Official Cooking Steak Thread

well done :x

is it true some restaurants put aside 'bad' cuts for when people order their steaks well done?
That's close to impossible if you're ordering a specific type of steak.
False. There is even quality cuts from a specific piece.
Prime rib roast / ribeye the end cuts that are closer to another cut looks and taste different. A 3 bone center cut prime rib is the perfect cut.
What is false though? I'm saying it's close to impossible for the chef to put aside "bad" cuts when ppl order a steak well done if you order a specific steak to be well done. If I order a porterhouse or like you bring up a 3 bone center cut prime rib how are they gonna have a bad cut of that?

or are you agreeing with me and saying the bad cut thing is false? :lol:
im saying there is a "lower quality" bad cut of a porterhouse that comes from the ends of the cut...
View media item 842838like when the ribeye cut turns into a the chuck cut... i want the best cut the have not the one that is about to turn into a chuck cut.. or the porterhouse that is close to a sirloin.. if you get what im saying

Coped three from the grocery store marinating with honey garlic salt
Pepper sliced peppers
sliced onion
Salt

Lightly also :lol:

Bumping 

Anybody about that indoor grill life?

Apartment living won't let your mans have an outdoor grill

Trying to see if there are any recommendations on any good indoor grills.

Bumping 

Anybody about that indoor grill life?

Apartment living won't let your mans have an outdoor grill

Trying to see if there are any recommendations on any good indoor grills.

Definitely get a stove top, CAST IRON grill. These hold, and distribute heat the best. Make sure you have good ventilation. Be sure to season and maintain the cast iron properly.

I used to be #TeamMediumWell for years and converted to medium recently and it's the best decision I made.

Medium steak has always been the wave :smokin

Don't understand how people like overcooked meat. Ish is dry and has no flavor :[
FACTS!!!!! I'm converted finally after growing up. Had to eat well done as a kid growing but taste changed over time.

Mom cooked a prime rib roast as well. SO GOOD!!! She declared that prime rib will be the new Christmas dinner tradition.

920802_1112131215478301_5137393066222365023_o.jpg

- Salt and Pepper
- Make sure the meat is at room temperature before it hits the grill
- invest in a good meat thermometer
- let the meat rest under foil for ~5 minutes before eating

Always room temp. That goes for a lot more than steak too. You can't cook a cold steak right.

Back
Top Bottom