OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

Originally Posted by nobody133

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

^Nobody needs to take any touches away from Carmelo and give them to JR. That is beyond ridiculous.

As it stands, Melo and AI both take about 20 shots a game.

JR should get more burn, I agree... but he needs to step up his knowledge game, cause it's lacking. And his playmaking ability is not at the level where possessions can be run through him. If he has the ball, teams know he is gonna score.

ill agree with you on the playmaking and basketball iq points, but i still feel that we could benefit with taking just a few touches from carmelo. carmelo is prolific in the paint, but just isnt as much of a threat from the perimeter as jr. with the ball in jr's hands a little bit more and carmelo's a little bit less, and having that threat of a serious perimeter scorer beside iverson it would give nene and camby some easier offense. but like you said, jr needs to step up his playmaking if they were to do that, or it would nullify the advantage.

The problem with JR for me is that he just takes to many bad shots... Its like he think just becuz he's a shooter he needs to shoot the 3 every chancehe gets...I almost hate it when he hits one 3 cuz you kno the next time he gets the ball its going up no matter what... I just wish he would just take his3's all in the flow of the offense like off a ai penetration and kick or melo double team....

He actually pretty good at penetrating..idk why he doesn't do it more...especially since teams are looking for him to shoot...JR play his best whenhe's thinking about other parts of his game BESIDES shooting the 3.

George keeps complaining about the D, yet he won't give Diawara any minutes and he waives Bobby Jones

I know NOBODY better be insinuating that Diawara deserves more minutes
laugh.gif

Anyway...
DENVER, Jan. 7 -- Nuggets guard Allen Iverson was named NBA Player of the Week for the Western Conference for games played from Monday, Dec. 31 through Sunday, Jan. 6 the NBA announced today.
Iverson led the Nuggets to a 3-0 record, averaging 33.3 ppg on .531 (34-64) shooting from the field, .471 (8-17) shooting from long distance and .923 (24-26) shooting from the foul line. He also dished out 5.0 apg and played an exhausting 43.6 mpg during Denver's three wins against San Antonio, Minnesota and Philadelphia.

This marks the 22nd time in Iverson's career that he has garnered this honor, while it is his second in the Western Conference and second as a Denver Nugget. He was also named Western Conference Player of the Week earlier this season on Nov. 19 (for games played from Nov. 12 through Nov. 18).

Iverson joins Carmelo Anthony and Alex English as the only players in Nuggets history to have won the award multiple times during the same season. Anthony has done so in two separate seasons, most recently in 2006-07 (three POW honors), while English did so in two separate seasons as well (two POW honors in both 1982-83 and '85-86).

According to an unofficial all-time awards list from the NBA, only Michael Jordan (25) and Karl Malone (23) have more Player of the Week honors to their credit in NBA history.

pimp.gif

Okay I know Chucky Atkins isn't 100% healthy. But I'd like to see him do SOMETHING because he gets out there and shoots 4 threepointers, misses everyone of them, and doesn't do much else.

Karl and JR Smith must have some hostility between them right now because there is no logical explanation for getting no PT. I can't believe it, he'sbeen struggling with his jumpshot lately as well but he was getting to the rim nicely his last few games. Someone enlighten me.

A.I. proving again why he is that N_
pimp.gif

As I said in the other thread about GK

"Personally, I dont like the way he manages his players. He's real quick to criticize JR to the media for having a bad game but yet and still ChuckyAtkins has been playing like crap lately and still continues to get minutes. Its obvious the Atkins is not close to 100% so why have him on the floor insteadof JR or Diawara(for defensive purposes only)?"

I know NOBODY better be insinuating that Diawara deserves more minutes
laugh.gif

If you believe that as of RIGHT NOW Aktins deserves more minutes then JR or Diawara then you's a got damn lie.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

^
laugh.gif
... nah fam, he don't deserve more minutes than JR.

I just don't want Diawara on the floor period. His defense is not that great for us to need him on the floor for extended minutes.

What yall don't understand is Chucky Atkins is a PROBLEM when healthy, and everyone who is skeptical about him now will be singing a different tune when heis healthy.

That being said... he needs to STAY on the bench not until he feels better but until he is 100% healthy. George Karl is not doing him any favors trying tomake him play minutes to work his way back... that is not going to help anything. He needs to be buried at the end of the bench until he is 100% healthy,because when he is, we will absolutely be reaping the benefits.

Also, I agree that George Karl has some flaws, but he deserves some credit. Come on now, every season he's been here, he's had a major injury. Neneout for season. K-Mart out for season. Camby out for extended time. Melo suspension. JR suspension. Come on now... I don't think everyone can justplace blame on him. Granted, I don't appreciate how he handles some things, especially how he is handling JR... its very immature of him imo. Buthe's done a damn good job of keeping the team all together despite the adversity. This is the FIRST time where he's had his team almost 100% healthy,and so I believe that he deserves the benefit of the doubt to try and win with his team fully assembled. And then if he fails, you can address firing him.

I think if he were to get fired this season, it would be beyond ******ed, and it would not help the team. AI, Melo, and Camby all really like GK, and that isimportant.

Just what we need
smh.gif

Atkins Expected to Have Surgery for Sports Hernia

Posted Jan 9 2008 6:29PM

tools.gif
[img]http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/print_icon.gif[/img] Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up [img]http://www.nba.com/images/facebook_share_icon.gif[/img]Share on Facebook

DENVER, Jan. 9 (AP) -- Nuggets guard Chucky Atkins was expected to have surgery sometime next week to repair a sports hernia that has bothered him since the preseason.

The Nuggets said a timeline for his return won't be known until after the operation.

Atkins, who signed a two-free free agent contract with Denver last summer, has averaged 4.0 points in nine games for the Nuggets this season. He missed the first 24 games with a severely strained right groin he suffered in a preseason game at Phoenix on Oct. 25.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

The only good thing I see coming from this is that J.R might get some burn

Originally Posted by melofan15

Just what we need
smh.gif

Atkins Expected to Have Surgery for Sports Hernia

Posted Jan 9 2008 6:29PM

tools.gif
[img]http://www.nba.com/media/homepage/print_icon.gif[/img] Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up [img]http://www.nba.com/images/facebook_share_icon.gif[/img]Share on Facebook

DENVER, Jan. 9 (AP) -- Nuggets guard Chucky Atkins was expected to have surgery sometime next week to repair a sports hernia that has bothered him since the preseason.

The Nuggets said a timeline for his return won't be known until after the operation.

Atkins, who signed a two-free free agent contract with Denver last summer, has averaged 4.0 points in nine games for the Nuggets this season. He missed the first 24 games with a severely strained right groin he suffered in a preseason game at Phoenix on Oct. 25.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited
The only good thing I see coming from this is that J.R might get some burn

O well all he was doin is brickin 3's ne ways...maybe in some magical way this injury will make Nene step up and stop playin like sumbit......
indifferent.gif
..nvm

Chucky's gone. So yeah Karl needs to step up and put a little more trust into JR. But the way things are going he'll find a way to play Diawara and notJR because of some mysterious beef they have.

I'm worried about the Nuggets right now when you look at the Western Conference. They have a seemingly good record, but their three major obstacles are theBlazers, Hornets and Lakers. None of these teams are losing. I think later in the season one of them will start losing significantly, but Nuggets are gonnahave to find their ryhthm as well and find some winning consistency.

Well, game tonight against Orlando. Nene and Camby will need to work Howard, and the perimeter D needs to control Rashard and Turkoglu.

I think the team will be fine. Losing Nene won't hurt that much as long as K-Mart stays healthy. IMO the Blazers will eventually fade. The team we have toworry about is Utah.

Well it seems like we are back to square one in the health department after being so close to having a full roster. Atkins is hurt again with hopefully aminor issue, but I don't like all the mystery surround this condition with Nene. Bobby Jones was recently waived. They basically lost 3 players over thecourse of the past week. Not to mention a certain shooting guard does not exist in the eyes of certain coach, so that leaves us with basically an 8-man roster.Thankfully, Anthony Carter has shown poise and has been a big boost for us at the point guard position both on offense and defense.

With the lack of depth, Karl might actually be forced to coach instead of just yelling "DEFENSE!". He might have to design an offensive play or twoand figure out how to use a bench that only consists of two players in hs eyes (Kleiza and Najera). Or he might realize that there is talent being wasted,start to utilize it whether it hurts his pride (aka "the integrity of the game") or not. We'll see. Either way, the next few weeks will be veryinteresting.

TraSoul82 wrote:

Well it seems like we are back to square one in the health department after being so close to having a full roster. Atkins is hurt again with hopefully a minor issue, but I don't like all the mystery surround this condition with Nene. Bobby Jones was recently waived. They basically lost 3 players over the course of the past week. Not to mention a certain shooting guard does not exist in the eyes of certain coach, so that leaves us with basically an 8-man roster. Thankfully, Anthony Carter has shown poise and has been a big boost for us at the point guard position both on offense and defense.

With the lack of depth, Karl might actually be forced to coach instead of just yelling "DEFENSE!". He might have to design an offensive play or two and figure out how to use a bench that only consists of two players in hs eyes (Kleiza and Najera). Or he might realize that there is talent being wasted, start to utilize it whether it hurts his pride (aka "the integrity of the game") or not. We'll see. Either way, the next few weeks will be very interesting.

Yea I'm still upset about us not keeping Jones...I swear its like as soon as we get healthy for a lil bit when go right back to being shorthandedagain.
Originally Posted by SkyLarkster

Chucky's gone. So yeah Karl needs to step up and put a little more trust into JR. But the way things are going he'll find a way to play Diawara and not JR because of some mysterious beef they have.

I'm worried about the Nuggets right now when you look at the Western Conference. They have a seemingly good record, but their three major obstacles are the Blazers, Hornets and Lakers. None of these teams are losing. I think later in the season one of them will start losing significantly, but Nuggets are gonna have to find their ryhthm as well and find some winning consistency.

Well, game tonight against Orlando. Nene and Camby will need to work Howard, and the perimeter D needs to control Rashard and Turkoglu.

I'm not that worried they've lost 7 times in the last 20 games..but their loses were twice to la, spurs, twice to blazers, and gs....so it seemslike we r beating all of the teams we r supposed to beat....to the two losses to the blazers hurt us...but we had some good wins during this 20 game stretchagainst no, spurs, magic, and dallas...

We need to win against Utah next week, thats going to be a HUGE game for us becuz I agree that Utah will still be our biggest competitor at the end of theseason as opposed to Portland...I'm not completely sold yet that the blazers are a playoff team...

VOTE FOR AI!! he trails tmac in a close third.. AI AND MELO DESERVE TO START THIS YEAR!

only 8 days left nugget fans..

VOTE FOR AI!! he trails tmac in a close third.. AI AND MELO DESERVE TO START THIS YEAR!

only 8 days left nugget fans..

Did anybody watch the game last night? Of course we had a long shot of coming back but we got robbed at the end
smh.gif
. I was
laugh.gif
@how A.I. and JR got ejected though. A.I. was about to body that ref.

Nuggets weren't gonna win that Hawks game but that ref was out of line with that call.

What's wrong with the Nuggets though? They're allowing teams to put up 110+ points on them, and losing to bad Eastern teams. I want this team to get ahuge win streak on. They need it bad right now with the rest of the West in a tight race.

^Too many injuries.

Our team is cursed I believe. I mean Najera can't even lift his arm in the air right now. Nene had tumors. Kenyon Martin has a staph infection onhis@#@#
sick.gif

I mean what the %%@$? Everytime it looks like we are coming back to health, something happens. Melo has to step it up and 30/10 is the minimum he can do forthe next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom