OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Oh well then that changes a lot of that last convo.

I don't think he's the worst but he has been slipping lately. His Hulk was just okay, his W&TX gets mixed reviews from what I've seen, and right now his best work has been Thor. I liked W&TX at first but meh now. When he was on Wolverine it was pretty good.

He's kinda praised in Marvel as one of their architects. I think it's him that's spearheaded the upcoming Battle of the Atom crossover x-event.

^I looked through some of my comics. Wood wrote Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega series (which is actually pretty good) which is why I got it twisted. Aaron though :x

Just saw Superman. It was a really good movie. Nowhere near as good as Batman. It is much better than the X-Men crap, better than Cpt. America I would say. Wether or not it is as good as Iron Man 1 is a matter of opinion but it is in that ballpark. Don't ask me to compare it to the Avengers. I did not like that movie as much as everyone else.

The actors and actresses for Faora Ul and preteen Superman were the most convincing.

Last edited:
Morbius 6
Superior Spidey 12
New Avengers 7
Avengers 14
Uncanny Avengers 9
Age of Ultron 10 (finale, meh)
Fantastic 4 9
A+X 9
Captain Marvel 13
Indestructible Hulk 9
Invincible 103
Batwoman 21

I'd say Uncanny Avengers or New Avengers were the best for me this past week :smokin

Last edited:
Birthday landed on a Wednesday, still can't afford to empty out my box but I set aside some money for this, so my gift to myself :pimp:

Ordering the Hastings one too

The Hastings one is Manhattan in-store exclusive only :frown:
Anyone still looking for this skottie young variant, this store has it http://www.staycollected.com/
If not call 8178451722 I think they do phone orders

Deadpool Kills Deadpool 1
Venom 37
What If? AvX 1
Avengers 15
Avengers A.I. 1
Thunderbolts 12
Red She-Hulk 67 (final issue)
Daredevil Dark Nights 2
Superior Foes of Spider-Man 1

Last edited:
It's been a minute since I've dropped in, no new comics, I'm throwing in the towel, my schedule has gotten so busy I had to end my subscription at my shop and drop the hobby all together, bummer really.

I just wish I had more time to devote to this, it really is a passion to me, it was nice talking comics with you guys, but I'm out.

^ :frown:

Just came back from london and got all my comics. Anyway did some catching up but still have a little more to do.

I got Secret Avengers 5 and 6 but I forgot what happened in 1-4 since there was a gap between 4 and me finally getting 5.

Are they bringing back Nightcrawler or is that some alt universe Nightcrawler?

Last edited:
It's been a minute since I've dropped in, no new comics, I'm throwing in the towel, my schedule has gotten so busy I had to end my subscription at my shop and drop the hobby all together, bummer really.

I just wish I had more time to devote to this, it really is a passion to me, it was nice talking comics with you guys, but I'm out.
Go Digital

Trust me

It takes 5 minutes to get all your comics weekly on comixolgy. I get rids of my 30 minute to the shop drive then 30 minutes back and so many other issues I had with Comics.
You get comics in 5 minutes read in 20 then keep moving. Don't drop this habit because of time constraints

GO DIGITAL

Last edited:
Is anyone going to Comic-Con?

If you could pick me up this poster I would owe you one.

This would also be cool but I am more concerned about the poster!

They are sold in booth 2329

Edit: NVM, the poster is $150 :frown:

Last edited:
Damn. Just read what if AvX.... if Thor and Ms. Marvel had a piece of the phoenix force.... Good Lawd!

Last edited:
Don't think you'll need to read Infinity to get on board with Inhumanity. It's gonna be like Dark Reign and the Heroic Age. I'm pretty sure Fraction's Inhuman book will tell you all you need to know about what caused it in regards to what happens in Infinity.

Probably what I will end up doing. But I always feel like I missed something when I don't read the event that leads to a new comics creation. I never get the references

can anyone give me key notes to dark reign. I started reading then just stopped. now not as interested

can anyone give me key notes to dark reign. I started reading then just stopped. now not as interested
Norman Osborn is made top cop dealing with all super powered crime after killing the skrull queen in the skrull secret invasion by Bush or Obama I forget. He has a list of ppl he wants to kill like Nick Fury, Bruce Banner, the Punisher (he wants to kill Osborn), among others, makes his own Avengers team, outlaws the other Avengers so they're on the run, etc. This goes on for like a year. A lot happens so its hard to summarize. In the end Cap America is alive and Siege happens which involves Norman's cabal, him going crazy, him going after Thor and Asgardia due to Loki manipulating him.

Avengers 16
Thanos Rising 4
Avengers Assemble 17
Morbius 7
Superior Carnage 1
A+X 10
Nova 6
FF 9
F4 10
Thunderbolts 13
What If? AvX 2

so he gets beat up/ dethroned?
His side loses on all fronts after the Sentry goes crazy on everyone and Thor is forced to "kill" him, then Norman goes Green Goblin crazy after Loki betrays him on national television and Captain America becomes top cop which ushers in the Heroic Age.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom