OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Alright. I wasnt sure. It made no business sense to me or any sense at all since its marvel experimental universe. They take risks they are not sure about in ultimate universe and it translates to movies and 616 if successful

Do they ever explain why Martian Manhunter is gone. I read JL 1-12. Waiting on the trade for 13-17 but I still picked up 18 on.

From my understanding the League has been together for 5 ish years? Issues 1-6 was the origin story and issue 7 (the start of the graves story arc takes place 5 years later)

Young Avengers 5
Uncanny Avengers 8AU
Journey Into Mystery 652
Superior Spidey 10
Avengers 12
Daredevil 26
Fantastic Four 8
Scarlet Spidey 17
A+X 8
Fearless Defenders 4AU

Do they ever explain why Martian Manhunter is gone. I read JL 1-12. Waiting on the trade for 13-17 but I still picked up 18 on.

From my understanding the League has been together for 5 ish years? Issues 1-6 was the origin story and issue 7 (the start of the graves story arc takes place 5 years later)
From my understanding since they rebooted the whole DC universe with the New 52 Martian Manhunter has never been apart of the JL. They've been established for 5 years like you said and he was never on the team. Instead it was Cyborg.

So during that time he isn't gone, he just isn't on that team, he was on Stormwatch then he recently left them and joined the JLA.

I figure they did it to add some color to their most popular team since they took out John Stewart as GL and brought back Hal for the reboot. I didn't really get it cuz imo J'onnz being a shapeshifter, they could've made his human identity a black guy but w/e.

Last edited:
IDK if you are reading the books it looks like in one of the Graves issues he was part of the team then they started fighting him with no explanation. Batman simply says "remember the last time we let someone in the team" when contemplating if they should add new members to the team then they showed a flashback to them fighting MM. Then in todays issue, when he fought despero he said "last time we fought I played under the JL's rules, but not this time"

The Atom kept saying that the last time JL fought Despero they lost "and that was with Martian Manhunter on the team"

They'll prolly explain in later issues of JL or JLA

Haven't been reading and keeping up. All I knew was that for some reason they were very guarded and standoffish about letting anybody new on the team, didn't want to work with the gov't and only until recently did they start inviting new members and planning on expanding the team.

This is probably my favorite scottie young to date

It would've been cooler if the boys were their love interest but whateva, no complaints

Last edited:
Never heard of him, but I like what I've seen after a quick Google search.
are his prints for sale, and actually affordable? Wouldn't mind having a couple framed

Skottie Young Variants are usually 1 in 10 so they aren't expensive at all. $4-10 depending on the comic. He said there would be 35 in all. This is one of the last.

Yah. I want that
I like the 50th anniv just as much:

Other variants

Dodson:

Limited Edition:

Deadpool:

Manara:

Priority goes to the Skottie Young since the only one I was able to get was Avengers Arena and I had no intent of following that comic

Now hopefully Wood can make a good story. Out of all the X-Men writers (Bendis, Humphries, Remender, etc) he is the weakest by far. His work is average on a "good" issue.

I've always been a psylocke fan! that's the main reason I want to get this. and the x force arc she's in.

but that age of apocalypse variant is a must as well. loved all the concepts for the character in that comic

Psylocke is a fan favorite. I wish she could do more with her Psy beams. It seems like charging a sword is all she does. She has so much potential.

This is probably my favorite scottie young to date

It would've been cooler if the boys were their love interest but whateva, no complaints
Some of them are/were.
Now hopefully Wood can make a good story. Out of all the X-Men writers (Bendis, Humphries, Remender, etc) he is the weakest by far. His work is average on a "good" issue.
I disagree. Have you read his other work?; Mara, Star Wars, The Massive, etc.

I'd say right now Humphries is the weakest and Remender isn't a X writer anymore unless you're counting Uncanny Avengers.

Last edited:
That one just got released today and will be another variant available for purchase when X-Men #1 is out next week (or in 2 weeks).

^yes I am counting Uncanny Avengers. And I am speaking strictly of X-Stories. You can write a good book and a terrible one (many avengers fans hate Bendis's Avengers work). Im sure Wood's work would be appreciated elsewhere. And yes some of the boys are/were love interest. I should've specified whaf i meant.

That artist rendition of AoA storm tho! I may grab both for once.

Last edited:
^yes I am counting Uncanny Avengers. And I am speaking strictly of X-Stories. You can write a good book and a terrible one (many avengers fans hate Bendis's Avengers work). Im sure Wood's work would be appreciated elsewhere. And yes some of the boys are/were love interest. I should've specified whaf i meant.
If you're just talking X stories period then Wood is far from the weakest. See Chuck Austen or Lobdell.

Even amongst Wood's X-Men stuff all he has is some Generation X, a Wolverine & the X-Men Mini, Ultimate X-Men, and his short X-Men stint.

But everything aint for everybody, Bendis just started as well so I wouldn't go jumping to conclusion to say he's the best right now. Main reason you see Avengers fans hate his run is because many feel he outwore his welcome by a few years.

I'm reading X-books in trade right now so for me the majority of the books have started strong, some more gripping than others but nothing terrible but going off titles for me Humphries had the most to live up to and he hasn't yet. If we're counting Uncanny Avengers, that first Red Skull arc was terribad. From the art to the writing. Felt like it was a different Remender. I've adjusted and appreciated the narration now but that was a super shaky start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom