OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

^^So weird, I was JUST gonna post that quote. I've got the paper in my hand right now.

Let me pose this hypothetical question: If Karl hadn't sat JR for like 25+ games or whatever it was, Nuggets might be in the 7th or 8th seed. He'scoming into his own, he was just stunted/rusty because GK was trying to prove some sort of point.

Also, note to George: Play Steven Hunter for Godssakes. Put him in when Camby goes out.

^ Yeap. Camby is starting to show that he is aging. Hunter should get more minutes. He can block shots and from what I seen has more offensive moves thenCamby. IMO Camby will be the first or second to go in the off-season(behind GK). BTW JR is that _
pimp.gif
. I think I may have found my new player to cheer for(besides Melo) after A.I. retires.

If Karl hadn't sat JR for like 25+ games or whatever it was, Nuggets might be in the 7th or 8th seed. He's coming into his own, he was just stunted/rusty because GK was trying to prove some sort of point.
Agreed once again. I think if JR would of been getting these consistent types of minutes/touches in the beginning of the season like he is now,the Nuggets would have about 3 or 4 more wins under their belt. JR is really making Karl look like a dumb ++@ right now. I liked how in the 4th quarter, JR randown Kurt Thomas for the block and then pulled Najera and Klieza together and tried to pump up the team
pimp.gif
. The kid has some heart and intensity. Not to bash Melo at all, but I would love to see him dothat to his teammates on a more regular basis.

[font=Arial,Helvetica]Nene Expected to Practice This Week
Last Edited: Tuesday, 11 Mar 2008, 3:29 PM MDT
Created: Tuesday, 11 Mar 2008, 2:55 PM MDT

By ERIC GOODMAN, FOX 31 Sports Director

DENVER - George Karl is hoping to get Nene back on the practice court this week. "I don't know how much physical contact we'll do that's up to Nene, the doctors, and our physical people," said Karl following practice Tuesday. "We're moving him to play basketball as quick as we possibly can."

Nothing has been quick about Nene's career. The 2002 1st round draft pick hasn't played a full season since the 2003-04. This season has been the most difficult so far.

He missed 22 games following thumb surgery; and then, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer in early January that's forced him to miss 29 games.

Karl, who is a cancer survivor himself, is hopeful that Nene can return this season. "We talked about a week ago about where we are and what we want to do. We're currently on schedule. And this week is going to be an interesting week."
[/font]

Not that he is going to come back and be the savior, but a low post scoring threat is something that this team desperately needs

The title of the post is stupid. I know yall are not giving up already. We can play any team in the playoffs and the past few games against the Spurs is proof.We should be 3-1 against them. We just gotta get into the playoffs. Our next games are...

Memphis
Toronto
Sonics
Pistons
Philly
New Jersey
Toronto
Memphis

We need to go 7-1, and nothing less. Then if we blow these next 8 games, THEN we can say "we're finished."

Like I said, if we don't go at least 4-1 on the upcoming E/C road trip then its a wrap. They way we are fighting for our playoff lives, we have no businesslosing to Philly, NJ, Toronto and Memphis. I don't give a damn if we are playing them on the road, those are games that we have to win.

Damn, cats throwing in the towel already? No team in the west has clinched a playoff spot yet. I repeat no team in the West has clinched a playoff spot.We're 4 games behind the Jazz...and 2 and a half games out. This is still a race. We just need to play like this is the playoffs right now. Remember thisteam went 10-1 last year to finish off the regular season. I'm not saying this will happen again, but let's see what the stomach out this time.

Definite petition to change the title. I was at the Pepsi Center for the Raptors game. We got the job done and then some.

Nuggets hold the fate of the season in their own hands. But a little help from certain teams (Warriors) wouldn't hurt if they can tack on some losses.

the 168 pts is nice and all...but if we don't take care of business on this east road trip coming up..it doesn't mean ne thing....i mean its the sonicsafter all....

I mean I wouldn't be the least big surprised to see the nuggets play det after this blowout win and lose by 20...and not even score half the pts theyscored tonight lol..

Were actually not done at all. There is still a lot of ball left for a team that like 2 games out of 8th. The warriors aren't that good of a team. They canlose two games easily. Look at the month of march we had. We went through hell and are only down a couple of games.

Don't fall apart.

wow monster win tonight, denver. what's that, 4 straight blow-outs now? impressive.
pimp.gif

it's gonna come down to the wire, 2 games is nothing. the warriors have a tough stretch ahead, but if we continue the trend of not losing 2 straight in along time the warriors will get it.

*!%$ is crazy. If the refs wouldn't of gave the Spurs the game last Monday, we would be one game behind them with the season series in our favor.

Yeap its a wrap. This team doesn't play anywhere close to well enough on the road to sneak into the playoffs. LK hasn't played well since the tradedeadline. Should of got Artest. It's been nice chatting with all of you this season, see yall in the off-season.

there's still a chance tho.....warriors fans aren't too confident that they can keep the 8th spot with their schedule as well....

whichever team makes it can possibly knock off the #1 seed.....whoever that is.

diplomat I don't believe you, you need more people family.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You tell me you just gon dip like that? Oh well. I'm just sitting back andwatching. You all forget that no team in the West has clinched a playoff birth yet. It's still a race. Look at how Houston played tonight.

Back to the Nuggets, they need to shape up and play like they need to win the Championship now...

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

diplomat I don't believe you, you need more people family.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You tell me you just gon dip like that? Oh well. I'm just sitting back and watching. You all forget that no team in the West has clinched a playoff birth yet. It's still a race. Look at how Houston played tonight.

Back to the Nuggets, they need to shape up and play like they need to win the Championship now...

My _ its too many birds running out there waiting to be plucked. Too many times this season I've got mad offers to blow some chicks back out, but Iwas like hold on shorty ima get at you after the Nuggets game
laugh.gif
. This team doesn'twin consistently on the road to get into the playoffs. What are we like 12-21 now? That type of @!!% aint gone cutt it. There's 3 major important gamesleft on this schedule and they are @ Phoenix, @ Golden State and @ Utah and with the way we play on the road I dont see us winning any of them. Hell I even gota feeling we're gonna get blasted up in Toronto this coming Sunday. I got the league pass so I'll always keep a eye or two on them for the rest of theseason, but there's no way im putting @!*+$ on hold just to watch these _'s blow games that there supposed to win. If we make the playoff's, cool,but there's no way that we make it to the 2nd round with Karl at the helm. But yea, I'll still represent though, I'll be out in South Beach onMemorial Day weekend, you can catch the boy with the fresh A.I. Nuggets authentic posted on Collins Ave with the goons hollerin at any and everything thatwalks by
laugh.gif

I really wanted to see yall make it to the playoffs... I wanna see golden state make it too... Hopefully the mavs free fall their way out of the playoffs andyall make it

What a disappointing season... not done yet but:

Refs handed wins to the Spurs in SA, and messed up the Sixers game last night. Nuggets play was pathetic, but I've never seen a goaltending call gounnoticed concerning the "glass rule" (if it hits the glass, it's GT). Andre Miller scored on the 3 point play off the rebound next posession.

At a time when every game counts, I can only shake my head. Nuggets should never have been in this position in the first place. It took me a while to comearound but Karl has got to go, and we need to make one or two big moves with the players.

Good looking out on whoever said in hindsight that Artest trade wouldn't have been half bad, huh? Kleiza hasn't done a thing. Najera started beasting alittle more, but meanwhile JR who was benched half the season just meant 5-10 extra wins down the toilet.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom