OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Mighty Avengers by Al Ewing & Greg Land out this September.

MIGHTY AVENGERS Creative Team, Details Revealed

Last edited:
I have been reading AoA. Technically the book is a time paradox.
Legion goes back in time to kill Magneto, ends up killing Xavier. Xavier dies, that means legion never existed (something the book acknowledged when he accidentally killed his dad). That means no one was born to kill Magneto or Xavier. That means he lives. But since he lives the whole process starts over. Technically they should be in an infinite loop of those events happening.

Dynamite Comics On Sale June 12

DC Comics Solicitations for September, 2013

I have been reading AoA. Technically the book is a time paradox.
Legion goes back in time to kill Magneto, ends up killing Xavier. Xavier dies, that means legion never existed (something the book acknowledged when he accidentally killed his dad). That means no one was born to kill Magneto or Xavier. That means he lives. But since he lives the whole process starts over. Technically they should be in an infinite loop of those events happening.
That's not how it works at all. Legion went back in time to kill Magneto and ended up killing his dad, from the second he went back in time and changed **** he created a divergent alternate timeline where Xavier is dead and he is never born but the Legion that killed his father is from a timeline where his father is alive and he is born so he'll still exist to create the AoA timeline.

That's just how it works in the MU. Paradoxes only exist when they're specifically written in a way in where the paradox ends up becoming a time loop or being destroyed.

Last edited:
^Alright cool. Makes sense except for the part where he vanishes because he killed his dad. No need to vanish if you are from an alternate universe where you exist.

Anyway Infinity Nova
NOVA2013008_COV.jpg

What exactly could Nova do to The Mighty Thanos? Die?

Nova probably just gonna get beat down after interfering with Thanos' army. Then I think former members of the New Warriors will show up to help.
^Alright cool. Makes sense except for the part where he vanishes because he killed his dad. No need to vanish if you are from an alternate universe where you exist.
I don't know if you finished yet but him vanishing has to do with the mistake he just made, killing his father and if I remember right M'Kran crystal. From the start it shows Legion with complete control over his powers and that's usually not the case, killing his pops messed him up but the crystal I believe plays a big part too and I can see how anyone can get lost on that cuz once the AoA issues start there's 100s of them until it wraps up and you get back to the story that started this in the 616 with Legion and how he affects that universe.

Was Superman: Unchained supposed to come with something?

I heard a poster but I didn't get **** in mines :lol:

So it IS a poster that comes with Superman Unchained, problem?

IT'S A ******G PAGE OF THE COMIC.

Nothing important on it, but it is a part of it, but overall good read, promising series, main reason I picked it up is because Jim Lee is THAT dude.

I forgot the names of these artist can someone help me out

dscott_animation.gif

Who did the first rogue sketch and the first hope sketch in the second set of images?

I forgot the names of these artist can someone help me out

dscott_animation.gif

Who did the first rogue sketch and the first hope sketch in the second set of images?
I think Mark Brooks or Mahmud Arsar. I see some Terry Dodson in there I think and others I've seen in weekly artist alley posts I check for. Pics are a bit too small for me to be 100.

EDIT- Plenty Paolo Rivera in there as well.
So it IS a poster that comes with Superman Unchained, problem?

IT'S A ******G PAGE OF THE COMIC.

Nothing important on it, but it is a part of it, but overall good read, promising series, main reason I picked it up is because Jim Lee is THAT dude.
Jeez, it's a 3 pg fold out cover not a poster. Nothing to be mad about.

Last edited:
^You are right about mark brooks. There are some terry dodsons in there but its hot who drew hope. This happense to me all the time. The name will pop into my head randomly when I dont need it.

read a bit in store almost made me want to collect from 1
No need. Although there have been a few good issues, nothing on this level! Glad to see this is finally getting good.

Also the last few issues of Cable and the X-Force have been good too

EDIT: NVM Just skimmed through 1-5. if you want to go back to issue 1 these issues are hit and miss but mostly hit. Nothing on this level though. Wouldnt be a bad investment if you aint struggling.

Last edited:
Also another disappointing issue of wolverine and the X-Men. Only appeal this comic has is it crosses over with other x-comics and not even enough. I'm dropping that book. Wood sucks. and I hope he doesn't ruin X-Men Vol 4

Last edited:
Also another disappointing issue of wolverine and the X-Men. Only appeal this comic has is it crosses over with other x-comics and not even enough. I'm dropping that book. Wood sucks. and I hope he doesn't ruin X-Men Vol 4
Wait what? Are you just saying two different things or do you think Brian Wood writes Wolverine & the X-Men?

My recent trade of it wasn't all that good, stuff dealing with that circus.

^My bad I had it twisted. I've been saying wood when I ment Aaron. That was prolly part of the confusion last time I said that.

Back
Top Bottom