**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

It would be nice to finish first, but it really doesn't matter now... we are guaranteed a spot in S Africa. I also think the U.S won't have it easy vsCosta Rica.. I'm expecting a 2-2 draw, and Mexico will continue it's unbeaten streak (minus the friendly) and win @ Trinidad

first of all i would like to say that pavon thanks for messing up, i have been saying for the past year that you my friend are a punk when you score its causeyou are a lazy dude that hangs around the goal. 2nd we all know that goal was good (you know what im talking about). 3rd im sure costa rica will win on the14th.

USA trending topic in twitter
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

now that E.S is out, im pretty sure they will let honduras beat them on Wed.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
Have you lost your damn mind?!? There is no chance in hell ES will let Honduras celebrate a World Cup Birth in Cuscatlan...sorry to say this bud, butyou guys are headed to the playoff game and most likely done. Great chokejob Honduras....again.
laugh.gif

USA congrats...huge, huge victory and glad to see one happy ending today I guess. Give em Hell in Africa next year.

Let me just get this post out of the way by saying, I *@$+#$! LOVE you C.Casey. I dont know why people criticized you and wanted you off the team, but me myfriend always had faith in you and I just knew you were made for these tough,hostile,almost impossible to win games. I poured a beer out for your honor, Mr.Clutchness, I love you. (yes #%+$).

CaseyUSFlag.jpg

My fellow American fans you would not imagine where I watched the game. There was only three places showing the game here in Dallas and at Pizza Hut Park inFrisco, but that *%*+ is just too far away. So i went to the restaurant closest to my crib which is in North Oak Cliff (Dallas biggest 'hood), so i waslike cool nothing but mexicans live here anyways, boy was I +*#@@!* wrong. All these hondurans in Dallas came out of the woodworks, as soon as i got inside(they used a club for the game) I have never in my life seen so my honduran people. It was possibly the most uncomfortable ive ever felt, I went with my pops(mexico fan) but was cheering for The Red, White, and Blue for this game, we were easily outnumbered 400+ to 2, when were scored I was doing to Kobe fist pumpon the low key.

Congrats to the USMNT, my fellow fans, and everyone else, we made it we going to south africa. im not even gonna criticize on what we did wrong, lets justenjoy this win.

AMARU, LUIS, CRAFTSY where did ya watch the game?

carlos pavon I always knew you had it in you.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

when were scored I was doing to Kobe fist pump on the low key.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've had to pull this one off before, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

When I went to Dallas 2 years back there were definitely some rough areas I had NO idea about, this might have been one of them.

marionthebarberian wrote:

carlos pavon I always knew you had it in you.

I had to stay home and watch it on a stream
frown.gif
. Couldn't get one#@+@!$% person to go with me (1 hour drive for me) to Home Depot Center which was closest for me. I wish I would have been with fellow Americans to celebratebut whatever. I still went crazy when we scored and was scared as @!+* we were going to blow it.

That's the pavon I learned to dislike on the Galaxy
laugh.gif

I'm still pissed that he missed the penalty
mad.gif
. We still have two more chances to make it but it definitely isn't going to be easy in either game.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

mad.gif
. We still have two more chances to make it but it definitely isn't going to be easy in either game.

you have one game left. as long as we don't lose to CR you guys should be fine. If you can't beat an eliminated team in a do or die game then youdon't deserve to go to WC.

Originally Posted by socluis90

mad.gif

you have one game left. as long as we don't lose to CR you guys should be fine. If you can't beat an eliminated team in a do or die game then you don't deserve to go to WC.

Damn Luis, you know better.

We aren't a terrible team and Honduras barely beat us in their house....and it's a rivalry game in CUSCATLAN...and we want to finish the process on agood note...

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by socluis90

mad.gif

you have one game left. as long as we don't lose to CR you guys should be fine. If you can't beat an eliminated team in a do or die game then you don't deserve to go to WC.

Damn Luis, you know better.

We aren't a terrible team and Honduras barely beat us in their house....and it's a rivalry game in CUSCATLAN...and we want to finish the process on a good note...
Not putting ES down, definitely a team worthy of respect. Just saying if Honduras can't get a result when they absolutely need it then maybethey have no business in a WC. I'd say the same if they were playing at Mexico with an already qualified side. Teams play different once qualified oreliminated. I still don't think ES is going to bend over though. Honduras is gonna have to earn that W.

Had to watch a crappy stream online.. but it was better than nothing. Closest bar showing it was 3+ hours away.

As far as the Honduran fans.. when i went to the gold cup quarter's in Philly, Honduras played the first game against Canada.. and their fans outnumberedall the American fans probably 2 to 1.

I don't know if there is that much Honduran in this country legally as there was at that game.. but I think somebody needs to contact immigration servicesat some of these soccer matches
eek.gif
... it was unbelievable to see so manyfans for another country come out in OUR country.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Had to watch a crappy stream online.. but it was better than nothing. Closest bar showing it was 3+ hours away.

As far as the Honduran fans.. when i went to the gold cup quarter's in Philly, Honduras played the first game against Canada.. and their fans outnumbered all the American fans probably 2 to 1.

I don't know if there is that much Honduran in this country legally as there was at that game.. but I think somebody needs to contact immigration services at some of these soccer matches
eek.gif
... it was unbelievable to see so many fans for another country come out in OUR country.

eyes.gif

As far as the Honduran fans.. when i went to the gold cup quarter's in Philly, Honduras played the first game against Canada.. and their fans outnumbered all the American fans probably 2 to 1.

I don't know if there is that much Honduran in this country legally as there was at that game.. but I think somebody needs to contact immigration services at some of these soccer matches
eek.gif
... it was unbelievable to see so many fans for another country come out in OUR country.

eyes.gif

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency estimates that 70 percent of the roughly 1 million Hondurans in the United States are here illegally, makingthem the second-largest illegal population behind Mexicans.

700,000 illegal Hondurans bro... *%@+ is not cool, no matter what ethnicity you may be...
indifferent.gif

eek.gif

eyes.gif

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency estimates that 70 percent of the roughly 1 million Hondurans in the United States are here illegally, making them the second-largest illegal population behind Mexicans.

700,000 illegal Hondurans bro... *%@+ is not cool, no matter what ethnicity you may be...
indifferent.gif

Take some initiative and contact them yourself if you really care...
indifferent.gif

Pavon..
smh.gif

i realy dont understand why Rambo was taken out.. homie wouldnt have missed that PK.. GURANTEED!!
that goal was a goal... dumb refs.. Valladares couldve played alot better.. but props to the US.. going into a hostile enviorment and pulling off a victory..didnt think they would.. Honduras is alright thou.. US will beat CR.. and i expect a GRERAT GAME between la H vs la SELECTA..
pimp.gif
.. mos def worth the $24.99PPV price imo.. Honduras should come out on top thou.

Watched the game last night and was happy with the final result but have some things to say.

Casey scores two goals which were very important and IMO overshadowed his otherwise very lackluster performance.

First half he was awful.
His first goal was a bit of luck as it looked like it hit off the back of his shoulder and poor goalkeeping helped.
Second goal was good, Donovan took the pass from Davies and set Casey up perfect and his finish was excellent but should be expected from a striker.
Otherwise, he is so sluggish and looks like he is always trying to conserve energy, never puts pressure on defenders to make a quick pass.
Jozy can be sluggish as well but has way better touch and overall skill IMO
Either way, whoever plays in this position needs to work much harder.

The Honduras free kick was curled over the wall and dipped in, nobody on USA can do this.
First US free kick was sent low trying to get under the wall.
Second free kick Donovan did great not trying to go over the wall, instead curling it towards the far post.
The Honduras keeper moved to his right thinking the ball was going to curl over the wall and was unable to recover as the ball sailed to his left.

Some time passes and Im wondering what is the US plan of action.
It seemed that we didn't want to commit too many players forward but Casey stayed in doing nothing up top.
I was thinking a fresh midfielder like Torres who could help control possession would be great.
Instead Honduras would bring the ball up with ease which led to the second goal.

Second Honduras goal there were around 8 US players in the box to 4 Hondurans. Half the US players were just standing in space.
Leon made a simple move to create space from the one defender on him and had plenty of time to take a clear shot.
That should never happen.

Then Bradley brings in Altidore and US now has Casey and Altidore up front. I don't know what the hell Bradley was thinking there.
Are we trying to score another goal now?
The offense did improve for some moments after this but our Defense was even more at risk with those two providing nothing.

Casey finally get taken out for Feilhaber who missed a sitter after making a nice move.
Honduras keeps pressure and gets Pk which is thankfully sent high.
US is able to hold Honduras off and get the win.

Anyways, Bradley will get praise for the win but Im still not convinced in him at all.
I believe the US could be a much better team.

eek.gif

eyes.gif

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency estimates that 70 percent of the roughly 1 million Hondurans in the United States are here illegally, making them the second-largest illegal population behind Mexicans.

indifferent.gif

I'm Honduran if those numbers are real wow because at my school I only knew that we had 4 Hondurans. But at you
indifferent.gif

Take some initiative and contact them yourself if you really care...
indifferent.gif

Maybe I will now that you mention it. Never really had a care about them til a couple of dudes start stonefacing and eyerolling me for pointingout something everybody knows... but come to think of it, it wouldn't be too hard to make a call or two.

I'm Honduran if those numbers are real wow because at my school I only knew that we had 4 Hondurans. But at you
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
you stoneface me for what exactly? Making a joke? Fact of the matter is, illegals are just that... illegal. Feel lucky I'm one of the people in the minority of this country who doesn't want them alljust thrown out, if you happen to know any that should be.

Let's keep this conversation about soccer....

Tryin to bud, just not understanding the hostility towards such a throwaway statement.

Then Bradley brings in Altidore and US now has Casey and Altidore up front. I don't know what the hell Bradley was thinking there.
Are we trying to score another goal now?
The offense did improve for some moments after this but our Defense was even more at risk with those two providing nothing.
Agreed - did not understand this sub at all. You need fresh defenders or mid's out there if anything, not a forward. And why did we stillhave our mid's pushed so far up offensively with that 2 goal lead? Not to mention the carelessness with the ball when we should've been killing time.

Sloppy stuff.. but meh, like i said before it was a road win and they are rarely going to be as pretty as you want.

Back
Top Bottom