OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

Rodman was out there, but he wasn't crazy. Ron Artest is a complete nutjob. He's probably a manic depressive. One day he's awesome. The next day he wants to fight his own family. Artest wasn't going to solve any problems in Denver. Stop pretending as if it would.
NOBODY is saying Artest would of completely sovled all of Denver's problems. One of the main + of getting Artest is that he would have gavethe Nuggets more intensity to play harder on the defensive end. You claim that GK is not the problem when its quite obvious that he is a HUGE part of theproblem. The guy accepts mediocrity and this team to too talented to just be mediocre. You must dont read the crap that he say's in the denver post. Heclaims that he has seen a lot of good things in their three losses, but obviously they were not good enough to come out with a W against two bottom feeders ofthe Eastern Conference. GK just doesn't have the fire anymore, hell Dantley did a better job coaching the Nuggets the other night then GK has done so farthis year.

I was impressed with Dantley's demeanor as well during the Pistons game. I also LOVE it when Denver holds the other team to less than 100, it means we atleast contested more shots and had some discipline defensively, unlike the Bulls and Bucks games.

Something has to change with this team. I agree with that article, they play like a pick up team a lot, play lackluster D and run offensive sets that have norhyme or reason to the method. By that I mean there truly is too much 1-on-1, not enough ball movement, no cutters whatsoever, and too much standing around onthe perimeter.

Someone hear me out on this and correct me if I'm wrong: Camby is perhaps the team's worst asset. Defensive player of the year? Yes, but his helpdefense is better than one-on-one. He is too lanky and awkward for quick rotations. I saw too many miscommunications involving him giving up easy pointsagainst Detroit. But having him on offense is immensely hurting this team. He's 7 feet, standing at the top of the three point line. So his main job is tojust wait to receive a pass from Melo or AI if they can't get their shot from the wing. If he does decide to cut, he's floating out baseline for ajumpshot that goes in one time out of every 10. And of course he never finishes during his "strong" moves, if you can call it that. I think he'sjust scared of injury at this point...he's just not working anymore.

SkyLarkster wrote:
Someone hear me out on this and correct me if I'm wrong: Camby is perhaps the team's worst asset. Defensive player of the year? Yes, but his help defense is better than one-on-one. He is too lanky and awkward for quick rotations. I saw too many miscommunications involving him giving up easy points against Detroit. But having him on offense is immensely hurting this team. He's 7 feet, standing at the top of the three point line. So his main job is to just wait to receive a pass from Melo or AI if they can't get their shot from the wing. If he does decide to cut, he's floating out baseline for a jumpshot that goes in one time out of every 10. And of course he never finishes during his "strong" moves, if you can call it that. I think he's just scared of injury at this point...he's just not working anymore.
Yea i told everyone this almost two months ago..I said we should use him to try and get kidd along with one of their young bigs if we can...andeveryone thought i was crazy....You fall in love so much with his rebounding and blocked shots to notice his flaws....

1)he isn't a good 1-1 defender

2)he gets lots of his blocks becuz our perimeter defense is so bad

3)He isn't that great of a team defender....it just seems like he is becuz him gets so many blocks...Yea he's still a good team defender but not great

4) he's soft as hell on offense...all he wants to do his shoot jumpers when he's damn near 7 foot...r u telling me he's been in the league 12 yearsand nobody ever helped him develop a post up game?? hook shot or sumthing??...not to mention he never dunks it so he always misses layups

5) he grabs a good amount of rebounds and sometimes I think its hurts our team...becuz other guys get lazy and don't wanna rebound becuz they think"oh camby will grab it"... a perfect example is Melo has gotten a double double almost every game Camby has been out....he doesn't have the samefire on the defensive boards when camby is there than he does when camby is out...like i said Melo should be averaging 20 & 10 like Jamison...

Most people probably think Camby is our best defender but imo its Kenyon

It was also weird during the Pistons game seeing our coach actually walking the baseline a little or a least getting up for his chair..Karl sits the WHOLE GAMEwith either that dumb blank expression his face or he's burying his face in his hands after a turnover...or he's leaning back in his chair indigust..(usually the last two happens wen Jr is in the game lol )......and if he does get up (which is RARE) he's leaning up against the scorers tablelol...

^Leaning on the table and poppin' cracker jacks or whatever it is that he eats.

Well, again the next few games are must-win if we want to have any form of momentum going into March and get that 8th seed. This will get interesting down thestretch. I've pretty much given up hope for Nene's comeback and even if/when Atkins returns, his impact will be minimal.

I won't look too far ahead in to the future, but I'll just say this. If Nuggies fail to make the postseason or even get another first round exit,expect Karl to be gone and to see some major changes to this team for next season. I think Camby will be gone as well. Remember when we were going to trade himfor Jermaine O'Neal? That could have been sweet.

Go Nuggets tonight vs. Seattle.

seriously...do the nuggets even know they are out of the playoffs right now??... it seems like all the other teams that are in the playoff race know that everygame is like a playoff game except for the nuggets... they're playing like its the 2nd week of the season or sumthin...

"We hang around the 10-point mark," Karl said. "They've been beating people (at home) by 25 and 30."

Karl is a joke...He's happy with the Nuggets losing by 10 which means when are now 2 losses back of gs and utah

I'm surprised the Nuggets are 9 games over .500. They don't play defense and they don't have an offense. Also, I don't consider them abasketball team because everything is one on one.

IF Nuggets don't make it to the Playoffs (or another another 1st round exit), I'm going join any petition that has something to do with sacking GeorgeKarl.
He should reside to LA and coach his son, teach him how not to shoot air-ball.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Karl also tried to look at the bright side.

"We hang around the 10-point mark," Karl said. "They've been beating people (at home) by 25 and 30."
[/font]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Karl also tried to look at the bright side.

[/font]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man, that's really not funny.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

But what else can you do?
laugh.gif
Dude has no sense of urgency. I'mgoing to compose a post full of GK quotes. He has some gems.

I think Jeff Van Gundy would help this team out A LOT if they can get him next year.

Anyone else listen to that radio interview on that website?? They made some good points but that Dino costa guy is annoying....

They did mention something at the end that I have been thinking...Part of me actually wants the nuggets to just keep losing and miss the playoffs so karl willbe fired for sure...I'm afraid of them winning and getting into the playoffs as maybe an 8th seed and maybe winning 2 or 3 games in the 1st round beforegetting eliminated and somehow management is convinced to keep karl one more year.... I mean that could very well happen becuz Iverson and Melo are both goodenough players to carry us one one win a piece...

I went from
smokin.gif
yesterday to
indifferent.gif
tonight. I don't know what to say other than lets get the Spurs winon Monday (impossible to do in S.A. since the officiation is so bias down there).

As I said in the other thread I'm so frustrated I probably won't go to the Raptors game on friday

Nuggets suck on the road, point blank. Too bad we wont have the same amount of road wins this year as we had last year. If that was the case, we would win 50+games for sure this season.

I'll be honest the more and more I watch the Nuggets the less of a fan I am of Melo...It just seems like the only thing he cares about is scoring pts...Hehad 24 pts last night but I could see it in his face at the start of the game that he didn't really feel like playing...and it showed on defense and hetook some horrible shots on offense...i really wish he would do his jab step jump shot move more but he hardly does it ne more...i know i'm talkincrzy...but I don't know why he irritates me more than anyone else but he just does...

And i get sick of them interviewing Iverson at the end of games and he talks abut "we just gotta play every game like its our last".. when it seemslike him and maybe only 3 or 4 players a night are buying into that..

^Melo does looks drained and frustrated at the same time lately. Defenses are sticking it to him, double teaming him and hacking him to pieces when he goesinside. Still, it's inexcusable. Karl's lackluster attitude is rubbing off on people possibly? I don't know what's wrong with this team.Blaming Karl is the easiest thing to do at this point.

The same person who got the credit when we closed out the '04-'05 season 32-8 is the same person who should take the blame when we miss the playoffsthis season. We gave up too many winnable games this season. There's no reason for us to look as bad as we actually are.

Don't throw in the towel yet homie. If they don't go at least 4-1 on this upcoming east coast road trip then its a wrap.

The Nuggets finished 2-3 in their stretch of terror, games against Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah and back against San Antonio (44-19). The Nuggets won the home games - against the Suns and Spurs - but lost the road games.

"I don't think I've ever played hotter teams," Karl said. "A 3-2 record would have been fantastic; 2-3 is acceptable."

Karl strikes again
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom