Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I like how they're just not going to explain how Vegeta achieved SSG all on his own. 

DBZ is byke! Huge plot holes are byke!

Last edited:
I like how they're just not going to explain how Vegeta achieved SSG all on his own. 

DBZ is byke! Huge plot holes are byke!

I don't think he ever achieved SSG form or that he needed to. I think we were all under the assumption that a saiyan could only attain godly Ki by going through the ritual and achieving the form but that was never confirmed. There's actually no evidence that Goku even keeps anything but a power boost after he transformed. What goku and Vegeta have done though through training is learned to gain God ki without using the ritual. So they don't need to become "gods" to use godly ki

Last edited:

True, but this pretty much implied that you have to go through SSG to become SSBlue. Right at the beginning of this video.

True, but this pretty much implied that you have to go through SSG to become SSBlue. Right at the beginning of this video.

But if you go back to the Original dialogue in Japanese goku says " a super Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyain God" which to me implies (in context) bypassing the original form all together. Not a super saiyan super saiyain god or even a super Saiyan God that has gone super saiyan. If that makes and sense. I don't think the forms are related at all honestly aside from them both having god Ki.

Last edited:
I ain't watching super till they dub that ****. And it better have the funimation soundtrack not that corny *** one Kai uses.

I ain't watching super till they dub that ****
so that means that you have to wait 5 years for it
laugh.gif

I was under the impression that you had to tap into the powers of a god to go SSBlue as well. I remember vegeta saying that he wanted the ritual to be done on him next time so I just assumed he had the ritual done to him and then him and Goku trained with Beerus and Whis and obtained the SSBlue transformation.

But like stated this is Dragon Ball, they'll always be plot holes but I'm expecting an explanation soon. Probably in the tournament arc because I'm positive they'll be more god mode transformations

Gohan got next :nthat:

I was under the impression that you had to tap into the powers of a god to go SSBlue as well. I remember vegeta saying that he wanted the ritual to be done on him next time so I just assumed he had the ritual done to him and then him and Goku trained with Beerus and Whis and obtained the SSBlue transformation.

But like stated this is Dragon Ball, they'll always be plot holes but I'm expecting an explanation soon. Probably in the tournament arc because I'm positive they'll be more god mode transformations

I wouldn't necessarily call it a plot hole. When I first saw battle of the gods and revival of F I assumed the same thing. But after watching super and seeing vegeta train and slowly learn how detect and later use God ki im now assuming that the forms aren't related. From what I gather SSB is just a super Saiyan using godly ki.

They dubbed the movies in like a year. Why would it take 5 ?
lol i was just joking with you, but back in the days it would take ages before they dubbed it english

for example GT came out around 96 and think it got dubbed in 2005 for the US market
sick.gif

Last edited:

Seems to me that it's not required but that it does aid in the process. Vegeta just seems to have learned to tap into/attain godly ki over time (Which really should have gotten a proper explanation), whereas Goku was altered by SSG and retained the ability to use godly ki that way, hence you have this in the manga:

View media item 1873402
Where his SSG state can be seen behind him in the midst of his training with Whis.

I ain't watching super till they dub that ****. And it better have the funimation soundtrack not that corny *** one Kai uses.

The music played a HUGE part into why DBZ was as good as it was. Its so bland without it.

Seems to me that it's not required but that it does aid in the process. Vegeta just seems to have learned to tap into/attain godly ki over time (Which really should have gotten a proper explanation), whereas Goku was altered by SSG and retained the ability to use godly ki that way, hence you have this in the manga:

View media item 1873402
Where his SSG state can be seen behind him in the midst of his training with Whis.

Here's the thing though. I don't think goku retained anything from the transformation but the physical power up, he just got stronger. Kinda like how Gohans base form got stronger after becoming mystic. There's nothing really there to show that he kept any of the abilities that came with the SSG form like even being able to sense God ki or that regeneration/healing jig, otherwise that laser beam from sorbet wouldn't have been a problem. And it also explains why goku looked normal when he lost the transformation and reverted back to his normal looking super Saiyan state, because although he had gotten stronger he was no longer in god form or using god ki. So by the time goku had gone to start training with whis, vegeta had already bridged the gap between their base forms through training. At that point they both learned to use god ki while training and going into that other realm.

Last edited:

View media item 1873402

Here's the thing though. I don't think goku retained anything from the transformation but the physical power up, he just got stronger. Kinda like how Gohans base form got stronger after becoming mystic. There's nothing really there to show that he kept any of the abilities that came with the SSG form like even being able to sense God ki or that regeneration/healing jig, otherwise that laser beam from sorbet wouldn't have been a problem. And it also explains why goku looked normal when he lost the transformation and reverted back to his normal looking super Saiyan state, because although he had gotten stronger he was no longer in god form or using god ki. So by the time goku had gone to start training with whis, vegeta had already bridged the gap between their base forms through training. At that point they both learned to use god ki while training and going into that other realm.

He retained the ability to access godly ki which is why he's then able to attain SSB down the line, along with the boost in power, whereas Vegeta needed to train with Whis to gain the ability to use god ki.

Last edited:
He retained the ability to access godly ki which is why he's then able to attain SSB down the line, along with the boost in power, whereas Vegeta needed to train with Whis to gain the ability to use god ki.

That could be true. Guess it doesn't help that we don't see him use godly ki prior to the SSB transformation though. Toriyama sure likes letting us speculate lol

That could be true. Guess it doesn't help that we don't see him use godly ki prior to the SSB transformation though. Toriyama sure likes letting us speculate lol

I think we were all expecting Vegeta's training to yield more information than it actually did. Down the line I guess that Gohan might be able to offer further insight if they choose to have him use SSB. ANd honestly I can't see them having him gain any other power. Even Mystic at this point doesn't compare anymore.

i just finished ep 27 from DBS and gohan deff need a makeover, the dude looks a friggin asian computer nerd

they need to dress him up in that old purple kung fu suit when he fought Cell

and he also need that old teenager haircut and ditch those revenge of the nerds glasses
mean.gif

What is SSGSS?

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?

A bit redundant if so, no?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom