OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

We are lucky as hell right now. The Jazz have been stinking it up. I swear if we lose to Houston by 10+ points tomorrow night, im going to flip out.

Melo and AI had great games last night. I think those guys get tired of people always saying that they don't do anything but score.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Melo and AI had great games last night. I think those guys get tired of people always saying that they don't do anything but score.
Yea I think Melo's shooting slump might be/have been a blessing in disguise..Now he sees how much he can help this team on the offensive boardscuz he grabbed like 12 or 13 of them last night... Hopefully when he's wet again he'll continue to rebound well too..Cuz Melo is like 6"8240...he's way to strong and athletic to not grab 8-10 rebounds at night...

BoutMyMoney333 wrote:
sig check
Nice to see you've joined the "FGK" subsidiary of Team Denver Nuggets, Inc. As I've said before, I'll change my sig once I seesome consistency in philosophy and attitude from this squad. I hope for the sake of the season that George Karl can prove me wrong, but I just don't seethat happening. I'm not sure how the front office feels about him at this point, but GK's seat has to be warming up a bit. We have an injury-ladensquad with little to no consistent shooters, and he decides to bench a healthy JR Smith for 2 straight games. This is the same GK who made it publicly knownthe JR would not be playing for the remainder of last year's playoff series. The same GK who a year prior got into it with K-Mart during the playoffs. Andthe Same GK who has not gotten this team to play with any consistency, other than when he first took the reigns in the middle of the 05-06 season (when theteam actually felt a need to impress him). I think another first-round exit will have George Karl back in a commentator's chair. The only question is, whowill replace him?

The Nuggets stole one in Sacramento with another exciting finish. I'll take the win, but this game still hinted at how inconsistent we play. Not just fromgame to game, but from half to half and quarter to quarter. Not that everything was negative obviously, as we got the win, but I can't help but hold a teamwith this talent to a certain standard.

The most positive thing to note first and foremost is that we never gave up. We had some key stops at the end and had to overcome some BS calls fromeveryone's favorite (W)NBA referee, Violet Palmer.

The next thing that comes to mind is that Melo had his 3rd straight double-double, including the rebound off the missed freethrow by Brad Miller, which led tothe game-winner from Kleiza. One can only hope that this is not some flash in the pan streak that will fade away once Nene returns (soon but never soonenough). Carmelo may not be a "Walking Triple-Double", but he is sure as hell a "Walking Double-Double", or at least he would be if hewould just focus on rebounding. As has been indicated by quite a few fans across the net, Melo's slump may have been a blessing. Scoring comes natural tohim. He knows it as he's said it multiple times to the media. Now he has to realize that he's not going to become a superstar by working on hisstrengths. Contrarily, you become a superstar by working on your flaws. But the thing about rebounding to Melo's game is that it's simply a question ofeffort, plain and simple. The guy knows how to rebound, we all know that. He averaged 10 as a freshman in college. He just needs to dedicate himself to theboards. I even hope the Nuggets organization will readjust his contract with a rebound incintive. If his numbers on the boards don't rise I'll beforced to stop "questioning" his heart, and come to the realization that he just doesn't have much. Don't just score Melo, B-More.

And why does it seem like AI and Melo trade off bad shooting nights? I want to see both of these guys go off on the same night. They both get off shots, buteither AI's hitting his or Melo is hitting his, never both. The supporting cast is getting stronger with Anthony Carter playing solid, Chucky Atkinsreturning, and Nene on his way back. And I guess whatever the hell is going on between JR Smith and George Karl seems to be... whatever, JR got minutes and hit3's so I'll take it.

I saw this over on espn.com on the Nuggets board and I was wondering what some of yall thought about this.. Lets say the trade deadline is coming up and Neneand Atkins were healthy obviously and we still were playing about the same as we r now...with lil consistency... How would yall feel about trading camby forjason kidd? I say this becuz Camby is our most tradeable asset and although he is one of our most valuable players we would be getting back one of the great ptguards in history...and it pairs Iverson up with a big defensive point guard who can get everyone eassy baskets

How about:

Camby, Najera, & Jr Smith for Kidd & Sean Williams....

It works on the espn trade machine...although idk if the Nets would want to give up Williams so you could plug in Boone in place of williams..

Our Team would be

Kidd
Iverson
Melo
Martin
Nene

Williams
Kleiza
Diawara
Atkins
Carter
Jones
Hunter
Mccoy

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

give us camby.
I would only be cool wit the nuggets trading camby for an all star caliber pt guard who has more of a pass first mentality..which means eitherkidd...or maybe nash/paul (
laugh.gif
)....

Honestly I dont like the trade. Not that I dont like Kidd's game, it just that he's not that much of a good shooter.

although i would love to have kidd, camby is our defensive anchor and a leader. he's "untradeable" in my book.

No offense to you at ALL....

But that trade is absolutely ******ed
laugh.gif

Camby is untradeable, period. And why the hell would the Nets trade Jason Kidd AND Sean Williams for only Marcus Camby and a headcase named JR Smith? SeanWilliams is the next Camby except he's more athletic, and why would they want JR when they have Vince and RJ? And as for the Nuggets... Camby isuntradeable. He means too much to this team. And we need shooting, not Kidd. I love him and he's one of the best point guards in history, but hedoesn't solve any problems for the Nuggets at all.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

No offense to you at ALL....

But that trade is absolutely ******ed
laugh.gif

Camby is untradeable, period. And why the hell would the Nets trade Jason Kidd AND Sean Williams for only Marcus Camby and a headcase named JR Smith? Sean Williams is the next Camby except he's more athletic, and why would they want JR when they have Vince and RJ? And as for the Nuggets... Camby is untradeable. He means too much to this team. And we need shooting, not Kidd. I love him and he's one of the best point guards in history, but he doesn't solve any problems for the Nuggets at all.

1)Its not like JR would start but look at the team statistics...and go to 3point shooting..and tell me who's last in the nba...i'll tell you theNets...so Jr would add a 3 pt shooting..and they get Najera who is our best 3 point shooter (at least % wise)

2)Our problem is PERIMETER DEFENSE....yea Camby is a great shot blocker but a big part of why he gets so many blocks is cuz we are constantly having blowby's....he's not a great 1-1 defender...he's just not...and I'm guessing that williams would be able to block some shots for us...just guessingtho lol

3) Our problem on offense isn't shooting as much as it is our lack of ball movement...to me part of that is Karls fault but with Kidd that problem goes outthe window and give ai and melo more easy baskets instead of having to go 1-1 for all their pts

4) The best pairing with Iverson is a bigger pt guard that can run the offense well and is a good defender (ex. snow back in 00') because with Iverson andAtkins we are way too small at the guard position

To me the only legit argument is that the Nets would trade away Williams too...with even if they traded away Boone instead of Williams that would be cool witme...just as long as we get another big thats cheap and decent

Originally Posted by jamjumpman

We cannot give up Camby. Other teams will be having layup drills around the basket.

Read #2

I can come up with more reasons why this works if you want but I'm tired of typing...

But I would only do this trade like I said if they kept playing the same way even when Nene and Atkins are healthy...

But for those who still dont like the trade for Denver Id like to hear ur response to my points above...I'm not saying yall are wrong..I just figured thismight be something to discuss to maybe add a lil life to our season thread...

The team we have is more than capable of winning a championship, and Camby deserves a championship with the Nuggets just as much as Melo and AI, if not more.

That's my piece.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

The Nuggets stole one in Sacramento with another exciting finish. I'll take the win, but this game still hinted at how inconsistent we play. Not just from game to game, but from half to half and quarter to quarter. Not that everything was negative obviously, as we got the win, but I can't help but hold a team with this talent to a certain standard.

The most positive thing to note first and foremost is that we never gave up. We had some key stops at the end and had to overcome some BS calls from everyone's favorite (W)NBA referee, Violet Palmer.

The next thing that comes to mind is that Melo had his 3rd straight double-double, including the rebound off the missed freethrow by Brad Miller, which led to the game-winner from Kleiza. One can only hope that this is not some flash in the pan streak that will fade away once Nene returns (soon but never soon enough). Carmelo may not be a "Walking Triple-Double", but he is sure as hell a "Walking Double-Double", or at least he would be if he would just focus on rebounding. As has been indicated by quite a few fans across the net, Melo's slump may have been a blessing. Scoring comes natural to him. He knows it as he's said it multiple times to the media. Now he has to realize that he's not going to become a superstar by working on his strengths. Contrarily, you become a superstar by working on your flaws. But the thing about rebounding to Melo's game is that it's simply a question of effort, plain and simple. The guy knows how to rebound, we all know that. He averaged 10 as a freshman in college. He just needs to dedicate himself to the boards. I even hope the Nuggets organization will readjust his contract with a rebound incintive. If his numbers on the boards don't rise I'll be forced to stop "questioning" his heart, and come to the realization that he just doesn't have much. Don't just score Melo, B-More.

And why does it seem like AI and Melo trade off bad shooting nights? I want to see both of these guys go off on the same night. They both get off shots, but either AI's hitting his or Melo is hitting his, never both. The supporting cast is getting stronger with Anthony Carter playing solid, Chucky Atkins returning, and Nene on his way back. And I guess whatever the hell is going on between JR Smith and George Karl seems to be... whatever, JR got minutes and hit 3's so I'll take it.

I agree 100% when this team plays hard for 4 quarters they are one of the best teams in the NBA. When they don't show consistent effort for 4 quarterswe are one of the worst teams. I don't think Melo's rebounding is a flash in the pan because he realizes that with guys like LK, AI, Atkins, Nene, andJR he doesn't have to get 30+ for us to win but he does need to grab 10+ rebounds if we want to win. The issue between JR and George Karl really bothersme because we need JR if we want any shot at getting out of the first round. If guys can just continue to show effort like we have in the last two games theteam will be fine.

[table][tr][td]Nuggets' Anthony, Hawks' Johnson Named Players Of The Week[/td] [/tr][tr][td]December 24, 2007 - 3:20 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Yahoo.com -
Carmelo Anthony and Joe Johnson were named NBA Players of the Week on Monday.

Anthony received the award in the Western Conference after leading the Nuggets to a 2-1 record last week, collecting at least 30 points and 12 rebounds in each contest.

The 6-8 Anthony averaged 33.7 points and 13.3 rebounds in the three games this past week. He recorded season highs of 37 points and 16 boards Thursday in a 112-111 victory over the Rockets.

Johnson earned Eastern Conference honors after averaging 28.0 points and 7.3 assists, pacing the Hawks to a 3-0 record. [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

While I'm all for getting kidd, trading camby is a no-no. Who's going to fill his place? We don't have any other good center, much less a defensiveminded one.

I hope the nugs don't trade camby, if they do, then our front is going to be hollow.

IMO Camby is untradeable. Having J-Kidd would be nice but Camby is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league. Without him the team won't makeit.

Camby is averaging 8pt, 14 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks per game. You don't trade a guy that impacts the game like that.

Back
Top Bottom