OFFICIAL DENVER NUGGETS Season Thread (Ok... Maybe we're not "finished")

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I really wanted to see yall make it to the playoffs... I wanna see golden state make it too... Hopefully the mavs free fall their way out of the playoffs and yall make it

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I really wanted to see yall make it to the playoffs... I wanna see golden state make it too... Hopefully the mavs free fall their way out of the playoffs and yall make it

4real i wanna see gs in it too...i hate the mavs

Nene might play on Thurs...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuggets' coach George Karl said from the team's practice Wednesday that it's possible power forward Nene will dress out for Thursday's homegame against Dallas.

If activated, Nene will be able to play, though it's unlikely he would play extended minutes.

On Monday, Nene said he didn't think his body was ready for five-on-five drills. But on Wednesday, he participated in full practice.

Nene has worked his way back after having surgery for testicular cancer in January. The 25-year-old most recently underwent a single chemotherapy session onFeb. 26.

The Nuggets host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday at the Pepsi Center.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_8704850

They shouldn't even play him tomorrow. They should wait till Saturday or for the Phoenix back to back. Karl always trying to rush somebody back, the otherday Nene said he wasn't ready because his hand was shaking terribly after they ran a couple of drills. Yall remember what happened with Atkins. Take yourtime Nene, take your time

Nene making an appearance at the end of the Mavs game was awesome. JR's 360 alleyoop. Melo's 9000th point. 4th straight win. It was just a good game.

This next game against GS will be the biggest game of the season. Will the Nuggets show up?

change this title NOW1!!!!!!!!!! ..... before we mess it up.
frown.gif

8th place
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]T[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GSW (44-28)[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]112[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DEN (45-28)[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]119[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]Final[/h4]

9:00 PM ET, March 29, 2008

Pepsi Center

Denver, CO
[h2]Martin's double-double helps Nuggets fend off Warriors to move into 8th[/h2]
[table][tr][td]Photo Wire[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]From left, Golden State Warriors center Anddris Biedrins, of Latvia, and forwards Al Harrington, Matt Barnes and Brandon Wright look on as time runs out in the fourth quarter of their 119-112 loss to the Denver Nuggets in an NBA basketball game in Denver on Saturday, March 29, 2008.(AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

· View photo | View gallery[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Comparison[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]GOLDEN STATE[/td] [td]DENVER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]119[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG Made-Attempted[/td] [td]42-104 (.404)[/td] [td]46-100 (.460)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P Made-Attempted[/td] [td]10-30 (.333)[/td] [td]5-24 (.208)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT Made-Attempted[/td] [td]18-21 (.857)[/td] [td]22-29 (.759)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds (Offensive-Total)[/td] [td]15-51[/td] [td]15-58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]36[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turnovers[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fast Break Points[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]26[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)[/td] [td]19 (1/0)[/td] [td]18 (1/0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Largest Lead[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Top Performers[/th] [/tr][tr][td]GOLDEN STATE[/td] [td]DENVER[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]A. Biedrins
Reb: 17
Ast: 3
Stl: 0
Blk: 2
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]K. Martin
Reb: 11
Ast: 1
Stl: 0
Blk: 2
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Game Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]GOLDEN STATE[/td] [td]DENVER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]B. Davis 28[/td] [td]K. Martin 30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]A. Biedrins 17[/td] [td]M. Camby 12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]B. Davis 7[/td] [td]A. Iverson 8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]M. Ellis 4[/td] [td]M. Camby 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]A. Biedrins 2[/td] [td]M. Camby 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Golden State | Denver[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Denver leads 2-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 12/28[/td] [td]DEN 124, @ GS 120[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/30[/td] [td]GS 105, @ DEN 95[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]» Sat 3/29[/td] [td]@DEN 119, GS 112[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Apr 10, 2008[/td] [td]DEN @ GS[/td] [td]8:00 PM ET[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Nuggets | Warriors[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Next 5 Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GOLDEN STATE (ET)[/td] [td]DENVER (ET)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]03/30 DAL 9:00pm
04/01 @SA 8:30pm
04/02 @DAL 9:30pm
04/04 @MEM 8:00pm
04/06 @NO 1:00pm
[/td] [td]03/31 @PHO 10:00pm
04/01 PHO 9:00pm
04/05 SAC 9:00pm
04/06 @SEA 9:00pm
04/08 @LAC 10:30pm
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Golden State | Denver[/td] [/tr][/table]

DENVER (AP) -- Kenyon Martin scored a season-high 30 points and the Denver Nuggets surged past the Golden StateWarriors in the wild Western Conference playoff race with a 119-112 win Saturday night.
Martin also pulled down 11 rebounds, and J.R. Smith added 20 points off the bench, helping the Nuggets stave off a furious rally by theWarriors in the closing minutes.
[h4]Keep It 100[/h4]​
gsw.gif
Golden State extended its streak of games with 100 or more points scored to 36, the third-longest streak since 1990-91.
[table][tr][td]
Team​
[/td] [td]
Streak​
[/td] [td]
Year​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Suns[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]1992-93[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pacers[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]1990-91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Warriors[/td] [td]36*[/td] [td]2007-08[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nuggets[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]1990-91[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Suns[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]1991-92[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* -- Current streak[/td] [/tr][/table]
The Nuggets moved a-half game ahead of the Warriors for the eighth and final playoff spot and pulled within a half game of sliding Dallas for seventhplace. The Mavericks visit the Warriors on Sunday night.Denver also won the all-important tiebreaker with the Warriors by virtue of its win Saturday night anda better conference record.Carmelo Anthony scored 25 for Denver on 11-of-16 shooting,but his fellow All-Star starter, Allen Iverson, went 4-for-20 from the field for 14points.Martin made sure A.I.'s mini-slump didn't matter.Martin's biggest bucket was a buzzer beater from the left corner that made it 115-110 with1:11 remaining, and Baron Davis, who led the Warriors with 28 points, misfired twiceon 3-pointers in the final minute.Stephen Jackson added 25 points for Golden State,Monta Ellis had 22 and Andris Biedrins 17.

Denver won its fifth straight and improved to 30-7 at home while handing the Warriors their fifth loss in nine games.Eduardo Najera's 3-pointer gave Denver a 108-96 lead with 6 1/2 minutes left but theWarriors pulled to 109-106 on a breakaway slam dunk by Ellis with 3:13 left, setting the stage for a frenetic finish.After frittering away an early 11-pointlead, the Nuggets scored the last five points of the third quarter and the first 10 of the fourth, capped by Smith's breakaway glide to the basket for a98-86 lead.Ellis scored three straight baskets to cap an 11-2 run that tied it at 76, and Kelenna Azubuike's follow-up basket with 5:05 left in the third quarter gave the Warriorstheir first lead since the opening minutes at 80-78.Azubuike's basket made it 86-83, and the Warriors looked in complete control, but they started takingsilly shots from all over and they wouldn't score again for 6 minutes.

By then, the Nuggets had reeled off their 15-0 run.Martin surpassed his 12.1-point scoring average with a 19-point first half.Jackson scored eight points inthe Warriors' 10-3 run to close the first half that brought Golden State to 65-61 at the break.Game notes
Martin's previous season high was 24 points at Miami on Feb. 12, and the most he's ever scored is 35, against Seattle in 2003. ... Mickael Pietrus (groin) missed his fourth straight game for Golden State, and Warriors coachDon Nelson said he wasn't sure if Pietrus would be available for Sunday's home game against Dallas, either. ... The lights outside the Pepsi Centerwere turned off for Earth Hour, the worldwide campaign to highlight the threat of climate change.

Well. I hate to say it but things are really not looking good now. We have to win the Clippers game tonight AND beat the Warriors AND win every single gameexcept the one @ Utah, which I expect Denver to lose. And we're gonna need some Warriors losses. Anything less and we can all say goodbye to this season,George Karl, and look ahead at a revamped squad next year.

Since we were all in the Warriors game thread last night I felt the need to come back here.

Next 3 game predictions:

@ Utah: loss
vs. Houston: win
vs. Memphis: win

And that's enough to get in the 8th seed. Although a win against Utah would be just as sweet as last night's win. I'm starting to dislike the Jazz.

someone needs to update thread title.......cuz warriors seem like they're done, barring a meltdown by you guys..

nuggets played a great game yesterday,right now with the way we're playing you guys deserve to make it over us. It's in your hands now...just beat Utahor Houston and you're in. Utah is less realistic of course, but Houston is a definite possiblility, but even if you don't win one of those two, Ireally don't like the Warriors' chances running the table with PHX still on our schedule, given our play right now. We can definitely beat them, butwith our veterans being either apathetic or just worn down, I think we've ran out of gas. It's a shame the Nuggets and Warriors can't both be inthe playoffs since both are having such great seasons.
frown.gif

Sorry about leaving up the title for so long. But I got really busy dealing with the birth of my son (post in General coming soon). Anyway, I hoped at least Imight be able to stir up some reverse-jinx magic, to no avail. I don't understand how we keep getting chances to clich a playoff spot. This should havebeen done months ago and we should be a 60-win team with the schedule we've had this year. You know what the scariest part about this team is? Even if wedo manage to squeeze into the 8th spot, I don't see much changing in the first round. I don't like our chances against the Lakers. In fact, the onlyteam I would feel "comfortable" playing would be the Rockets, due to McGrady's playoff history. I'm seriously just hoping for two playoffwins this year. Seriously, that's all I want at this point.

where are the nuggets fans at?

We just clinched a playoff berth..Now If Dallas loses to No and den beats memphis they will get the 7th seed...at the 7th seed we have a CHANCE against thehornets....at 8 we play the Lakers and we would get destroyed...

We need the Hornets to lose tonight @ LAC so they have something to play for tomorrow night against the Mavericks. If they Lakers and the Hornets both wintonight, L.A. clinches 1st seed and the Hornets clinches the 2nd seed.

Dip, I ain't tell you? I knew we was gon make it. We had too. I didn't expect it to be this close, but damn the 1st and 8th seed are only separated by7 games...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

For all you george karl haters out there (including me)...Stephen A was on espn2 and he said that he's talked to George Karl and that he's closer thanever to stepping aside and that if he does to expect Allen Iverson to ask Denver to get Larry Brown.

If they get Larry Brown they will be be a top 3 team in the west becuz there is no way he'd allow to this team to have no d...

^^Good info. By "closer than ever" you mean stepping down immediately after the playoffs? I would love Larry Brown. Nuggets need someone to whip theminto shape.

And the sports forum is flooded lately. By the time Sunday rolls around it's gonna be 20 Team Denver Nuggets members against 2000 Team Laker people, unlesswe steal game 1 just like we did against the Spurs the last two times.

Go Nuggets on Sunday.

hey, can I copy someone's Nuggets sig?

I didn't want to just steal one. I've been posting in game threads all season, but perhaps they've been overlooked. I have a NYK sig, but A.I. ismy favorite player. I gotta show up in the official thread for this sunday.

Back
Top Bottom