Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

According to that spoiler, did they unfuse in 1 episode? Cause Vegito would have something in his pocket, not Kakarot.

Yeah GT wasn't really that good to me, but it's better than Super for many reasons

Fresher concepts

Not reusing the same character designs from Z and actually aging (or de-aging) them. Toriyama in his manga had NEVER had a character look the same after a timeskip unless we're talking adult Goku or Vegeta. Even kid/teen Goku went through growth spurts until Toriyama settled on his final adult design at age 23 (Raditz Saga). Super takes place, what starting 5 years after Buu? And the story is currently three years after the Beerus saga, right? TRASH.

Better character designs

LEAGUES better animation

SSJ4 when considered alone is a stupid *** transformation but it's still cooler than SSJB

Better villains (Super 17 is trash but I still prefer him to what we have in DBS)

The actual desire to expand the DB universe as opposed to every episode having the crew with Beerus and Whis hanging out at Capsule Corp (the entire first arc with Goku, Pan and Trunks looking for the black star DBs).

As stated before, DBS is the Goku and Vegeta show, and Toriyama ended his manga with the implication that during any future installments this would NOT be the case.

Again I kind of hate GT but I'd rather watch that on a weekly basis than Super

Last edited:
I couldnt watch GT bc of the endless amount of weak enemies they fought. Lile we knew Goku can go ssj3 but he only turn to ssj2 and still struggled to fight against yhe enemies, if he had gone thru ssj3, easy battle.

The enemies they faced were a struggle. No real villians until Super 17, Bebi and the last Shenron.

Meanwhile GT showed growth, it also took a step back with Chibi-goku being young.

Super is worse than GT....and I've probably only seen about 20 GT episodes. Just can't get thru it. Maybe one day.

Super has to be the SLOWEST developing story's in all of the dragon ball series. Compare episode 65 of Super....to episode 65 of Dragon Ball Z.

Leagues apart in pacing, story telling, advancement and character development.

They wasted Zamasu and Goku Black's storylines. Could've been an amazing villain.

Super takes place 6 months after the Buu saga. I wouldn't expect the characters to age. Gohan was the only one who looked weaker, but I attribute that to bad character drawing.

Super takes place 6 months after the Buu saga. I wouldn't expect the characters to age. Gohan was the only one who looked weaker, but I attribute that to bad character drawing.

Nope. Battle of the Gods starts 4 years after the Buu Saga

Buu Saga ended in age 774
Battle of Gods starts in age 778

2 years have passed in Super. We're currently in Age 780 in the current timeline. The Future timeline they are fighting in is 18 years in the Future. Age 798.

Trunks and Goten still look and act like 8 year olds....when they are supposed to be teenagers. Trunks should be like 14 . Goten like 13

I couldnt watch GT bc of the endless amount of weak enemies they fought. Lile we knew Goku can go ssj3 but he only turn to ssj2 and still struggled to fight against yhe enemies, if he had gone thru ssj3, easy battle.

The enemies they faced were a struggle. No real villians until Super 17, Bebi and the last Shenron.

Meanwhile GT showed growth, it also took a step back with Chibi-goku being young.

Power levels in general were way off in GT, but Goku's abilities just didn't make any sense. He loses the ability to use Instant Transmission, struggles to maintain SS3, but somehow retains the use of all his other abilities and techniques? Why? :lol: That being said though, GT was like 64 episodes and covered far more ground than Super has in the same time.

I'll also say that if we're looking at the use of the main cast GT gave you Kid Goku, Trunks, and Pan. Super gives you Goku and Vegeta, with Whis and Beerus tagging along. I appreciate Vegeta's increased presence, but Whis and Beerus being around all the time is so pointless.

The fact that GT vs Super is an actual debate speaks to how bad Super is.

Exactly.

Another gripe I have about Super is Goku and Vegetas abilities. They get stronger but their attacks never change. But then we have Black and Zamasau coming up with these crazy *** attacks whenever they get an increase. That sword hand, the scythe, that rip in space time, those lightning attacks, but Goku and Vegeta are still using Kamehameha waves and Galick Guns. It's absurd.

Hell even Gotenks had some clever new attacks, the exploding ghosts for one.

Last edited:
Reboot DragonBall but with the avatar people at the helm lol

I'd actually be down for that. Hell, you don't even have to do a reboot if you don't want to, just tell a different story. Like how Master Roshi became the greatest martial artist in the world or some ****. Those 2 episodes with Avatar Wan were phenomonal. :smokin

Nope. Battle of the Gods starts 4 years after the Buu Saga

Buu Saga ended in age 774
Battle of Gods starts in age 778

2 years have passed in Super. We're currently in Age 780 in the current timeline. The Future timeline they are fighting in is 18 years in the Future. Age 798.

Trunks and Goten still look and act like 8 year olds....when they are supposed to be teenagers. Trunks should be like 14 . Goten like 13

Rugrats were babies for like 20 years tho

F That, I like super. Downplay it all you want, I'm just happy I'm getting new Dragonball. Now if it was pure trash like 95% of the x-men movies, then it would be a problem for me.

*watching the new episode on CR*
What a load of ********...........Toriyama makes a new BS copout rule for Potarra fusions.  "Non-Kai Potarra Fusions" only last 1 hour, while a regular fusion dance lasts 30 minutes. 

It was suppose to be permanent in DBZ, then Toriyama creates this lame copout.

Lame sauce, Toriyama........just pure ******* lame sauce, bro

Why do you guys keep blaming Toriyama?

F That, I like super. Downplay it all you want, I'm just happy I'm getting new Dragonball. Now if it was pure trash like 95% of the x-men movies, then it would be a problem for me.

I guess its easier to please people like us. Because I see nothing wrong with super either.

Back
Top Bottom