OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Punisher appearance in Secret Wars was perfection. :pimp:

One frame > all the recent runs on his comic

Do you guys still read mostly superhero comics from DC & Marvel?

Post-convergence and Secret Wars, I'm dropping DC and Marvel books like crazy. I read a lot, but weighing them against the good Image books these days....not even a tough decision.
Anyone else loving this Image revolution we are witnessing? :pimp: :pimp: Creator owned books >>>>
I know ppl love to champion indie books and Image especially like they're the best thing the medium has to offer (reminds me of manga fans) but to me it's been so much better just waiting for series to end with them. I've been burned in the past with creators not having editors to make them meet demands and having to wait even longer to read books. Plus Image just isn't always on point with trades. I can't do the monthly wait anymore with them so I'd rather be late to the party in catching up with work from Millar, Lemire, Fraction, Kirkman, Vaughan, Remender, Brubaker, etc. Not to mention the Image president just annoys me with how he tries to bring attention to his company.

I like to keep in mind from a business perspective that without Marvel and DC the comics medium will die which is a fact unless 3 other companies pop up to bring in just as much money and attention which isn't happening any time soon.

Ever since Marvel introduced double shipping and stuck to it while also delivering titles I'm still interested in I highly doubt I'll be completely dropping them any time soon. I'm not one of those comic fans that'll cry I'm ditching an entire company if they do something I don't like and I don't overreact to announcements or complain about change like others tend to.
That one issue of Punisher, when he rolled up in that family's house who were making kiddy pron. He took the parents in the basement, and shot both of them in the head while the kids sat upstairs watching TV.
What issue is this?
I think it happened in a Punisher MAX title most likely by Ennis. Possibly the regular Punisher comic by Ennis though. I have no idea what issue.

Last edited:
so im watching Guardians of the galaxy,
what were peoples complaints with this??

I thought it was a good movie.

but I think I remember someone saying something about nebula or drax not being that stupid or something

but I think I remember someone saying something about nebula or drax not being that stupid or something

People forget that each comic or movie is simply one interpretation of the characters. They don't enjoy that interpretation and then trash the movie for "ruining characters".

Personally I've never enjoyed a Guardians of the Galaxy comic and I loved the film :pimp:

It was good overall I thought. Just not nearly as great as a lot of other people thought it was. I didn't care for the soundtrack in terms of the film itself and don't think they did a good enough job establishing the relationships between the team members. The Nova Corps also being made up entirely of humans (Human-looking aliens/humanoids, but we all know what I mean) was also annoying. Just a missed opportunity honestly. There was a LOT of comedy in my opinion, which I wasn't necessarily expecting, but at the same time is part of the reason that the movie was so well received by the masses. Too much for me personally, but it worked towards the film's success and seeing as this was a film utilizing characters that the average person hadn't ever even head of beforehand I see why they went this route. In terms of the character personality's themselves though I didn't really have any complaints. Ronin was wasted as a villain though.

Ronin that's it.
what was the difference?
is he a beast in the comics or something?

I was actually speaking more in terms of long-term character use. They just killed him off, the same way they've done every single villain so far save for Loki. But yeah, he's definitely more of a beast in the comics. In fact, if you left the theater and thought that character wasn't a beast they did him a disservice lol just an all around waste of him in my opinion.

Watched Guardians with zero expectations but left very entertained. No gripes with it. I have learned to just accept a few character principles represented in each film and not expect comic character replication.

I'm genuinely confused by the new Batman Beyond. They took a long-popular character in Terry Mcginnis, killed him off, and replaced him with Tim Drake? And not even modern day Tim, but a version from five years in the future. Whose idea was this?

I'm genuinely confused by the new Batman Beyond. They took a long-popular character in Terry Mcginnis, killed him off, and replaced him with Tim Drake? And not even modern day Tim, but a version from five years in the future. Whose idea was this?

Unfortunately this didn't just come out of nowhere...

It came from a painful 48 issue series Futures End. I'll happily explain how it went down, but trust me, it won't help.

It came from a painful 48 issue series Futures End. I'll happily explain how it went down, but trust me, it won't help.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

May as well, but damn this is terrible. I don't even hate Tim Drake or anything, but there's only one Batman Beyond. Makes me glad I avoided Future's End. In general, there are few major events from either DC or Marvel that I find myself liking these days.

We should start a little discussion group on some of the books a lot of us read or pick some classic stories/runs.

Any interest?

We should start a little discussion group on some of the books a lot of us read or pick some classic stories/runs.

Any interest?

I'd be down. Been looking into picking up some older comics anyways.

Just picked this up so I can really get started on attaining all of **** Grayson's collected adventures.

On another note I actually enjoyed reading Thors. Nice take on crime fighting.
Yeah it's a real police procedural in comic form. The structure was really established in just 1 issue while also setting up the story.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

May as well, but damn this is terrible. I don't even hate Tim Drake or anything, but there's only one Batman Beyond. Makes me glad I avoided Future's End. In general, there are few major events from either DC or Marvel that I find myself liking these days.
Yeah, I wasn't reading the previous BB series but I tried the sneak peek issue thing and was not feeling what I was reading.

I never did waste my time reading Future's End though.

Any interest?
Suggest a comic series or run or classic.

Hope it's good :nerd:

Last edited:
Nice collection dreamer23 dreamer23
I just bought the Incredible Hulk Future Imperfect trade. I recommend it.
Also it's about 10.50 plus shipping on Walmart.com if you got orders to combine for free shipping.

Last edited:
Nice collection dreamer23 dreamer23
I just bought the Incredible Hulk Future Imperfect trade. I recommend it.
Also it's about 10.50 plus shipping on Walmart.com if you got orders to combine for free shipping.

nice...good look on the recommendation...need to step my hulk game up...he's such a dope character...

Back
Top Bottom