skipping an issue. 11 is due out in 3 weeks instead of next week :frown:
Thanos Rising is just a mini so yeah only 5 issues. Age of Ultron has already started and is gonna be 10 issues. Ultron 1 AU is just a single one shot kind of story issue about Ultron's son, Victor Mancha. I knew UA would eventually make up for the one month they missed.

Marvel Comics On Sale April 17, 2013

Last edited:
Nova 3
Dark Avengers 189
AoU 6
Superior Spidey 8
Thunderbolts 8
Daredevil 25
DD End of Days 7
Captain Marvel 12
Venom 34
Batwoman 19

Venom and Daredevil were the books of the week for me. So great. From the art of Samnee and Shalvey to the writing of Bunn and Waid, gotta love it.

It might sound biased cuz i work 4 image but saga is the most amazing thing i ever read... Knocked it out over the weekend...

Clone.. Redicilously corny... Calm down guys y you so tense?!!!

Manhattan projects is awesome... I love hickman

It might sound biased cuz i work 4 image but saga is the most amazing thing i ever read... Knocked it out over the weekend...

Clone.. Redicilously corny... Calm down guys y you so tense?!!!

Manhattan projects is awesome... I love hickman

You ain't being biased fambs. Saga really is :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom