OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

Its the Bucks...lets not get carried away...
indifferent.gif

It's the NBA

Camby is averaging 8pt, 14 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks per game. You don't trade a guy that impacts the game like that.
sure you can. i think a deal for mikael pietrus + 2nd round would get it done.

but 10 blks is
pimp.gif
did two of my fantasy squads wonders.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Camby is averaging 8pt, 14 rebounds, and 3.6 blocks per game. You don't trade a guy that impacts the game like that.
Its not like I'm saying Camby isn't a great player cuz he is...but to me if you have a chance to trade camby for one of the top 5 pointguards of all time if this team was still struggling at the trade deadline u do it..especially when you have Nene and he's actually in shape now...

I haven't been watching the NBA or the Nuggets much. When I catch them, their brand of basketball annoys me. George Karl doesn't know what to do withhis team at all. He has future HOF talent on his roster, but he coaches his team as if their an AAU squad. It gets annoying...When they had Andre Miller pairedwith Melo and a role player like JR Smith, Karl had an easy job. Miller was going to set his teammates up and put the ball where it needs to be and make iteasy. AI is a scoring pg. You have to be strategical to make it all fit because he can attack from the 1 or the 2.

The Nuggets need a big point guard who can serve as a distributor, shooter, and pose as a threat on the defensive side. They really need perimeter defense. AIcan be used as a combo guard at various stages of the game. When he is needed to score, he can. When he is needed to distribute, he can. JR smith can fill the2 spot when Chuck takes over the point. Melo is a true to heart scorer, but he looks lost out there because there is no structure on the floor.

They also need to put a lot of effort into defensive strategy. Karl is an annoying mofo...Point Blank.

The starting line-up should go AI, JR, Melo, Martin, Camby..... The switch should then go to Carter and AI in the backcourt. Kleiza is getting 10 points a gametoo much.
laugh.gif
JR should be playing 25-30 minutes a game. Karl should set astructure for him. Kidd would be great because they have too many scorersand not enough true role players. The problem may be the money with getting Kidd.

edit...

Good looking out to my dudes Nitzski and TraSoul...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Its not like I'm saying Camby isn't a great player cuz he is...but to me if you have a chance to trade camby for one of the top 5 point guards of all time if this team was still struggling at the trade deadline u do it..especially when you have Nene and he's actually in shape now...

I understand what you mean but who is going to play D on this team if Camby gets dealt? Trust me Nene isn't going to. That guy's game hasactually regressed since his rookie year. Kidd is a great pg but trading our most consistent rebounder, our only shot blocker, and our best defensive playeris too high of a price.

Any posts about trades I'm ignoring
laugh.gif

We can win with our team we have now, and we will.

Have faith Nuggets fans... all the flip flopping is NOT going to help this team. Everyone is screaming fire George Karl and trade this guy and trade thatguy and sign someone. Listen to yourselves
grin.gif

Anyone who has been watching the Nuggets faithfully (which you all have been doing) KNOWS that we have all that it takes right now. We just have to finallyput it together. Now that everyone is BACK off the IR list and we are all healthy and its before the All Star Break.. we'll finally have a chance to seewhat we are made of.

Uhh...moneybagzz I understand you were probably caught up in the moment, but you might want to edit that...lol

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif

Have faith Nuggets fans... all the flip flopping is NOT going to help this team. Everyone is screaming fire George Karl and trade this guy and trade that guy and sign someone. Listen to yourselves
grin.gif

Anyone who has been watching the Nuggets faithfully (which you all have been doing) KNOWS that we have all that it takes right now. We just have to finally put it together. Now that everyone is BACK off the IR list and we are all healthy and its before the All Star Break.. we'll finally have a chance to see what we are made of.
We have the talent to win, true. Our main problem down the stretch has been and will be the lack of a solid frontcourt. Nene and Martin never seemto touch the floor at the same time. So I could understand trade talk to get some consistency and health but I do agree with you on Camby. One guy will notimprove our perimeter D enough to justify giving up Camby. But at the same time you just can't ignore the greatness of J-Kidd plus his historic chemistrywith K-Mart (If K-MArt can stay healthy).

As far as George Karl goes, I just wish he would stop having too much pride to show emotion for his team. I've seen him sceaming on the bench lately. Thiscomes as a pleasent suprise. But you can't tell me the amount of open looks the Warriors just got doesn't make your stomach cringe a little bit. Helikes to play mind games so it's hard to get full guage on him. But what I will say, is if we don't get out of the first round, he will be in the hotseat.

Good win for us vs GSW. Good team effort. Hopefully we can do it again tonight...

laugh.gif

Have faith Nuggets fans... all the flip flopping is NOT going to help this team. Everyone is screaming fire George Karl and trade this guy and trade that guy and sign someone. Listen to yourselves
grin.gif

Anyone who has been watching the Nuggets faithfully (which you all have been doing) KNOWS that we have all that it takes right now. We just have to finally put it together. Now that everyone is BACK off the IR list and we are all healthy and its before the All Star Break.. we'll finally have a chance to see what we are made of.

Honestly it seems to work better when I'm not optimistic about this team...it seems like every time I get confident about this time and they win 4 or 5 ina row..they'll drop 3 in a row and leave me stratching my head...I don't doubt that we have enuff to win...I doubt if we have enuff to win a title..

My heart tells me that this team will starting looking great since theyre getting healthy...but head is 50/50 of that...I guess i'm just a glass half emptyperson...

I think if Nene plays like he did at the end of last year we're a title team its a simple as that

Great win tonight.

Karl will not only be in the hot seat if Denver doesn't get out the first round yet again, but I'd bet money that he'd be replaced in thatsituation. The problem is everyone is looking way too far into the future. There's still 5 months of regular season basketball to go and the Nuggets arewinning, and only just got a healthy roster, which already is making them look real good. The defensive problems are still there but look for the Nuggets toreach their FULL potential soon. Conclusion: stop hating on George! I still have love for him anyway...

Just got home from the Warriors game. Much respect to A.I. and Melo. Both players have amazing talent. Big ups to Camby too for crashing the boards

Nuggets were ballin tonight. Great win against the Spurs. AI is the mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

yet another close win. beating the spurs is no easy feat.

but anywayz, am i the only person that feels like denver is slightly mis-using jr smith? he has all the tools to really be a crazy 3rd big time scoring threat,but by taking the ball out of his hands and only letting him shoot on kickouts and catch oops on breaks (no hate for my boy carmelo, but he could survive witha few less touches) we really lose a 3rd dimension. instead of 25 and 30 from iverson and carmelo and 10 from jr, imagine 25, 20, and 20. yea, itd be the samenumber of points, but having it come from all those different directions would keep the team a lot more consistent and open the offense up a lot more for mrcamby to score (and we all know he can).

Any win against the Spurs is a good win, way to maintain the game Nuggets. Camby/Kenyon are beasting just as I thought they would.

^Nobody needs to take any touches away from Carmelo and give them to JR. That is beyond ridiculous.

As it stands, Melo and AI both take about 20 shots a game.

JR should get more burn, I agree... but he needs to step up his knowledge game, cause it's lacking. And his playmaking ability is not at the level wherepossessions can be run through him. If he has the ball, teams know he is gonna score.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Its not like I'm saying Camby isn't a great player cuz he is...but to me if you have a chance to trade camby for one of the top 5 point guards of all time if this team was still struggling at the trade deadline u do it..especially when you have Nene and he's actually in shape now...
I wouldnt trade Marcus Camby for ANYBODY right now. Yea, Jason Kidd is great, but to trade camby is to completely ruin our interior defense. we alreadyhave carmelo... occasionally taking time off on the defensive end, so there goes one could-be interior defender. nene can hold it down... sometimes. and thenwe have kenyon who's just not jumping like he could before the surgery. steven hunter and najera are all right, but neither is the presence that camby is.dont do it george!!

^Nobody needs to take any touches away from Carmelo and give them to JR. That is beyond ridiculous.

As it stands, Melo and AI both take about 20 shots a game.

JR should get more burn, I agree... but he needs to step up his knowledge game, cause it's lacking. And his playmaking ability is not at the level where possessions can be run through him. If he has the ball, teams know he is gonna score.

ill agree with you on the playmaking and basketball iq points, but i still feel that we could benefit with taking just a few touches from carmelo. carmelois prolific in the paint, but just isnt as much of a threat from the perimeter as jr. with the ball in jr's hands a little bit more and carmelo's alittle bit less, and having that threat of a serious perimeter scorer beside iverson it would give nene and camby some easier offense. but like you said, jrneeds to step up his playmaking if they were to do that, or it would nullify the advantage.

Camby is still the defensive player of the year in my eyes. They don't need Kidd in order to be a contender. Hell, if they had a decent PG (Calderon, MoWilliams, maybe even someone like Beno Udrih), they could do major damage.

It was like watching this game in slow-motion. Nuggets routinely put up 110 points a game and I was really impressed by this win with such a low scoring total.Spurs D makes their offense look shaky still but it's the Spurs. Poppovich freakin out yelling for a foul then Bowen lands a cheap shot on Iverson. I wasfurious at that.

Anyway, Halleluja because I hate S.A.

I just wanted to say that Martin's block of Parker was the greatest thing ever. I don't see why Parker doesn't get blocked like that every time hegoes in the lane.

smh.gif
@ blowing a 16 point lead against them clowns last night.... J/K Good win. JRshould of got some tick though, hopefully he will tonight.

Back
Top Bottom