Official Dallas Cowboys [3-3] vs. Philadelphia Eagles [2-4] Game Thread. Eagles Win, 34-7.

Murray will not do as well as he did against the Rams. Although our run defense isn't much better, its not worse than the Rams. I look for Nnamdi to shut down Dez Bryant this game. Its time he showed us his worth. And Andy Reid needs to run that damb ball with Shady McCoy, we are 2-1 when he goes over 100 yards.

Yeah, nnamdi will shut down Dez, LULZ ... Even still, we have Miles vs. Asante on the other side and coors matthews against witten ...

I got the Cowboys winning this one, their offense got it together last week, I know vs the Rams but Philly off a bye is something I'm not too confident for. The extra time should help them prep for the Boys but I'm just not confident in them.

Should be a close game, Dallas by 4 pts

This win could be a turning point for both teams .

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at the eagles fanbase saying this is a easy win

typical clowns.

I hope we run the rock , and play tuff Defense , and shut down the n64 QB.

As long as the D keeps playing good like they have been I'm confident we will winna close game.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I see a thriller on our hands, teams coming off a bye are 3-9 this year as well so keep that in mind. Running game is gonna be critical in this game, Cowboys need to establish it early with Murray.

if your gonna quote stats like that then the Eagles under Andy Reid are 12-0 coming off a bye
nerd.gif

i think this will actually be a good game...thank god. nothing worse than a bunny primetime game
laugh.gif

I will be watching this for sure. In my opinion, the winner of this game will be the front runners to take the division.

I don't believe the 12-0 coming off a bye should be downplayed. I'm not one to gauge things based on history, but Andy Reid must do something during these bye weeks that has his teams ready for that Sunday. He's done this 12 times, sometimes with less talented teams. You just don't get lucky that many times.

At the same time, all streaks can be broken.

Big game for the Cowboys. If they can contain Vick and establish a good rushing game, we have a good shot. I'm glad we have most of our team(minus Felix) playing on Sunday
pimp.gif

Cowboys - 27
Eagles - 24

Demarco Murray
pimp.gif

Cowboys looked great on Sunday against that Rams #1 ranked run defense.

Anyway, if the Eagles lose, I honestly think they are done. But for the sake of America, hopefully Vick makes this
game his Madden game and throws for 6 tds, with Romo throwing 6 pick 6s.

72-5 Eagles

Originally Posted by Dric

Murray will not do as well as he did against the Rams. Although our run defense isn't much better, its not worse than the Rams. I look for Nnamdi to shut down Dez Bryant this game. Its time he showed us his worth. And Andy Reid needs to run that damb ball with Shady McCoy, we are 2-1 when he goes over 100 yards.
Shut down Dez? 
That dude couldn't even shut down Miles when he was with Oakland mind you, he played man-man coverage then! 
tired.gif

Anyways, seeing how the Cowboys Defense only allows a LEAGUE LEADING 69.7 yards a game expect a good match up with the Eagles being the #1 rushing team. 

Something has got to give between these two teams. 

Cowboys by 10+
happy.gif

I don't understand Dallas fans talking about Dez like this guy can't be guarded??

Dude has had 1! Just 1 100 yd game in his career(none this year)... Played against the Lions, Rams and Pats DBs but now he's gonna easily abuse Nnamdi?!!

Jason Avant... Our 3rd receiver has just as many yards as Dez... Don't get me wrong, he has potential but the hype he receives is not deserved.. Yet at least

Anyway.. I hope Juan and Andy smarten up and put Nnamdi on Dez all game... It'd be nice to see DRC on Miles but they won't do it... If we have Asante on Miles we will need to keep a safety over the top

Coming off a bye with a healthy O line and Cole coming back I see us taking this one 24-16

Originally Posted by fried pickles

I don't understand Dallas fans talking about Dez like this guy can't be guarded??

Dude has had 1! Just 1 100 yd game in his career(none this year)... Played against the Lions, Rams and Pats DBs but now he's gonna easily abuse Nnamdi?!!

Jason Avant... Our 3rd receiver has just as many yards as Dez... Don't get me wrong, he has potential but the hype he receives is not deserved.. Yet at least

Anyway.. I hope Juan and Andy smarten up and put Nnamdi on Dez all game... It'd be nice to see DRC on Miles but they won't do it... If we have Asante on Miles we will need to keep a safety over the top

Coming off a bye with a healthy O line and Cole coming back I see us taking this one 24-16

Why do people just ignore the fact that Dez was hurt on the punt return in the FIRST QUARTER of the Jets game and has been playing on one leg ever since until most recently the Patriots game.

You do also realize Dez only played in 8-9 games a year ago and had 6 TDs (8 total if you include Punt/Kickoff returns) right? Probably not. But most people on here seem to ignore or just flat out don't get the facts before they start spewing stuff.

Dez wasn't even supposed to play against the ******** but mustered up the strength because he was inspired by Romo playing with broken ribs. Dez has been hobbled since day one but you want him to have 6 TDs and 1000 yards already?  No one here is stating he is the best WR in the NFL, but dude is a beast and has only been doing so off raw talent alone. Once he actually starts to mature and get his route running down, he will be unstoppable.

Originally Posted by MPire

Why do people just ignore the fact that Dez was hurt on the punt return in the FIRST QUARTER of the Jets game and has been playing on one leg ever since until most recently the Patriots game.

You do also realize Dez only played in 8-9 games a year ago and had 6 TDs (8 total if you include Punt/Kickoff returns) right? Probably not. But most people on here seem to ignore or just flat out don't get the facts before they start spewing stuff.

Dez wasn't even supposed to play against the ******** but mustered up the strength because he was inspired by Romo playing with broken ribs. Dez has been hobbled since day one but you want him to have 6 TDs and 1000 yards already?  No one here is stating he is the best WR in the NFL, but dude is a beast and has only been doing so off raw talent alone. Once he actually starts to mature and get his route running down, he will be unstoppable.

sick.gif
 I agree with fried pickles. Yall overrate that @%!#+ as of today.

Hopefully we can get our run game going so we can take the pressure off of Romo. Miles and Dez both have to make plays after the catch this week.

On defense we have to contain Vick and force them to march down the field and not give up big plays. The fact that Philly knows how bad they need to win this game kinda worries me

One of the things that bothers me most is when people make predictions based solely on stats alone. I'm not saying stats have no place in a sports discussion because they definitely do, but Eagles being #1 in rushing doesn't mean crap, and neither does the Cowboys D being #1 against the rush. It's all about matchups. Whichever team matches up best will win and that's a pretty basic concept. In my opinion, neither of these teams matches up well against the other defensively. The Eagles have 3 talented WRs and a good TE. The Cowboys have 3 talented WRs and a great TE. Neither team has a dominant enough secondary to consistently stop the other team from completing huge passing plays throughout the game. The game won't be decided by more than 7 points

Id give the edge on the D side to boys , just because of the pass rushing and talent at the LB position .

Dware , Sean lee >>>>>>>>>>>>> the eagles whole LB core.

Witten is a 1st ballad HOF at this point no doubt.

if we knock vick around early , we will win this game.

Originally Posted by polorico

not to knock witten.. but there are 8 tight ends in the hall of fame.. how many of those do you think made it to the hall of fame on the 1st BALLOT?

tony gonzalez, gates and witten will and should get in.. only the first seems like a 1st ballot, when you consider shannon sharpe didn't make it on the 1st ballot

Dude has had 1! Just 1 100 yd game in his career(none this year)

appreciate and understand everything you have said.. and totally get that dez is very talented.. but how does that change what was said?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Dude has had 1! Just 1 100 yd game in his career(none this year)

appreciate and understand everything you have said.. and totally get that dez is very talented.. but how does that change what was said?

As someone else pointed out above, people tend to go by stats alone without taking other things into consideration. Dez was the #3 receiver his rookie year and still managed a 100 yard game. Remember, Miles and Roy were both ahead of him on the depth chart. That is why his chemistry with Kitna was spot on because Dez mostly practiced with the second team, which Kitna being the back up worked with. Its going to be difficult to muster up 100 yard games when you are only in the game for literally a handful of plays due to being the #3 WR. Lets also not forget he played most of the year with a high ankle sprain and broken ribs, and finally was placed on IR against the Colts when he broke his leg.

For the record, I wasn't arguing the point that he's only had 1 100 yard game. I was arguing that he said the guy is overrated. Not sure how many #3 WR's put up 8 TD's in 10 games with Kitna as their backup but I'd say thats pretty good.

And I hope my comment about "unstoppable" wasn't taken out of context. That doesn't mean "The best WR to play the game." It just means opposing defenses are going to have really game plan around him, which some (See Saints vs COwboys) already started to do.

Originally Posted by polorico

Id give the edge on the D side to boys , just because of the pass rushing and talent at the LB position .

Dware , Sean lee >>>>>>>>>>>>> the eagles whole LB core.

if we knock vick around early , we will win this game.
laugh.gif
 so if his career ended Sunday; he would be in?  dude you are so clueless

Back
Top Bottom