OFFICIAL DOLPHINS AT EAGLES POST - 1:00 PM EST CBS

[h1]Eagles to play host to winless Dolphins[/h1]
Associated Press

Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook and the Philadelphia Eagles try to put together consecutive wins for the first time during what's become a frustrating season on Sunday when they host the winless Miami Dolphins.

The Eagles (4-5) have alternated wins and losses for the last eight games, but got a crucial 33-25 win at Washington last weekend behind four touchdown passes from Donovan McNabb and three total scores from Westbrook, who realizes the inconsistency cannot continue if Philadelphia is to reach the postseason.
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
"We're in the position now that we need to win every game," he said.

McNabb went 20-for-28 for 251 yards last weekend, as he and Westbrook have been instrumental to the Eagles' hopes of winning games. McNabb has completed 68.8 percent of his passes for 1,243 yards, 10 touchdowns and one interception in Philadelphia's four victories, while eight of Westbrook's nine TDs this season have come in wins.

McNabb has fared far worse in defeat, posting a 55.8 completion percentage for 1,052 yards, with only three TDs and three interceptions.

The quarterback does appear to be re-establishing himself as a running threat again after last week's season highs of 37 rushing yards and seven carries -- four going for first downs -- showing his surgically repaired right knee can hold up. He had totaled 70 yards on 21 carries in the previous eight contests.

"I think even more so this past week, when he pulled it down, he pulled it down with a little conviction in it," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He went and ran very hard. He was very decisive on what he was going to do. That shows you he's getting more comfortable with his leg and everything else. That does put pressure on the defense and that was good to see."

Meanwhile, the 5-foot-8 Westbrook continues to prove he is one of the top running backs in the NFL.

The versatile running back leads the Eagles with 701 rushing yards, 518 receiving yards and 54 receptions, putting him behind only Minnesota's Adrian Peterson (1,301) for the league lead in total yards from scrimmage.

Despite missing one game with an abdominal injury, Westbrook has a chance to become the third running back in NFL history to have 1,000 yards rushing and receiving in the same season, joining Roger Craig (1985) and Marshall Faulk (1999).

"I've had an opportunity to see it firsthand for a couple of years now, and the guy just continues to come into his own, and he is not only locally but nationally recognized," McNabb said. "I'm excited to have him on my team because we're able to do a lot of different things with him."

McNabb and Westbrook will try to take advantage of a Miami defense that is ranked 31st in the NFL in scoring defense (28.6 points per game), and 30th against the run (149.7 yards per game).

The Eagles are just 4-7 all-time against the Dolphins, but won the last meeting on Dec. 15, 2003. They have not hosted Miami (0-9) since Oct. 20, 1996 -- a game Philadelphia won 35-28.

Miami already must focus on 2008, after losing 13-10 at home to Buffalo last week and becoming only the seventh team to open a season with nine consecutive losses.

The Dolphins will try to find out if rookie John Beck, their second-round draft pick out of Brigham Young, is their quarterback of the future by making him the starter for the season's final seven games.

"When we haven't won a game, you make a change," first-year Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said. "John has made tremendous progress in the last month. The timing is right."

Beck will become the 12th quarterback to start for Miami since Dan Marino retired following the 1999 season. He'll be the third starter this season alone, following Trent Green and Cleo Lemon.

"I just want to make the most of it," Beck said. "I've been working real hard in practice and on the sidelines in games to try to prepare myself."

Eagles Notes - Brian Westbrook is questionable with a sore knee but should be ready for gametime.

Eagles easily win this 31-7.

Damn, an official Dolphins gameday post!?
eek.gif
The only one I've seen this year is when we played the Pats, and that was only so everyone could marvel atthe epic destruction.
laugh.gif
"{
sick.gif

I'm just REALLY interested in seeing John Beck get his first start. Don't be too hard on him, Iggles.

Nice to see a Phins thread. This should be an interesting game to see what Beck looks like. Next week too when ricky joins the fray. Be nice if we can gethim some time and hope he plays well enough for us to move him next year. Stackin chips to add peices later.
pimp.gif

John Beck should get his+@!* lit up. If JJ can't absolutely destroy him, he needs to go.

On offense, just give Westbrook the ball. He's averaging over 150 yards a game now. He has 9 TDs (t-3rd in the league). Best back in the league.

Living in Philly I have the opportunity (am forced) 2 watch Eagles games. Westbrook is arguably the most complete back in the league...but yall are gonna bringhis career 2 a short end if yall keep trying 2 give him the ball 45 times a game...

That said, the Dolphins haven't won yet...you have a chance 2 stay in the race if you don't let that change...

Not gonna cheer 4 yall, but I think yall got it...

but yall are gonna bring his career 2 a short end if yall keep trying 2 give him the ball 45 times a game...
Brian Westbrook hasn't touched the ball 45 times in a single game ever in his career.

^I was exaggerating but I was trying 2 make the point that the offense lives and dies with him...

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Living in Philly I have the opportunity (am forced) 2 watch Eagles games. Westbrook is arguably the most complete back in the league...but yall are gonna bring his career 2 a short end if yall keep trying 2 give him the ball 45 times a game...

That said, the Dolphins haven't won yet...you have a chance 2 stay in the race if you don't let that change...

Not gonna cheer 4 yall, but I think yall got it...

You clearly don't watch Eagles games. He's only averaging 25 touches a game.

Aight aight lol
frown.gif

No more Westbrook observations, jeez...

I was kidding (really? 25? Seems like more...)

Guess ill watch closelier this Sunday...

He's only averaging 25 touches a game.

smh.gif
Dude stay injured, and some of yall want him to get the ball more
eek.gif

He'd play 5 games/yr if he consistantly got more than 20 carries/game

Don't let this be a trap game with the Pats coming up (even though I'm doubtful on that one
laugh.gif
).
Westbrook has been injury prone all his career, including college, but about 20-22 touches is a good average for him a year so he can stay healthy. I don'tknow the status on Buckhalter, but look for Tony Hunt to do work with Westbrook getting a little rest.

A W!

bump

Yeah I know John Beck is starting but based on NFL history he's going to have a long day with us.

And I hope the Eagles will get a repeat performance like we did last Sunday.

yeah i cant wait to see Beck out there in the pocket.

P.S. Special teams stop holding so Ginn can have an official kickoff/punt return for a touchdown

Living in Philly I have the opportunity (am forced) 2 watch Eagles games. Westbrook is arguably the most complete back in the league...but yall are gonna bring his career 2 a short end if yall keep trying 2 give him the ball 45 times a game...
You not forced patna I never watch Eagles games but I have the Sunday Ticket. Only time I watch an Eagles game outside of playing Dallas is theyare playing a good team or its a close game.

Westbrook has been injury prone all his career, including college, but about 20-22 touches is a good average for him a year so he can stay healthy.
Unfortunately, it's not a good average for the Eagles to win games.

Posting from the game. We should win this easily but there are no guarantees. Those dudes are desperate for a win so you know they are going to give it therebest.

*Peteweezy*
I got Comcast...can't get Sunday Ticket...NFL need 2 step they game up, on some real shhh...all that 'gotta have direcTV 2 get Sunday Ticket' is 4the birds...

Hes had a couple called back this year but hes starting to get it. He is no Hester but he is a better returner then I ever gave him credit for.

Back
Top Bottom