Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Tape is brutal :x wouldn't recommend anyone to stream it.

Last edited:
Some of ya'll hate on this kid like you're on Future's payroll.
dont trip...the more they hate this guy, the better he seems to be doing.....the dislike is having a positive effect so far 
laugh.gif

I had a long debate with several native New Yorkers about this dude and I notice they (especially ppl from BK) are either a) legitimately rocking with this guy or b) putting support in / not wanting to put down a guy from their city / wanting someone from their to win on the big state.

It's actually pretty admirable. It's like even if you know he's trash...you're not going to trash him in the open because of where he's from. I can honestly say there are plenty of big cities who don't have the same ideology when it comes to their homegrown artists. 

Last edited:
I had a long debate with several native New Yorkers about this dude and I notice they (especially ppl from BK) are either a) legitimately rocking with this guy or b) putting support in / not wanting to put down a guy from their city / wanting someone from their to win on the big state.

It's actually pretty admirable. It's like even if you know he's trash...you're not going to trash him in the open because of where he's from. I can honestly say there are plenty of big cities who don't have the same ideology when it comes to their homegrown artists. 

HUH?? This whole ERA of rap has been ushered in due to cities just sticking behind their artist even if there trash. No other way to explain Lil Yachty NONE

HUH?? This whole ERA of rap has been ushered in due to cities just sticking behind their artist even if there trash. No other way to explain Lil Yachty NONE

Lil Yachty is from Atlanta.....the INTERNET is his fan base. If you're willing to lose some brain cells....go and listen to his hot 97 interview (kid is a weirdo :lol:). The ***** said out his own mouth that he doesn't have a fanbase in Atlanta.

Last edited:
It definitely isn't. Not even sure what you mean by that.

Wale gets more support outside of DC than he does within it...and that's something he's even spoken on.

Yachty said himself he doesn't have many Atlanta fans.

Lil Yachty is prospering because we're in an era where the vibes and feeling that urban music gives you is more important than the technique or skill. 

His music just makes you feel good.

You look at this trapped out R&B wave and it's prospering because it just sets a certain vibe with chicks. Or the same with Future/Keef trap rap. Urban music is now more about feeling/vibe than trying to fit ten syllables into a bar.

Last edited:
At 6:08

"I don't even have fans in Atlanta". Relevant :lol:

Well if he doesn't have fans in ATL, who and why are rappers working with this guy .... son literally said he's not a rapper He just doing this to get money and somehow someway i see his **** getting posted everywhere

but back to the point homie made about people from NYC supporting Desiigner, If we're talking rap skill/talent alone how are we then gonna act as if the south hasn't been supporting ATL dudes just because they ATL dudes. Gucci will hop on a track with damn near anyone and throw them a look, several of their producers will work with a young ***** who may not be that talented but they gonna give him an opportunity.

Same thing happened in Chicago with A lot of the Drill music. NYC was one of the only places not doing that for years. we demanded that all our rappers either be Top tier or we wasn't gonna push em, and that hurt us mainstream wise in the long run. So this is a turn that should have happened a long time ago imo. But not just with desiigner, but all up and coming NYC artist who can really get out here and make moves.

Well if he doesn't have fans in ATL, who and why are rappers working with this guy .... son literally said he's not a rapper He just doing this to get money and somehow someway i see his **** getting posted everywhere

but back to the point homie made about people from NYC supporting Desiigner, If we're talking rap skill/talent alone how are we then gonna act as if the south hasn't been supporting ATL dudes just because they ATL dudes. Gucci will hop on a track with damn near anyone and throw them a look, several of their producers will work with a young ***** who may not be that talented but they gonna give him an opportunity.

Same thing happened in Chicago with A lot of the Drill music. NYC was one of the only places not doing that for years. we demanded that all our rappers either be Top tier or we wasn't gonna push em, and that hurt us mainstream wise in the long run. So this is a turn that should have happened a long time ago imo. But not just with desiigner, but all up and coming NYC artist who can really get out here and make moves.
Because what is "rap skill/talent"

The difference between NYC and ATL (and really everyone else) is that we aren't expecting everyone to be on Andre 3000's or Killer Mike's skill level like y'all expect everyone to be Hov or Nas'  skill level.

I can bump Future then OutKast then 21 Savage and I'm not asking why 21 don't sound like Andre. LA has no problem bumping Kendrick then Dom then YG. Everyone can have their own lane. The South always has been like that since Dre was giving verses to DJ Unk. It's a time and place for everything. It has nothing to do with supporting because someone from your own city.

NY is the only place that has this outdated idea of what a rapper supposed to be. It's funny everyone looking for the NY savior when Rocky has been out here consistently doing his thing.

Last edited:
Go back and read this thread from page one thru 6. 

This thread was an NYC vs everyone post from the jump. Some of the NY guys in here have actually said they like the kid, and there are others who have vert bluntly made it known they aren't necessarily fans but yet, t have maintained a presence in this thread seemingly in defense of him. 

Again...I'm not even saying that there's nothing wrong with that. That's actually a compliment to the city. But don't dress it up and tell me it aint what it is. You can't tell me that the same ppl from NY in here in defense of Desiigner would have the same presence in here if this was a kid from Los Angeles biting Future.

Last edited:
Yachty is collabing with Atlanta artists left and right and getting a push from all the blogs because of Coach K

NY is the only place that has this outdated idea of what a rapper supposed to be. It's funny everyone looking for the NY savior when Rocky has been out here consistently doing his thing.

You would have a point if everyone else holds New York to that same standard.

Look at Troy Ave and French.

That same person dissing them, isn't listening to Kendrick or even Ross, they're listening to Future.

If you aren't lyrical and you're from New York you get dissed by guys who listen to a bunch of gibberish and wack rap. I don't hear these same arguments then.

Lil Yacthy and Famous Dex were two dudes I 100% knew woukd eventually take off :lol: I remember both looking very dusty in videos with barely over 1000 views, linked with 300 and know both have videos pushing 4 million views crazy stuff

That same person dissing them, isn't listening to Kendrick or even Ross, they're listening to Future.

If you aren't lyrical and you're from New York you get dissed by guys who listen to a bunch of gibberish and wack rap. I don't hear these same arguments then.

French gets love though and is having a pretty decent career.

Troy Ave did it to himself by talking so crazy all while imitating Mid 2000's NY. Also he alienated most of the millennial demographic with all that "weirdo" talk. He is 35 and out of touch.

The world took Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel for what they were. Entertaining dudes who made bangers.

People don't dislike Desiigner because he's making gibberish trap rap. They dislike him because he is a carbon copy of Future.

Last edited:

He's a 19 year old kid. A inner city black kid at that. Are you supposed to hope he fails?

I find that Kodak Black kid some of the people up here terrible and his comment about Tupac and Biggie was disrespectful from such a bad rapper, but I don't hope he fails.

I wonder about the people who hope someone like that fails, like what happen to Bobby or even Chief Keef.

Dudes literally run up in this topic at every movement Desiigner makes looking for something to criticize. That's some next level Beehive and Navy stuff Future has going on that dudes think it's kosher.

And I''ve lived through 30+ years of rap and never reacted to someone who gave off the same aura or style as another rapper. From Dana Dane and Slick Rick to now.

I think most people understood he was 18-19 and accepted that and was willing to give him a chance when he put out a tape...now that his tape is trash, people are gonna move on...

I still think he has a dope rap voice and can make something crazy if he links up with Harry Fraud and stop trying to actually rap like Future and stop trying to rap over the same beats as Future.

It would be a big look for him to give a hook to Dave East.

Last edited:
He's a 19 year old kid. A inner city black kid at that. Are you supposed to hope he fails?

I find that Kodak Black kid some of the people up here terrible and his comment about Tupac and Biggie was disrespectful from such a bad rapper, but I don't hope he fails.

I wonder about the people who hope someone like that fails, like what happen to Bobby or even Chief Keef.

Dudes literally run up in this topic at every movement Desiigner makes looking for something to criticize. That's some next level Beehive and Navy stuff Future has going on that dudes think it's kosher.

And I''ve lived through 30+ years of rap and never reacted to someone who gave off the same aura or style as another rapper. From Dana Dane and Slick Rick to now.
Who said anything about hoping he fails?

It's not even that deep. I'm talking about the same **** that happens in every thread on here...which is there's an artist thread where 90% of the convo is based on ppl who do like that artist...vs ppl who don't. How is this thread any different? 

The entire Drake thread is often dominated by ppl that hate Drake...would you go in there and put up the same defense in there and if you did...it means you support Drake in someway, shape or form right? 

I don't see why its so hard to admit that you're just riding for your city. That's all I said.

Last edited:
Who said anything about hoping he fails?

It's not even that deep. I'm talking about the same **** that happens in every thread on here...which is there's an artist thread where 90% of the convo is based on ppl who do like that artist...vs ppl who don't. How is this thread any different? 

The entire Drake thread is often dominated by ppl that hate Drake...would you go in there and put up the same defense in there and if you did...it means you support Drake in someway, shape or form right? 

I don't see why its so hard to admit that you're just riding for your city. That's all I said.

The issue is. I don't care either way

I think Future is wack. I think Desiigner is wack.

I don't hope he fails.

I have a problem with these selective rap rules that suddenly get pulled out for convenience. You can be a wack rapper as long as you're a original wack rapper, and you can't sound like another wack rapper.

I don't blame the rappers anymore, I think the majority of fans are morons and want incoherent gibberish and nonsense, so that's what they're being fed like babies. Just don't use hip hop rules when you don't give a **** about hip hop.

Last edited:
The issue is. I don't care either way

I think Future is wack. I think Desiigner is wack.

I don't hope he fails.

I have a problem with these selective rap rules that suddenly get pulled out for convenience. You can be a wack rapper as long as you're a original wack rapper, and you can't sound like another wack rapper.

I don't blame the rappers anymore, I think the majority of fans are morons and want incoherent gibberish and nonsense, so that's what they're being fed like babies. Just don't use hip hop rules when you don't give a **** about hip hop.
laugh.gif
 I'm not in disagreement with any of this. (although I'm not one of these Future hive dudes, he has stuff I do enjoy)

My initial comment was just the observation that I've seen that NY...specifically Brooklyn goes hard for dude even if they know he's wack and it's because they WANT him to win because NY feels like they need "wins". Im basing that off an offline real conversations in Brooklyn (i live there but not from there) and I what I see in this thread. In comparison...I know major rappers from other major cities where they don't get that same sort of grassroots blind support.

Wale in DC is one. Detroit and Big Sean is another. I know ALOT of ppl from Detroit that absolutely hate Big Sean 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

You act like one can't enjoy both Kendrick and Future. Both of them are some of my favorite artist.

And French is dope when he's on Harry Fraud beats. Or dropping songs like "Lockjaw". ASAP is dope. You don't need to be a lyrical rapper from NY to get praise. I mess with the smurdas heavy....and bump Jadakiss and Nas. It doesn't matter man.

Idk why NYC is so defensive with this sht. We've never seen a clone like Desiigner before. And him being from NY, there is going to be a lil clapback from some of the regions y'all shtted on.

Props to him for being a young black dude from the trenches that's doing well. But I wouldn't support it. NYC supports it heavy. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom