**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

d8e00473-b1bf-4878-82bb-6eb295257616.Full.jpg

AMARU, LUIS, CRAFTSY where did ya watch the game?
I also watched it online, I wasted to much money watching the Dodger game on Saturday. Plus the local bar had raised the praises from 20 to 40.

This is the first time I watched a Live stream. It was superb!! I love my ps3, watched it on my big screen. Great picture, I was amazed. Commentatorsucked!!!!

USA rumbo a Sur Africa. I want to see a good game on Weds.

The Argentina and Uruguay game is going to be bananas.

WOW.... horrible news for the USMNT today. Our prayers are with you Charlie...

Source:

USA NEWS
Davies escapes fatal car crash
By Soccernet staff

October 13, 2009
Comment
Email
Print
United States forward Charlie Davies was injured in a deadly single-car accident in Virginia early on Tuesday.

GettyImages

Davies plays for Sochaux in Ligue 1

Davies, 23, was in a stable condition having surgery and his undisclosed injuries were not considered life-threatening, said US soccer spokesman Neil Buethe,adding that a person in the car was killed.

"As a team we were saddened to learn this news," U.S. coach Bob Bradley told reporters. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Charlie andCharlie's family as well as the people in the car and the families of the others involved."

Buethe said the accident occurred at about 0315 local time on the Virginia side of the George Washington Parkway. He was unable to say if Davies was the driveror a passenger.

The U.S., who have already clinched a place at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa, face Costa Rica on Wednesday at RFK Stadium in Washington in theirfinal qualifier.

Davies, who also plays for French Ligue 1 side Sochaux, has made 17 appearances for the U.S., scoring four goals.

Just heard on the radio about the accident...crazy how life can turn in an instant for anybody, hopefully the kid will be alright in the long term...and forthe person who died, my condolences for the family of the person.

i just read that he was the passenger, not the driver. They also said his injuries COULD be career ending. That sucks man... His MNT career was on the rightpath.

oh man those pictures do not make me feel good about him making a return anytime soon.
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
otherhalfofSUV.JPG

halfofSUV.JPG

U.S. MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM FORWARD CHARLIE DAVIES OUT OF SUGERY AND IN SERIOUS BUT STABLE CONDITION

Davies Suffered Broken Tibia and Femur, Elbow Fracture and Laceration of Bladder

WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 13, 2009) - U.S. National Soccer Team forward Charlie Davies is in serious but stable condition and resting following several hours ofsurgery at Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C. to treat injuries suffered in a one-car accident on the George Washington Parkway early Tuesdaymorning in Northern Virginia.

Davies suffered a lacerated bladder and fractures to the tibia and femur bones in his right leg. He also suffered facial fractures and a left elbow fracture.Davies was air-lifted to the hospital where a team of doctors first repaired a ruptured bladder and then inserted titanium rods in both the tibia, the bone inthe lower leg, and the femur, which is the thigh bone, with no complications. Davies will be hospitalized for at least a week and additional surgeries will berequired to stabilize his left elbow fracture and possibly the facial fractures.

"Injuries of this nature usually require a recovery period of six to 12 months and extensive rehabilitation," said U.S. Soccer physician Dr. DanKalbac, who is with the team in D.C. and collaborated with the treating doctors. "Due to Charlie's fitness level, his prognosis for recovery and hisability to resume high-level competition is substantially improved."

Davies is in Washington, D.C. with the U.S. National Team as the squad prepares for its final 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, taking place tomorrowagainst Costa Rica at RFK Stadium.

Davies, who has played 17 matches for the USA while scoring four goals, started and played 78 minutes in the USA's 3-2 victory over Honduras in San PedroSula last Saturday that clinched a berth for the United States to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

-ussoccer.com

frown.gif

%#!*!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to interrupt, but does any one have any good websites to watch Argentina's game tomorrow? Thank you so much...

Damm Sad news about Davies. I hope he recovers well. Dude was going to be the future along with Altidore up top.

Not even in the mood to watch the game tonight, but I will.

Hopefully we kill Costa Rica. Rip to his girlfriend that die in the accident. God bless the family.

We gotta win this tonight for Charlie. !$!# the ticos, we gonna do our part to send Honduras through directly.

^^^TRU DAT. *&$% TICOS. They beat us bad one night in San Jose a couple of months ago. It time to pay back the favor.

^ That just would have made it even worse. It will be real interesting to see how the boys come out and play tonight.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Sorry to interrupt, but does any one have any good websites to watch Argentina's game tomorrow? Thank you so much...

yeah go to rojadirecta.com , on the front page just look for Uruguay-Argentina and it'll give you links

Hoping for a draw between U.S and Costa Rica and that El Salvador does the same with Honduras. I still remember all the talking the Catrachos did when theywere #1 for a few days and now they can end up 4th. Costa Rica is the only team in Central America who keeps it civilized when Mexico plays them. Respect forthat

and get better soon Davies.

I hope every players step it up 2 extra notches and get this win for Chuck Deezy.

We also got to win to help out Honduras, they made an extra fan in me for the class the team and the fans showed after the game.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I hope every players step it up 2 extra notches and get this win for Chuck Deezy.

We also got to win to help out Honduras, they made an extra fan in me for the class the team and the fans showed after the game.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

great game man... still not forgiving Pavon for that !*%!!!
mad.gif

Honduras will be alright thou.. and anybody who think ES is just gonna roll over and let Honduras win IN CUSTACLAN just doesnt know what theyre talking about..its gonna be one hell of a battle.. "two gladiators gladiating it out"
laugh.gif

only team who gets flat out no respect from Honduras(or any central american team at that) win or lose is mexico.. not talking trash.. its just the truth.

my prayers go out to Davies thou..
frown.gif

hope he recovers well.

Originally Posted by CruzAzul9

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

yeah go to rojadirecta.com , on the front page just look for Uruguay-Argentina and it'll give you links

Hoping for a draw between U.S and Costa Rica and that El Salvador does the same with Honduras. I still remember all the talking the Catrachos did when they were #1 for a few days and now they can end up 4th. Costa Rica is the only team in Central America who keeps it civilized when Mexico plays them. Respect for that

and get better soon Davies.

Hey thanks a lot! I appreciate it
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom